Battlefield 2042

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been playing this a lot more lately, as it's feeling much better now. (Not what I hoped, but better).

IIIMcFlyIII — on Origin/EA if you need another squad mate.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Breakthrough is the only mode I can enjoy now. The conquests are too open for vehicle domination.

Speaking of, vehicles in the hands of good players are unstoppable and there isn't enough tools to deal with them. We need tow missles on the map or something.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Breakthrough is the only mode I can enjoy now. The conquests are too open for vehicle domination.

Speaking of, vehicles in the hands of good players are unstoppable and there isn't enough tools to deal with them. We need tow missles on the map or something.

The auto repair is way too fast...

Hekotat

The auto repair is way too fast...

They shouldn't be able to repair while inside the vehicle either.

Just had a great round, went 42-14 on an assault map, was really good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
My aim is too jittery but it's a fun weapon to use due to no bullet drop.

If anything, the hardest part is geting use to the lack of bullet drop and almost no travel time (there's a tiny bit at like 300m+). So habit of leading targets is what fucked me up the most.

Hekotat

Last few patches have been money, this ship is almost completely turned around.

• Discarded map rework is probably the best map in the game now. Hopefully they can bring this level of polish to the the rest of the maps.
  • Chopper nerf was a great change, still a bitch to hit them with the Lissile.

However, it still has the same issue plaguing the last few Battlefield games and that is hackers and cheaters. Except now they've made it very difficult to report them and there's still no ping on the scoreboard. I assume this is due to them mashing people together from all over the world to condense servers and this is their way of hiding it. It would explain alot of the dying behind wall deaths too.

Also, do companies just not monitor KD ratios anymore? Alot of the hackers you see will go 60-12 one round then 0-40 the next. I assume it's to balance out their KD and keep them from being caught. Just wild they don't have a way to notice these kinds of things, not that EA even takes the time to ban anyone. I'm curious if they'll eventually be sued for allowing cheaters to just run rampant through their games.

There still needs to be a weapons balance patch, a few weapons are just head and shoulders better than everything else.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I think this game is quite fun. I really hate the snow map though, it’s a drag, and there aren’t a lot of maps so sometimes it just comes up too often.

I only like playing breakthrough, and my favorite map is the one that starts off with the big domes, and then the next point is assaulting / defending the base inside the mountain. I’d play that map only if I could. Is there a way to specify that?

re cheaters: it’s not a horrible situation but it is occasionally problematic. Also there’s groups of guys who play together and ruin games. If you’ve played enough you’ve probably seen these “Godfire” fuckstains playing. I dunno if they’re cheating or not, but they’re always like 85 and 2, and if they’re in your game, it’s either ruined because they steamroll you, or it’s ruined because you’re steamrolling the other team and it takes all the fun away.

ie

This guy was apparently banned last year and then unbanned

Maybe he’s a cheater, maybe he isn’t, but I’ve been in a number of games with this dude and he and his friends are always crazy high kills with barely any deaths. Super frustrating and unfun.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think this game is quite fun. I really hate the snow map though, it’s a drag, and there aren’t a lot of maps so sometimes it just comes up too often.

I only like playing breakthrough, and my favorite map is the one that starts off with the big domes, and then the next point is assaulting / defending the base inside the mountain. I’d play that map only if I could. Is there a way to specify that?

re cheaters: it’s not a horrible situation but it is occasionally problematic. Also there’s groups of guys who play together and ruin games. If you’ve played enough you’ve probably seen these “Godfire” fuckstains playing. I dunno if they’re cheating or not, but they’re always like 85 and 2, and if they’re in your game, it’s either ruined because they steamroll you, or it’s ruined because you’re steamrolling the other team and it takes all the fun away.

ie

This guy was apparently banned last year and then unbanned

Maybe he’s a cheater, maybe he isn’t, but I’ve been in a number of games with this dude and he and his friends are always crazy high kills with barely any deaths. Super frustrating and unfun.
I linked this dudes stream up above somewhere. He streams on twitch basically every day. Now im not going to say 100% that hes not cheating, but it does not seem that way from watching him a bit. He is just that good.

And lets face it, in a 64 v 64 lobby dont forget 80%, if not more, of players are potatoes anyways. Me being one of them :D.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I mean if he’s streaming he’s probably not cheating. I just don’t see how he consistently gets like 85 and 2 games. Just learned some niche ways to play most people don’t counter I guess.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Oh and me too on the potato front.

I can’t possibly approach top ten with kills.

It’s easy to be top three if not number one by playing medic and rezzing and healing with the German chick. But it’s hardly skill, it’s pretty brainless.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Oh and me too on the potato front.

I can’t possibly approach top ten with kills.

It’s easy to be top three if not number one by playing medic and rezzing and healing with the German chick. But it’s hardly skill, it’s pretty brainless.

It's pretty easy if THATS'S all you're going to do. I really just like doing everything though.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
It's pretty easy if THATS'S all you're going to do. I really just like doing everything though.
Oh I agree. It’s actually fun just healing and rezzing sometimes though. It can win a game with you alone sometimes which is cool.

The absolute lamest way to score high is just spotting with the drone. 😜 But it can be helpful.

I think I just broke 20 kills in one for the first time recently. Grenade chick + her area grenades + the explosive launcher, and got lucky with knocking a few groups out. Not spectacular but was good for as lame as I am.

Singular7

Molten Core Raider
Wow this game is great now.

Haven't installed it since removing it in disgust shortly after release.

Now I'd say its probably the best BF since it just improves on BF3/4

Long-time BF player since 1942 on PC.

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users