Battlefield 2042

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That shit doesnt bother me son.

Ive been sad enough about my Niners for both of our lifetimes.

It aint nothing to a giant.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I did then typed that response to try n feel good.

It didn't work.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Anyone notice in the gameplay trailer when the tanks deploy that the music suddenly shifts to a very Command & Conquer style soundtrack briefly before reverting back?

How awesome would a Battlefield: Command & Conquer crossover game be?

I know they tried to make a sequel to C&C Renegade at one point, but I'm talking like a 64v64 multiplayer-only game, with maybe 2 "Commanders" per side that had an RTS view (like in that really old game Savage) that could build units and buildings.

Fadaar

That guy
Anyone notice in the gameplay trailer when the tanks deploy that the music suddenly shifts to a very Command & Conquer style soundtrack briefly before reverting back?

How awesome would a Battlefield: Command & Conquer crossover game be?

I know they tried to make a sequel to C&C Renegade at one point, but I'm talking like a 64v64 multiplayer-only game, with maybe 2 "Commanders" per side that had an RTS view (like in that really old game Savage) that could build units and buildings.

Mammoth tanks in Battlefield. Holy fuck yes.

gauze

Molten Core Raider

So the "battle royale" mode is confirmed, but it's more of an extraction type of gameplay.. Tarkov/Hunt Showdown. It's called Hazard Zone, and the focus is intense squad on squad gameplay with high risk. So I'm guessing lose-able load outs, and I don't know how the rest of it will play out.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

So the "battle royale" mode is confirmed, but it's more of an extraction type of gameplay.. Tarkov/Hunt Showdown. It's called Hazard Zone, and the focus is intense squad on squad gameplay with high risk. So I'm guessing lose-able load outs, and I don't know how the rest of it will play out.

Swapping attachments for your gun on the fly is nice. How many times I wish I had a smoke grenade vs explosive once past a certain point on a map.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I loaded up BF4 to get back into the modern era of BF. Man this game still has a pretty good size community!

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Supposedly its an insurgency of the playerbase either because of BF2042 hype and/or the fact it was free on Amazon Prime and the BF4 Premium is on sale for like 8$.

Either way, according the JackFrags.. Dice had to increase the servers, plenty of servers with queues now haha.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
BF4 was a great game. Too bad some russian spy hacked my account and I could not ever get it back. And im not about to re-farm all the unlocks again.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
title should be changed to battlefield 2042 btw

game will be online only, dont think its a huge deal since there is no single player campaign at all

Bots cannot be disabled either.

Question is do we have a second thread for the other battlefield game that will be announced on the 22nd?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The lack of press at games on has me concerned. Definitely waiting for launch reviews.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Why would you shut it down on a Sat? Especially after starting it on a Mon for non-pre orders.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Played the technical of this, supposedly it was an old ass build like 4 monts old but yeah, felt like BF, huge map and its one of the smaller one we played on from waht I gathered from others, the one with the rocket takeoff. New things of note to BF is one of the class has grappling hooks, (not all classes were in on the beta) anyone can zip line on wires and shit up and down so that was cool. Movement felt smooth and there was sliding, might have been a bit fast for my liking but it felt good. Gunplay was good but some of the sounds and feedback were not synced right. They also warned us all in technical that none of the balance was right yet. Oh they had bots we fought against the first day when they didnt have complete player vs player and they were OP as fuck, lol.

Didnt fuck around with vehicles but they were there. Also the medic gun that can shoot the syringes that rezz people were OP as fuck, hopefully they have a limit for that shit. Like 3-4 shots and youre out.

Last edited: