Battlefield 2042

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Forgot this was on Gamepass. Loaded it up. So far I can say the game isn't bad. No issues thus far. Hell it runs smooth as fuck for me.

Add me if you want to play. I don't suck. I mostly play Rush, but whatever is whatever. I don't even have paddles yet as medic, so be patient.

View attachment 452355
Nice aspect ratio, lol.

add me, red-dot-mist on EA. I mostly play Exodus Conquest.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Nice aspect ratio, lol.

add me, red-dot-mist on EA. I mostly play Exodus Conquest.

What's wrong with my aspect ration?

I have to admit. Game is now in great shape. Having fun. Can't wait until I learn the maps!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
OK. Most fun I have had in BF since BC2. Them putting old BF maps in the rotation with new weapons and vehicles is pretty damn cool.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Map quality varies greatly. They've gone back and redesigned most of the original maps to be less shitty.

From what I can tell they are mostly huge wide open areas between caps with no cover. However, I keep seeing the same 3 maps over and over again since they kick you back to main menu after each round.

Hekotat

OK. Most fun I have had in BF since BC2. Them putting old BF maps in the rotation with new weapons and vehicles is pretty damn cool.

Man, I wish I could see what you're seeing, lol. I tried to do the Portal stuff but it seemed to only be AI games and no player games.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Man, I wish I could see what you're seeing, lol. I tried to do the Portal stuff but it seemed to only be AI games and no player games.

I've been playing the infantry only conquest. Quickest level up outside deathmatch I would assume. I have seen zero quirky things, bugs or exploits also. Game is just fun. Today I played Valparaiso. It was awesome with the updated graphics and vehicles!

Just wish you could choose maps.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you're doing Portal, stick to the "official Portal experiences" or search for specific servers.

Hekotat

If you're doing Portal, stick to the "official Portal experiences" or search for specific servers.
Tried that, still nothing but AI matches and the only matches with players was over 150 ping.

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
People are actually playing this piece of shit?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
People are actually playing this piece of shit?

YUP!

Yup.gif

• 1Picard
  • 1WTF
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you're not getting into games with other players it's because you have crossplatform disabled, I know at least 2 other people who had that happen.

Hekotat

I can't play this shit, I tried. It's so bad in so many ways.

• Super open terrain between caps, no cover.
  • TTK feels long, TTD is so fast I can't react in time to fight back.
  • The starting guns are just shit compared to the other weapons people have I've seen.
  • The hero system is just dogshit.
  • Sound stage is so quiet and no ambient sound. Tanks will roll right up on you and you don't hear them. It's eerily quiet for a "war" going on.
  • Kicked to main menu after every map highly increasing the odds you play the same map 3-4 times in a row.
  • No ping information, I have shit internet and need to know if it's lagging because of me or super high ping players.
  • No spectating options to see if someone is hacking, I guess EA thought hackers were being scrutinized too heavily. Not like they did anything anyway.
  • Starting the map off FORCES you to spawn in the base. If you don't get a vehicle you're running a long distance.
  • UI is fucking terrible, how many submenus do I need to add attachments? Also, why is it so hidden?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Weird Boner
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

• The starting guns are just shit compared to the other weapons people have I've seen.
  • Sound stage is so quiet and no ambient sound. Tanks will roll right up on you and you don't hear them. It's eerily quiet for a "war" going on.
  • Kicked to main menu after every map highly increasing the odds you play the same map 3-4 times in a row.
  • No ping information, I have shit internet and need to know if it's lagging because of me or super high ping players.
  • No spectating options to see if someone is hacking, I guess EA thought hackers were being scrutinized too heavily. Not like they did anything anyway.
  • Starting the map off FORCES you to spawn in the base. If you don't get a vehicle you're running a long distance.
  • UI is fucking terrible, how many submenus do I need to add attachments? Also, why is it so hidden?

Thank God this thread can get back to normal. You know it's fucking bad out there for game selection when people are playing this dog pile piece of fucking shit trash hand basket woven cuck garbage.

Thank you Hekotat Hekotat for being you.

• 1Like

Hekotat

Thank God this thread can get back to normal. You know it's fucking bad out there for game selection when people are playing this dog pile piece of fucking shit trash hand basket woven cuck garbage.

Thank you Hekotat Hekotat for being you.

Battlebit shits all over this so hard it's not even funny. If you think this is good you need to play the next Battlebit test, you'll be walking around with a nostalgia boner for a week.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Agree on a few...

• There are two maps that are like that with no cover. Absolute crap maps. That pure sand map comes to mind. Rest I find pretty good.
  • What is TTK and TTD?
  • Starting guns have always been meh in BF. AN94? M60? off the top of my head. Those open up and you're golden as assault and medic in your K/D. It does takes a day to get the weapon you want. Took me a day to get the Avancys LMG. The attachments? Another couple days? Sucks ass that I can't get an M60 in a day though.
  • Totally agree here. Not a fan. But I got used to it fast. Hell I just hate the whole spiderman routine all the assault are doing.
  • I think this is probably a product of the size of the teams or the new engine. I mean that Frostbite engine was crazy for sound. I can hear tanks/vehicles/footsteps fine UNTIL there are too many sounds on screen.
  • You can NOT hit escape after the match. Kicks you to man menu.
  • Yeah, this one is the worst.
  • It's BF. Of course peeps are hacking!
  • Yup. Dumbest decision ever.
  • The attachments can be changed on the fly in game correct? But in the main menu its THREE layers deep. So ya agree.

Overall nothing is game breaking or takes away from the gameplay. I have yet to see any BS that I can call out as BS. Nor have I seen any bugs or glitches. Matter fact game is running flawless for me.

The guns feel soooo good, with variety. I can absolutely tell the difference with attachments.

The issue with Battlebit is there is zero feeling of depth. You can never judge distance. You're comparing Roblox to Elden Ring here. The gunplay is nowhere near as good as BF2042. I can not get into BB at all. Just feels...hollow for lack of a better word.

In no way shape or form is BF2042 great. Feels more like MW that BF. BUT it has just enough BF elements that I am having fun. I hate that the starting point is the base. Hate the whole spiderman thing. some maps are VERY bad.

• 1Worf