Battlefield 2042

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
lol so theyve brought back player characters screaming profanity. I eagerly await christian gaming servers to kick/ban you for saying fuck in chat right after your character screamed fuck.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm somewhat looking forward to this, but I really can't stand the COD style gameplay that jump jets/grappling hooks/moon boots/banana peels/whatever bring to games like this. I'll end up passing on the game for that reason alone if shit like grappling hooks end up being basically required.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If vehicles are anything like they were in BF4 and BF5 they are going to shit all over everyone, and it looks like there are about 4x as many in this game, lol.

Going to be a group of heli pilots working together just destroying entire sections of the map.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
That grappling hook will be a PITA to deal with I bet. All sorts of odd angles shooting at you you're not accustomed to.

• 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That grappling hook will be a PITA to deal with I bet. All sorts of odd angles shooting at you you're not accustomed to.
Yeah that idiocy doesnt belong in BF. Go play fortsuckmyapexballs if you want that shit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I know when I was zip lining I was able to shoot. So at least you were not stuck in a zip animation without a way to defend yourself. You can say this shit does not belong, I dont agree. Also map design was decent enough that infantry had their own places, tunnels, inside of buildings/structures that they were not that big of a threat as they were in BF5.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I disagree. Many places to fight from grassy wooded ares to huge structures to areas of waerhouses tunnels etc.... But yeah it was def unfinished. From what I heard on forums was that it was a build from like 4 months ago. But that could be just the fanboys spewing bullshit too.

faille

Molten Core Raider
What amazes me about the BF series is how often they take big steps backwards.
Zip lining was in one of the expansions for BF2, specifial forces or something? and it was pretty cool, added some extra dimension to the game. But then nothing.
BC2 was fucking amazing in how the map would end up completely devastated with pretty much everything being destructible, and they step back to just certain things and a focus on scripted destruction. I don't get why though.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Zip lines always suck when there is a short range to them. Half the time you get ready for your escape, you're too far away and now you're standing there with your dick in your hand.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The way they were used on that map was to get to places you coud not without a chopper and chute. In other words get to higher ground, sniper perches when youre stuck on the ground as a infantry.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Hopefully they bring back the good hardcore mode and rush. Its all I want and need.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So I don't think I realized the scope of this Portal project: I can essentially create/play a re-skinned 1942 with this ecosystem? Holy fuck, sign me up.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
battlefield delayed from Oct 22nd to Nov 19th

i dunno how to tag mods either, title should be prob changed to bf 2042