Battlefield 1

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Going to try more games this weekend but my initial impression is one of "Blah".

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Did I miss it or was hardcore mode not in the beta? Its the game mode (also rush) I put 4/5 of my BF4 time into, because normal is so non-lethal to me in this beta

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I am not impressed at all, this map sucks. i was bored after 30 minutes of just open space with crappy weapons.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This gets better the more you play it, Conquest at least.

I want to see more maps.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
hey hek, nice rounds yesterday... sorry i wasnt mic'd up. spent a lot of time trying to spawn in your airplane, but if you're in combat or out of bounds i was unable to.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Well that's gay and yes that was fun, even though we weren't mic'd.

I'm getting better with the plane, only time I get rekt is if I fuck up and get too low and my landing gear catches on something or if some super ace pilot goes ass to mouth. Last night I dominated everyone in the air and went 20-0 several rounds in a row, needless to say people hated me.

EDIT: Regime, I'm down for that server. Hit me up if that's still something you plan on doing.

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well that's gay and yes that was fun, even though we weren't mic'd.

I'm getting better with the plane, only time I get rekt is if I fuck up and get too low and my landing gear catches on something or if some super ace pilot goes ass to mouth. Last night I dominated everyone in the air and went 20-0 several rounds in a row, needless to say people hated me.

EDIT: Regime, I'm down for that server. Hit me up if that's still something you plan on doing.

Ok

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Killing people while riding your horse is super satisfying. Gunning other planes down from the gunner seat is also fun.

The tanks are kinda dumb. They're only sorta fun to drive and they're totally not fun to get killed by.

At least in BF3/4, the tanks are super fun for the person in the tank, and fairly fun for people trying to RPG the tank.

Last edited:

Hekotat

I think the biggest issue is having to be prone or near a ledge to fire the rocket rifle. That give them more than enough time to kill you.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Killing people on a horse is very satisfying especially right after they kill you. Must be a glitch in the game (ps4), I can swing my sword one last time on a horse a split second after I die and grab that revenge kill.
Bf1 is so far "OK", more then likely I will buy it however I had a better time playing TF2 over BF1.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I'll probably buy Titanfall on release and then pick this up after Black Friday.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sad that the first real battlefield since bf4 and I'll be skipping. (Hardline lulz, and while I love star wars I knew i hated battlefront stuff, not to mention any video you saw quickly how vapid and content lite it was)

Sludig

Eh, I imagine that'd end up pretty similiar to this. I know everyone is burnt out on near future scifi from other games, but god I miss 2142. Modernize that but keep the kinda uncluttered simple maps and great balance that made it perfect for groups running squads.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
The round I played the light tank guy was like getting 30 kills at a time, I didn't even see him coming most of the time and I'd get shot. Granted, I haven't played BF games in forever. Also got run down from behind by a horse. Haha. Fun but frustrating

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
If you are playing on PC, here is what you are going up against currently. I very much hope that the cost of the game deters most of the cheaters, and that EA cracks down on the ones that are willing to pay for the full release

Hekotat

Yeah, tanks are fucking brutal. They make no sound and blend in way to well with the background.

Having to be prone to fire the rocket rifle is a 98% chance of death and 4 rocket hits only does 60% damage.

The sabre on the horse has like a 20' reach and they horses make no noise as well. I watched one guy just keep doing laps around C killing tons of people.

Sludig

Light tanks are pretty amazing, the rest i really feel is nbd. Assault underrepresented due to the balance of guns and everything favoring not autos. Once people learn to fly imagine get shut down harder by bombs. Really a 4 or 5 person group of snipers can overrun the light tank with their ap bullet.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Light tanks are pretty amazing, the rest i really feel is nbd. Assault underrepresented due to the balance of guns and everything favoring not autos. Once people learn to fly imagine get shut down harder by bombs. Really a 4 or 5 person group of snipers can overrun the light tank with their ap bullet.

Speaking of planes, I am not the best pilot in BF games but I do ok. That said I dominate as either bomber or fighter. Fighter is super strong vs everything, has insane mobility and a quick repair skill. A top pilot in a fighter will win the match single handedly, much like a BF4 light heli team.