Battlefield 2042

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thats what I thought I was going to see as well LMAO.

HOVERCRAFT 2042.

Also, I can comfirm hitbox registration in Portal (1942) is actually working unlike the reg 128 player shitshow.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The great hovercraft wars of the 21st century.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The great hovercraft wars of the 21st century.
GrouchyBlindFulmar-size_restricted.gif

This game looks shitty.

• 2Worf

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck man, given this one about 20 levels and I’m getting shit on. Used to slay in bf3 and 2142 but the vehicles are just wrecking me here. When it works I enjoy the infantry combat but I feel like I’m hiding most the time waiting for a chance to shoot someone. Like 70% waiting, 20% running and 10% actual gunfights. Am I doing something wrong? Or is the vehicle balance just that out of whack?

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
This thread is better than the fallen gifs for Pantheon with these videos lol

• 2Solidarity

Jozu

They should make the hovercraft an operator. Like you can just pick a hovercraft as your character.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
The tank thing makes sense, I even think earlier BF's had the same thing. The 'weak' spots (which I didn't think even existed until a few days ago after fighting vehicle vs vehicle for about 30 hours now) are the tracks and underbody. The top is armored. The idea with c5 is you plant it under the tank and detonate it, albeit very hard to accomplish. The biggest indicator of 'weak spots' is any tracked vehicle. You can basically fuck up their tracks and immobilize them until repair is off CD and then have your way with them.

The game isn't Battlefield anymore, it's Warthunder or World of Tanks. You just play infantry when you acn't play a vehicle, but vehicle gameplay is THE game. Been running a fully kitted Bolte and that shit is bonkers. Fast, tanky, and can shoot helicopters out of the air AS THE DRIVER without aiming. Feels right. The 30mm grenade launcher is an unbelievably strong anti-infantry weapon. On the Aerial side, they actually might be balanced. The Gunships with repairers on board can be tanky as fuck, but you can hit the passengers out. If allowed to exist they can decimate vehicles and infantry and almost solo cap points. Attack choppers are pretty great anti-air and decent anti-vehicle, but except for the forward gunner can't do much against infantry. Little Birds are great at harassing slower aerials, but are not nearly as good at killing infantry as you'd imagine. The 20mm cannons suck big dingus, the minigun is ... a minigun, but it's hard to sit in spot and destroy them without getting zapped. I've not fucked with the Jets, but they seem to be S-tier anti-air, and C tier anti infantry/vehicle. Weirdly well balanced over all.

Some of the cool vehicle shit is gated behind stuff like 150-250 kills/assists so unless you're lucky enough to get a driver/gunner who is competent it may take a long slog to actually get up to speed where they're very competitive. Stuff like the boat/bolte are definitely worth leveling. The LAT has a nice 50mm weapon for anti-vehicle but does shit all against infantry and offers 0 protection to drivers and gunner. The boats however have ballistic glass and recover fast as fuck. The Bolte is just OP all around, but it has weak tracks as I mentioned before so you can get it stuck and pound on it fairly well.

The guns are all shit though. PP-29, any DMR, or shotguns. Those are your options. Snipers are okay, but basically just for counter-sniping. LMG's have 0 point with their bloom and recoil. AR's are useless except mid range and even then the PP-29 will beat it out most of the time.

TL;DR This ain't CoD, this is Twisted Metal. Play it like it.

Jozu

Thing is, people dont want to play Twisted Tanks. They want to play Battlefield.

Vehicles were basically always in BF, but they never soured the game like this. A vehicle was something you feared when the enemy had, but overall you were able to better effect the game while playing traditionally, whether you are spotting and assisting with capping, getting a high amount of kills, or denying the enemy an area, you were able to have fun and effect the game without using a vehicle. If anything, I remember many situations where a lot of people were running around with missile/rocket launchers and would immediately swarm an enemy tank, making driving in one a major risk. Same thing with heli's, you would get shot down in no time unless you knew what you were doing and the other team sucked or didnt try to use any anti air.

With this shit its all tanks all the time. Hovercrafts are just more retarded versions of tanks with super mobility, and usually people resort to using as many of them as they can as its hard to consistently kill them when there are so many. Even if you wanted to play as infantry you really cant as you cant have any real effect on the other 60 something enemies who are all whoring vehicles.

I got the drop on a guy, he ran behind the other side of a hill and called in a hovercraft after I shot him 4 or 5 times. Needless to say he ran me over and then died by someone else in a hovercraft.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
A lot of the capture points can only be captured by infantry. They could definitely do more to make it hard for tanks to dominate certain areas though. They're already planning on nerfing the hovercraft a lot.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They honestly just need to take the ballistic glass off the hovercraft or have the fan be disabled easily and it'd be fine. Currently they take 2 M5's or 1 M5 and 2 anti-armor grenades to kill so it's really not that. What IS bad is when they have 6 of them up at once. THAT is the problem. Maps where out of 64 people on a team there's 9 light, 4 heavy, 4 attack air and 2 transport air up all at once. 1/3 of the team is vehicles at that point. It should be more like 4/2/2/2 instead.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Seems good. The bug they listed where you couldn't hit the driver in the hovercraft was the big one. Basically you had no choice to stop it besides blowing it up, which isn't THAT hard, but less and less people run M5's once they level up and get new gear.

AR change will be interesting, but I can already see the starting AR destroying every other gun in game. In Beta I used it with an extended barrel and it counter sniped snipers because it didn't have the same bloom it does now. It was too much. And if they fix LMG bloom.. wellll that'll be very interesting as you can just sit there and mow down 2 squads without needing to reload.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Right now I have seen 0 people using an LMG so anything that helps weapon diversity would be nice.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Wtf is up with all those maps looking so pristine for lack of a better word? Its like youre fighting in a world thats never been lived in at all.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think I like playing shitty games!

Actually truth is, I thought I'd be playing New World and this would be my downtime game. I thought there's no way they could fuck Battlefield over this much. I thought I'd be happy to just get something close to BF4.

But alas, I don't play too many games these days and nothing else tickles my fancy. So I'm just making the best of a bad situation.
1637729287030.png

• 2Like