Battlefield 2042

Xevy

Log Wizard
This game has improved probably 75% from the open beta, and like 25-50% since 90 dollar launch. That said, I don't think it will hit the classic BF feel that people are looking for. It's just kind of a different game now. What's REALLY fucking weird is I looked at the custom servers for no vehicle games and there was like 1 game total and a bunch of Hardcore mode ones. I can't imagine why a no vehicle or 1/2 vehicle server wouldn't always be hopping.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This game has improved probably 75% from the open beta, and like 25-50% since 90 dollar launch. That said, I don't think it will hit the classic BF feel that people are looking for. It's just kind of a different game now. What's REALLY fucking weird is I looked at the custom servers for no vehicle games and there was like 1 game total and a bunch of Hardcore mode ones. I can't imagine why a no vehicle or 1/2 vehicle server wouldn't always be hopping.

This. When they make an infantry only mode, I will be living on those servers. I like vehicles in BF, but in their present iteration ... they suck the life from the game for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
$47 at walmart today for console but i assume this is still a dumpster fire, will wait for free

• 1Truth!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Manifest is actually a really good map. Had a few high quality small skirmishes fighting on the ships or in the cargo yard, having to find the enemy using footstep sounds.

The high-quality, positional audio has been a hallmark of the past few major Battlefield titles but this takes it to the next level.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Screenshot_20211128-163554.png

• 2Double Worf
  • 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, and it wouldn't count any EA Play players either, because they all launch through Origin or EA app, I think.

faille

Molten Core Raider
does anyone play with cross play disabled? the one time I tried there were no servers but I think I'd prefer it

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Good update. Hopefully they keep up the trend of large updates.

Edit: Yeah they fucked up your control/mouse binds. Jesus christ.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
The added a Santa skin for Boris and broke horizontal mouse aiming in one patch...

Delete the PROFSAVE files in your My Documents> Battlefield 2042> Settings folder to get your mouse back up and running.

Also solo AI bots seem to be giving credits for achievements and over level 12 mastery progression. Well it appears they hotfixed the bot thing.

Clearing smoke with the collection tab still seems to work as well...

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Battered wife syndrome up in this motherfucker.
I learned my lesson. No pre-order, no purchase. If CoD would bring back Ground War I'd be happy as a pig in shit.

• 1Worf

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I learned my lesson. No pre-order, no purchase. If CoD would bring back Ground War I'd be happy as a pig in shit.

The last 2-3 years have been quite damning for gaming. I think I bought Cyberpunk and New World day 1 and even those burned me. My rule is wait a month, if it's still going strong you got a winner. Been way more duds than wins lately.

• 3Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
The last 2-3 years have been quite damning for gaming. I think I bought Cyberpunk and New World day 1 and even those burned me. My rule is wait a month, if it's still going strong you got a winner. Been way more duds than wins lately.
I buy more indie early access games because they have a better track record than AAA studios at this point.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users