Battlefield 2042

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
BC2 was probably my favorite due to how many of my friends played. 1943 second due to the same reason. Having friends to fuck off with makes the series much more enjoyable.

I never got to play 2142, but I have fond memories of everything else before bf3.

After bf3 vehicles became chariots of death that were unstoppable in the right hands.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
BC2 was definitely the best in the entire series. BF3 was good at first as well, but the vehicle maps were brutal. Metro was an insanely good map.

They should just do a BC2 remastered, and then a BF2143 in a couple years, or even better, a Battlefield:Titanfall crossover.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Vietnam was best just because you could blast 'Bird Bird is the word' from your chopper and troll the entire server and make your own team and enemy team try to shoot down your helo to make the music stop

Fixed for you

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I still miss being able to hook up a tank then drop it in the middle of the ocean.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just look at this glorious shit.

1 All Day and All of the Night (Live at Rutgers University) The Kinks
2 Fortunate Son Creedence Clearwater Revival
3 Get Ready Rare Earth
4 Hush Deep Purple
5 I Fought the Law Bobby Fuller Four
6 Nowhere to Run Martha and the Vandellas
7 On the Road Again Canned Heat
8 Psychotic Reaction Count Five
9 Shakin' All Over The Guess Who
10 Somebody to Love Jefferson Airplane
11 Surfin' Bird The Trashmen
12 The Letter The Box Tops
13 War Edwin Starr
14 Wild Thing The Troggs
15 You Really Got Me The Kinks
16 White Rabbit Jefferson Airplane
17 Ride of the Valkyries Composed by Richard Wagner; Performed by Budapest Symphony Orchestra
18 White Rabbit (Remix) Jefferson Airplane

Saturday Night Live Love GIF by The Lonely Island

My clan played with a few DICE devs at the start of BFV and the voice actor that was the radio disc jockey joined them. It was beyond hysterical to have him in Roger Wilco / Ventrilo saying lines from the game and of course lines that were X-rated. Great memories of that and beaming people across the map with the broken M60.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
BC2 was definitely my favorite, especially when you put it in context of games available at the time of its release. Nearly fully destructible buildings/environments in 2010 was..

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

• 2Like

Cybsled

BC2 was massive amounts of fun I agree. That one map with the lighthouse and the coastal village? By the time that map was done, there wasn't a single house standing lol

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
BC2 was massive amounts of fun I agree. That one map with the lighthouse and the coastal village? By the time that map was done, there wasn't a single house standing lol
It's just insanity to me how far technology has come and yet actual gameplay regresses. In 2010 I could lay waste to an entire map, nade the fuck out of house and get 3+ kills, yet in 2021 the fencepost that German is behind is made of fucking vibranium.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Valparaiso

• 2Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It baffles me how they never did another 2142 game. It's always universally praised among the BF community.

I think BC2 was the best one out of all of them, but after that it becomes very hard to rank some of the others that belong at #2 like Vietnam, 1942, 1943, BF2, 2142. If I was forced to rank #2 I would say Vietnam and 2142 are a tie, then BF2 #3, and then 1942/43 at #4. They are all really close to each other.

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

My favorite sniper map was the one where you start on that elevated island/mountain and have to push down a narrow road to a town. 80% of the players would just have a sniper battle between the mountain and the shore. I’d get so many kills with the barret .50

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Nothing will ever surpass the fun I had with Carl Gustav hijinks

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Desert Combat
BF Vietnam
Bad Company 2
BF 2142
BF3

patched and reworked BF4 and BF1 decent too.

my fave probably was BC2

Honestly I found Desert Combat ridiculously overrated. They broke physics/weights in it. Felt like you were flying paper airplanes compared to 1942. No weight/drag. But maybe this was after I spent so much time flying in 1942 without mods that I learned to do roadkills in airplanes while upside down. Vietnam was alright but i'll agree with the rest of your list 100%.

Also low quality video nostalgia

• 1Moron