Battlefield 2042

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I guess BF1 was stupid because of black germans, but the gameplay was fun.

Zampella being at the helm is a good thing IMO. After his Respawn phase and Titanfall and everything else, maybe now it gives him a chance to go back to HIS roots as well. I was very surprised when I heard they hired him to take over Battlefield franchise. They admitted they were fucked and asked for real help.

Zampella was coined because they intend to destroy what Battlefield was. As stated in the reddit copy from Heko, expect nothing more than a cartoon based hero driven Apex/COD mix match and Battlefield will officially die.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont understand the thinking behind it though.

For what? Fortnight/BR gimmick has worn off and COD is stale as its ever been. Maybe they see an opportunity lol? They had a fan base. They HAVE a fan base. People liked to play BF4. People want that shit, I remember having fucking EPIC matches during the BETA on that French subway map for fucks sake, never mind the final product.

Why not just remake Battlefield 4 with updated engine and graphics while simply adding more guns and have a gunsmith type system that the new MW has and boom, they would make a billion. I dont even mean like a remade BF4, they could use the SAME FUCKING MAPS with updated features and that shit will still be successful and better than this 2042 garbage. I could play Piccadilly all day if I had to.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I dont understand the thinking behind it though.

For what? Fortnight/BR gimmick has worn off and COD is stale as its ever been. Maybe they see an opportunity lol?

Yep :(

With that revenue comes soft staged development with low cost upkeep and minimal intervention for content with high revenue for skins and the occasional new map every 6 months and a new hero. Easy as shit to develop for and lots of revenue compared to resources required for the BF series.

Basically, they do not give a shit what customers want until they stop buying what is put out and are forced financially to redirect.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Like everything else in life, people have no one to blame but themselves. So long as people are brain dead retarded consoomers buying every cosmetic and lootbox made available, thats all we will ever get.

We had a pretty nice thing at one point. But those retards ruined it.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
HD re-releases are always just cash grabs. They do little to no bug fixing afterwards and besides the MCC they never add any new content because the boomer base gets riled up. The games just stay in stagnation with an incredibly low pop and the 10 guys who wanted it cream their khakis and everyone else goes "well, that was a waste of money for 3 days."

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
HD re-releases are always just cash grabs. They do little to no bug fixing afterwards and besides the MCC they never add any new content because the boomer base gets riled up. The games just stay in stagnation with an incredibly low pop and the 10 guys who wanted it cream their khakis and everyone else goes "well, that was a waste of money for 3 days."
I just saw a NEW Skyrim release on steam last weekend (seriously).

Think it's worth picking up?

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Zampella was coined because they intend to destroy what Battlefield was. As stated in the reddit copy from Heko, expect nothing more than a cartoon based hero driven Apex/COD mix match and Battlefield will officially die.
1638924819513.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Why cant there be different sets of gamers?

its like the developers treat gamers as a monolith, whatever sells the most, thats what we are doing. What happened to passion projects, what happened to taking risks to create something special? For fucks sake companies like Microsoft and Amazon have multiple billions of dollars so money isnt really the issue. The video game industry is awash with money. Instead of skimping consumers because they can, they should be using the inflow of capital in order TO take risks, to take chances on new IP's, to service different subsections of the fanbase.

But no, shut the fuck up and take your battle royal dogwater and micro transactions. I think its just the new wave of young people who are inherently influenced by social media and mobile and arent shrewd consumers who know what they want, they simply zerg to the next "thing". Eventually the cycle will end and the industry will have to adjust, but not until those kids grow up or consumers at large demand better and stop buying furry hats.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Why cant there be different sets of gamers?

its like the developers treat gamers as a monolith, whatever sells the most, thats what we are doing. What happened to passion projects, what happened to taking risks to create something special? For fucks sake companies like Microsoft and Amazon have multiple billions of dollars so money isnt really the issue. The video game industry is awash with money. Instead of skimping consumers because they can, they should be using the inflow of capital in order TO take risks, to take chances on new IP's, to service different subsections of the fanbase.

But no, shut the fuck up and take your battle royal dogwater and micro transactions. I think its just the new wave of young people who are inherently influenced by social media and mobile and arent shrewd consumers who know what they want, they simply zerg to the next "thing". Eventually the cycle will end and the industry will have to adjust, but not until those kids grow up or consumers at large demand better and stop buying furry hats.

Because that's how bean counters and CEOs think, they aren't real people. They don't have hobbies, they don't have common interests, all that matters to them is money and success.

Once they achieve the money and success they don't really have an end goal or some grand thing to achieve they just keep pushing the envelope figuring out how to milk every single cent out of people, they push harder and harder because they don't know what to do with the success and money they've earned. There is not a single CEO that I have ever met that could actually talk to you about something real, a lot of salesmen are like this too. It's embarrassing listening to them talk about something they know absolutely nothing about all the while thinking they do.

• 2Like

Jozu

What is frustrating about this game is when things are going well, and the game is working (as intended?) its genuinely fun and rewarding. The feeling of capping an enemy in the wig via a .45 sidearm from 25 yards away feels satisfying. Hitting a runner in stride with a tank round and or obliterating an entire squad with a well placed nade are massive dopamine hits.

But those moments are so few and far between.

• 1Like

Jozu

If you liked BF 1 so much I would at least try it. Portal is fun.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This game is fucking dead. This is current state of portal atm even with a influx of players during the weekend;

1639800254456.png

Also how fucking retarded do you have to be to put a god damn grandma in a game like this? This is something you really wanna see when you start up the game.

1639800315076.png

So how the hell do you play this besides portal? Is there no server browser for conquest/rush? I spent 10 minutes trying to join a regular game of conquest/rush before I just gave up.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf