Battlefield 2042

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I think I like playing shitty games!

Actually truth is, I thought I'd be playing New World and this would be my downtime game. I thought there's no way they could fuck Battlefield over this much. I thought I'd be happy to just get something close to BF4.

But alas, I don't play too many games these days and nothing else tickles my fancy. So I'm just making the best of a bad situation.
View attachment 384131
THERE IT IS!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
wz5w0d73oh181.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1NPC
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I wish I could just Worf the entire thread!

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We live in such a clown world now where people are literally quest givers at this point. Straight NPCs who drone "the message" from on high and constantly short curcuit their own morals and sense of what feels right just to be part of the swarm.

Its sad really. We are literally 5 years away from actually playing Fallout in real life.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
We live in such a clown world now where people are literally quest givers at this point. Straight NPCs who drone "the message" from on high and constantly short curcuit their own morals and sense of what feels right just to be part of the swarm.

Its sad really. We are literally 5 years away from actually playing Fallout in real life.

Ars totally shit on it, continuing a tradition of having largely honest game reviews.
Hey Mist Mist , what's your plan for the apocalypse? Don't you work in IT? Have any post-collapse skillsets that I can highlight to my bunker buddies? I guess a post-menopausal vagina would be convenient since the bunker doesn't have any stairs.

Being immersed in your doom & gloom post-collapse sounds kinda comforting.

• 1Rustled

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I think we may have hit rock bottom in the how bad can it possibly be category;

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 7 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
like a battered wife, I've come crawling back.
The game still shits me and none of my complaints have gone away but it's still the closest to the sort of fps I want to play.
I did duck back into bf4 and bfv, but they got old fast since I'd already played them to death.
Hopefully the patch fixes the grossest part of the game, like the fleet of hovercrafts dominating every map.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hovercraft 2042 is unplayable for me.

Even if you get into a "good" game, eventually people end up resorting to mass hovercrafts because its the easiest way to win and rack up points/take and deny areas. I only play Portal, 1942 and am enjoying it a lot.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Apparently the lead designer for BF2042 came from Candy Crush. It all makes sense now. 😑

Edit, Update is Live. Should auto update from Origin.

Last edited:
  • 1Galaxy Brain

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
My friend plays on Xbox and says he doesn’t get the hate. He says it runs fine? Is that true is it That much better on console? I got a feeling he’s full of shit.
He's not wrong. My friend I was giving endless shit to from the posts here looks at me like I'm retarded.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Apparently the lead designer for BF2042 came from Candy Crush. It all makes sense now. 😑

Edit, Update is Live. Should auto update from Origin.

“ Thank you for putting some faith in me, I hope I didn’t disappoint.”

Oh trust me. You didn’t pal. Where are you going next? Because of you, I haven’t laughed this hard since Eddie Murphy was in his prime!

• 1Worf

Janx

<Silver Donator>
“ Thank you for putting some faith in me, I hope I didn’t disappoint.”

Oh trust me. You didn’t pal. Where are you going next? Because of you, I haven’t laughed this hard since Eddie Murphy was in his prime!
1637868901080.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Quick update about the changes to the AR's. They perform much better. You can actually hit your target now. Good improvement.

Now, they just need to give us the traditional legacy (as they put it) Battlefield things we've come to expect.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
I hope server browser is high up their list.
The lack of variety from the small map list seems accentuated by always playing the same couple of maps.
So sick of Kaleidoscope, it's pure aids on breakthrough. How that made it through any design stage let alone testing is mind boggling, but sadly all too believable.

They need to bring back different player count maps too.

• 1Like