Battlefield 1

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I picked this up after not playing any Battlefield games since the first Nam one. I am horrible and should probably go kill myself. :(

Follow the below option setup guide and make sure and slow your mouse speed way down. Basically lower it to where you're hardly comfortable, get use to it, then lower it another percent, get use to it, so on and so forth... until you find the sweet spot.

Level medic, support and assault up to 3 (in that order IMO, fuck scout for now) so you can buy the guns you want and get use to the classes. Worry more about staying alive and playing to the objective then getting kills, at least at first. Kills will eventually start coming.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Follow the below option setup guide and make sure and slow your mouse speed way down. Basically lower it to where you're hardly comfortable, get use to it, then lower it another percent, get use to it, so on and so forth... until you find the sweet spot.

Level medic, support and assault up to 3 (in that order IMO, fuck scout for now) so you can buy the guns you want and get use to the classes. Worry more about staying alive and playing to the objective then getting kills, at least at first. Kills will eventually start coming.

I'll give that a shot. Thx.

• 2Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like bayonet charge can be super buggy/glitchy. Just last night I had one guy do 3 charges on me and all were very weird. First one he started the stab animation a good 15-20 feet out on me, this could be attributed to lag maybe. Second one He stabbed my squad mate who was in front of me(I was on his side about 3 feet back) when suddenly he stabbed me with the same move as my squad mates corpse was still falling. Third time I was sitting around the corner of a hallway, So I was behind the Corner of the L shape. Somehow he stabbed me through the corner(so through 2 walls), the animation cut-scene was glitching out out cause it was trying to process the two walls he was stabbing me through.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I feel like bayonet charge can be super buggy/glitchy. Just last night I had one guy do 3 charges on me and all were very weird. First one he started the stab animation a good 15-20 feet out on me, this could be attributed to lag maybe. Second one He stabbed my squad mate who was in front of me(I was on his side about 3 feet back) when suddenly he stabbed me with the same move as my squad mates corpse was still falling. Third time I was sitting around the corner of a hallway, So I was behind the Corner of the L shape. Somehow he stabbed me through the corner(so through 2 walls), the animation cut-scene was glitching out out cause it was trying to process the two walls he was stabbing me through.
Yea I've seen it be weird a few times to, much like when you sometimes try climb/vault something too.

Also a Pro tip, the person to bayonet charge last always wins a bayonet vs bayonet fight.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I feel like this game is very good at demonstrating how much war sucks.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
My kids got an Xbone for their b-days to play FIFA, ended up being the Battlefield 1 bundle. I haven't played a console game in at least 3 year and haven't played a Battlefield one since 1942. By god do I suck at anything other than assault shotty right now though I'm having a blast. Guess I need to start adding peeps as my squad mates never do anything together unless I get the one healer that actually you know, heals.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
My kids got an Xbone for their b-days to play FIFA, ended up being the Battlefield 1 bundle. I haven't played a console game in at least 3 year and haven't played a Battlefield one since 1942. By god do I suck at anything other than assault shotty right now though I'm having a blast. Guess I need to start adding peeps as my squad mates never do anything together unless I get the one healer that actually you know, heals.
I see more medics throw down health then I ever see supports throw down ammo lol

Last edited:

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
So idk if was some glitch, bug or what. But seems you can't roadkill people using a mortar.....was on Canal in a heavy tank and went to drive over 3 enemies on mortars. They didn't die and instead were damaging my tank while besides inside it.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have been out of the FPS game since BC2 and MW, but this game just FEELS awesome. The quality of the weapons, the authentic feel of the physics and most of all the maps are just top notch.

The gun audio is literally perfect. When i fire a weapon in this game it feels like Im weilding a heavy piece of authentic equipment, from the way the bullets travel to the sound of the action. And killing enemies is more satisfying than any other FPS ive played in a long long time.

Must buy IMO.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yes, quality is super high. I just want more weapons added and a "historic" mode and it would be perfect.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
The audio of the battlefield games has always been one of their absolute signature components.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
For those of you who want to squad up a couple of us play pretty regularly and use discord. Just pop in get some friend request/squads if you want.

Discord: Discord

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Does this game ever NOT run like shit? Have a GTX 970 & an i7 2600k and its raping my CPU usage. So clunky, which is a shame cause I feel like I'd really like this if it was smooth.

Tried capping my fps, no luck. Any tips are very much welcomed.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Does this game ever NOT run like shit? Have a GTX 970 & an i7 2600k and its raping my CPU usage. So clunky, which is a shame cause I feel like I'd really like this if it was smooth.

Hate to say it, but it's time to retire Sandy Bridge CPUs.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I love this game.

Also: I am fucking terrible at this game.

• 2Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is there a 'trick' to leveling the class ranks? Tried to level up scout some more and it seemed painfully slow when paying attention to it.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Is there a 'trick' to leveling the class ranks? Tried to level up scout some more and it seemed painfully slow when paying attention to it.

For scouts lots of flare assists and playing the objective with an iron sights or 4x rifle is the way to go for fast leveling. SMLE Marksman (4x) or infantry (IS) are good choices.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Hate to say it, but it's time to retire Sandy Bridge CPUs.

Nah, Sandy Bridge still kicks ass in just about everything. Battlefield 1 just has unusually high CPU usage across the board.

The game runs great for me, even with high CPU usage but the two things that seem to help most people are limiting your frame rate by making a config file and adding the gametime.maxvariablefps 60 setting, setting Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames to 2 in the NCP, and playing in borderless windowed mode. I don't limit my FPS, but the Maximum Pre-Rendered setting drops my cpu usage anywhere from 10-20% and I generally always use borderless windowed anyway.

Is your 2600k stock, is hyperthreading on or off?