Battlefield 2042

Singular7

Molten Core Raider
So now nobody will play it for free, even better.

I'll install it. BF2-4 are some of my favorite games of all time. Didn't buy 2042 and will likely uninstall it after 1 round given what I've seen on youtube.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've been playing 1-2 matches a day for the past 2 weeks. Exodus Conquest, which is just the same Conquest maps but capped at 64 players. It's vastly better than how the game was at launch.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I actually jumped back on a few days ago after like 4 months of not playing.

It is much better overall from the small amount of time I played. It seems infantry based type game modes are the best bet, as vehicle modes are still mostly a scum hole experience.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I also feel like the people who are still playing are people who actually like battlefield. There's way more spontaneous teamwork on the conquest maps I've been playing on than you saw at launch.

• 1Picard

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Battlefield is dead, Mist. Let it rest in peace.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I also feel like the people who are still playing are people who actually like battlefield. There's way more spontaneous teamwork on the conquest maps I've been playing on than you saw at launch.

WTF are you talking about, the only people still playing this game are people who have nothing else to live for.

I love battlefield and play 1, 4 and 5 all the time, almost daily actually. This game is an abomination.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, try playing it right now. It's pretty decent. Games can turn around after launch.

Some of the best games had shitty launches. This isn't one of those, but it's not bad.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll have to hop back in and play some then, need to get my moneys worth out of this, and have been looking for a military style shooter to mix things up a bit. Played it 7 hours at launch, and bailed after consist issues with my bullets being made out of tickles instead of standard issue lead.

Hekotat

Honestly, try playing it right now. It's pretty decent. Games can turn around after launch.

Some of the best games had shitty launches. This isn't one of those, but it's not bad.

That's the mentality that got us micro-transactions for standard car features.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont understand not trying the game if you already fucking bought it LMAO.

If you havent bought it, then I wouldnt recommend you do, but if you have it lying around.....lol just try it.

• 1Picard

Hekotat

I dont understand not trying the game if you already fucking bought it LMAO.

If you havent bought it, then I wouldnt recommend you do, but if you have it lying around.....lol just try it.

I did not pay for it, I know Gucci when I see it. Wakandan I'm rich!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So this is on sale for 26.99 right now on EA/Origin. Definitely worth it. Another big patch that looks good going in tomorrow.

This game really turned itself around with the last 2 major patches.

Heck, just adding 16v16 rush as a main game (not just Portal) mode was huge.

For all the people complaining there's no good game that actually uses their hardware, this will definitely use your hardware.

• 1Moron
  • 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So this is on sale for 26.99 right now on EA/Origin. Definitely worth it. Another big patch that looks good going in tomorrow.

This game really turned itself around with the last 2 major patches.

Heck, just adding 16v16 rush as a main game (not just Portal) mode was huge.

For all the people complaining there's no good game that actually uses their hardware, this will definitely use your hardware.

gtfo-leave.gif

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I hope there is a big shake up over at dice becasuse of this bf mess. They took a massive IP and squandered it over 3 games. BF1...Meh who the fuck thought it was a good idea to go to wwI and horses and muskets and shit......BF5 meh...Bf2042 finally into modern again but a fucking mess.

Last edited:

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I hope there is a big shake up over at dice becasuse of this bf mess. They took a massive IP and squandered it over 3 games. BF1...Meh who the fuck thought it was a good idea to go to wwI and horses and muskets and shit......BF5 meh...Bf2042 finally into modern again but a fucking mess.
We're seeing the fruits of the shake-up right now. A lot of people are saying BF2042 is shaping up to be better as they reel back on a lot of the shit the community despises. Supposedly Season 2 has been a lot better as they revamp all of the maps, and whatever else they've done. I think they've brought back or are bringing back classes instead of special hero/agents or w/e the fuck.

Iirc, a few people have basically left DICE and Zampella(Ex-Infinity Ward, and head Respawn) has been given some big responsibilites in DICE to basically salvage 2042, and I am pretty sure BF as a whole. But idk, I haven't played.. all my friends that bought it says its better but am with the 10$ maybe i'll buy it deal.

and OG Dice Dev's release the trailer to their own FPS based around destruction and 3vx arena style fighting.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hekotat

Bf1 is still really fun, bfv on the other hand was a tough pill to swallow. 2042 is too far gone and what happens when the bean counters are put in charge.

• 2Like