Battlefield 2042

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just played some 2042 rush and it was fun as fuck until funny (not funny) shit started happening.

The feeling of blasting someone in the head with a 45 pistol and they die instantly is cool.

But then I jump in a M1A1 Abrams and literally shoot a guy 40-50 times with the 50 cal mounted machine gun only for him to survive and almost kill me with c4, but I ran him over before he could detonate. Some shit works and is clean while other shit is just fucked.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I think their best play at this point is to release some modding tools for BF4, BF1 and BFV and let the community take the wheel for a bit.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

I'm curious if any of the following features made it from BF1 and BFV to BF2042 that were really good.

1. No 3D spotting so you could actually flank.
2. Ability to grab ammo off of people using an ammo crate, so if they were pieces of shit that didn't drop any you could still get it.
3. Anti-Vehicle tools across all classes (This is something BFV fucked up badly, but the Flieger was an amazing addition).
4. Tank turret rotation delay/speed reduction.
5. Ammo drops off dead players.

Xevy

Log Wizard
1. Not sure what you mean, but spotting itself is limited to a SOFLAM gadget, the korean girl doing damage to enemies, and the recon drone guy. There's no spotting of enemies with Q like previous games.
2. The ammo crate goes on the ground and regens ammo every 15-30seconds and stays there a long time. They do have to throw it once though.
3. There's one anti-armor grenade class, C5 gadget, M5 rocketlauncher gadget, and that's about it for anti-vehicle. Anything without armor you can just shoot the drivers.
4. Tank turrets rotate very slowly (there is a slider somewhere) unless you go first person and then it's faster.
5. Dead players, friendly or foe, drop one mag for all your weapons.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Some of the vehicles have a spotter seat, which mimics the SOFLAM spotting functionality.

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
Everyone running sensor nades makes flanking and silencers pretty balls, you gotta flank way wide cause of the radius of the nades. So while 3d spotting and shooting at Doritos is gone it feels awful trying to flank.

Playing BC2 has been fun, calling in mortar strikes on all the camping assholes is nice. Makes me miss old features though.

Edit: Seems they are nerfing the grenades I was bitching about in the next patch so get that mastery while you can and hopefully it'll make flanking easier.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I knew I wasnt crazy when I literally shot a man 50 times with a tank gun and he didnt die. It was one of the most bewildering moments ive ever had in an FPS going back 20 plus years.

• 1Double Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This game has provided me with so much entertainment and I didnt even buy it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So, not to defend their shitty game, but MOST of those bugs seem to be in co-op. You see the AI tag after each of those kills? I haven't seen an AI in a MP game since open beta. Still a bug, but not as much in online multiplayer. I've had people take 2 tank shells to kill, but it's usually off target AE. The 50 cal machine gun is notoriously bad even if it registers though. The 7.62 is almost more reliable even though it does less damage because it has little to no bloom.

A lot of those bugs are people with shit internet connections too, but you can only see your ping when you hit tab to see the scoreboard.

I hit 70+ and unlocked all the guns and honestly haven't played in a week or so. It would've been fine for a 30 dollar or 40 dollar game, MAYBE, but by the time they balance shit the population will have moved on to the next thing. Maybe they'll learn some lessons here. Probably not, though because they still made millions.

• 1Picard

Hekotat

So, not to defend their shitty game, but MOST of those bugs seem to be in co-op. You see the AI tag after each of those kills? I haven't seen an AI in a MP game since open beta. Still a bug, but not as much in online multiplayer. I've had people take 2 tank shells to kill, but it's usually off target AE. The 50 cal machine gun is notoriously bad even if it registers though. The 7.62 is almost more reliable even though it does less damage because it has little to no bloom.

A lot of those bugs are people with shit internet connections too, but you can only see your ping when you hit tab to see the scoreboard.

I hit 70+ and unlocked all the guns and honestly haven't played in a week or so. It would've been fine for a 30 dollar or 40 dollar game, MAYBE, but by the time they balance shit the population will have moved on to the next thing. Maybe they'll learn some lessons here. Probably not, though because they still made millions.

Stop defending it, most of the shit that made it into this game is unacceptable. Any of you that bought it at all should be ashamed of yourselves.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
what about the people who keeping posting about a game they didn't buy? what should they feel?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
what about the people who keeping posting about a game they didn't buy? what should they feel?
There's people in the WoW thread still complaining about a game they haven't played in 4 years.

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's people in the [Every Video Game] thread still complaining about a game they haven't played in 4 years.
Fixed it. "EVERQUEST IS SO SHIT NOW, LOL. THATS WHY I STOPPED PLAYING IN FEBRUARY 2000 AND HAVEN'T PLAYED SINCE!"

Hekotat

Smug satisfaction.

I said I was going to be a dick about it when people bought it regardless of being warned about how bad it was.

Then you get these ultra faggots in here buying it anyone funding the next one in line.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've got 87.7 hours in the game. Yeah, there are bugs. Most of them range from "oh I can't be rezzed because I'm next to a wall" to "did my bullets hit that guy? I don't think so." There are still bugs for sure, but most of this insane shit is people with bad connections and playing on console or toasters. The game isn't great, but it's not because of these bugs. It's because of the game itself and their shitty design. I even posted a fucking essay here about the open beta and the state of the game. Then another one during early access week. It's gotten better and better since then and honestly the only bugs I notice now are hit registration which has plagued every online game outside of Counter Strike and Valorant.

The bugs are funny, but the ones that matter are very few. The reason the game is shit is because the game is shit compared to its predecessors.

Hekotat

I've got 87.7 hours in the game. Yeah, there are bugs. Most of them range from "oh I can't be rezzed because I'm next to a wall" to "did my bullets hit that guy? I don't think so." There are still bugs for sure, but most of this insane shit is people with bad connections and playing on console or toasters. The game isn't great, but it's not because of these bugs. It's because of the game itself and their shitty design. I even posted a fucking essay here about the open beta and the state of the game. Then another one during early access week. It's gotten better and better since then and honestly the only bugs I notice now are hit registration which has plagued every online game outside of Counter Strike and Valorant.

The bugs are funny, but the ones that matter are very few. The reason the game is shit is because the game is shit compared to its predecessors.

And yet you still bought it. You and the ones that bought this game are the same stupid fuckers that would buy this knowing one without the dildo and buttlplug were being sold and then defend the company for doing it. Then continue driving it to work.

1638838286567.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I filled out every survey/review I could to let them know how and why they were fucking up. That's more than a non-buyer contributed to a new season of Fortnite or whatever they'll tell themselves can do to actually help shape the game.

And the game was fun with friends. Less so without. The people getting most of these egregious bugs are on console or running their i3 8800 laptop complaining about desync with their McDonald's Wifi. But then again, maybe that's the bulk of the player base now.