Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

faille

Molten Core Raider
Isnt a commander the guys that does shit off there Ipads??

What makes them so important it sways a map that far into there favor?
I thought anyone could play as commander, just a bonus that people can play it on their ipads as well.

No idea how they perform in bf4, but in bf2, they were awesome. Being able to drop arty onto troops, along with dropping vehicles could certainly help. Biggest bonus was probably the recon drones they could launch which would make any enemy show up in an area. Definitely turned the tide in terms of flag captures / defenses.

Probably the biggest annoyance I have with the map so far is how trivial it is to bypass the 'front'. Always been a weakness of bf imo, but this seems the worst with people boating or flying deep behind the lines to cap back flags.

sebur

Bronze Squire
You sure you had a commander? It isn't unlocked in beta so unless someone figured out a way to bypass.

Menion_sl

shitlord
You sure you had a commander? It isn't unlocked in beta so unless someone figured out a way to bypass.
UAVs with EMPs, rockets dropping on my head. Ya, I am sure it was a commander when you hit TAB to bring up the scoreboard it showed the other team having a commander. You also start getting radio calls when a commander is on the scene.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Odd, I could see how that would be totally imbalanced. Wonder if it happened by accident or someone found a way in.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I tried this last night and man, it was laggy as fuck for me. Is this a beta optimization thing or is my video card lacking? It seemed to come in spikes, and as well when I was shooting shit. I have a good system, but my video card is older. i5 3570k 8gigs ram and a AMD6850.

The map seemed pretty cool though. Just the right size IMO for 64 peeps.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
it's very laggy for me as well and it always seems to happen right as an enemy is coming around a corner.

How long is this open beta going to last?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I get the stutter occasionally as well, I've been hearing that this beta build is a few months old so that may have something to do with it. There are tons of glitches in the game, helicopters staying suspended in mid air after getting destroyed, building debris that gets suspended after the tower comes down, map counters flying off the map when you first log in, etc.

Still haven't decided if this is a day one purchase or not. I'm curious what the other maps are now.

I would assume beta ends close to when it goes retail (29th).

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
Every battlefield beta has been like this. A build that shows pretty solid gameplay but not optimized at all yet. Everyone experiences hitching from the servers no matter what. It's especially noticable when the building is collapsing. Take comfort that they are experiencing the server hitching at about the same time you are.

That said there are many other pc builds that will be lagging badly due to driver/hardware issues due to the game not being optimized fully.

I'm loving the way vehicles are currently tuned. tanks feel fragile yet very dangerous if piloted correctly. It would probably be good to allow helicopter occupants a 3-4 second window to bail before their copter blows after getting hit by an rpg. 1 hit insta kill feels too easy.

The new unlock system for shotguns/carbines/DMR's is pretty awesome. Reflex site DMR was my favorite setup in BF3. Now i can run those guns on an Engineer!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I did love the new scope on the support weapon, how you could toggle from close quarters reflex site to a 3.4 acog with a press of a button. I like how it feels more arcade oriented but I still can't get used to the weapon handling characteristics, they just feel off somehow.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The problem with helis exploding instantly is there's a bug where guided RPGs aren't giving a warning tone.

That or my trolling ass just shot you out of the sky by parking my tank on a slope.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
The problem with helis exploding instantly is there's a bug where guided RPGs aren't giving a warning tone.

That or my trolling ass just shot you out of the sky by parking my tank on a slope.
That and I hope no one buys the "Old Build" bullshit. It's one of the newest builds of the game they have right now.

Mkopec your PC build should be good to play this.

I will try this on PC tonight over the 360. 360 looks like ass, but it ran a lot better lag wise.

sebur

Bronze Squire
So I can't for the life of me figure out how to use a 2nd scope. I know there are variable scopes you can toggle the distance but apparently you can have a 2nd scope on the gun that you can use in tandem.

Ya, I agree with the warning tone thing, I actually got exploded a couple of times because of it and it certainly pissed me off. Me and a bunch of my friends who played BF3 are playing and they keep wanting me to pilot the heli (which I was known to be good at in BF3), that shit happened, I was done.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Shot the pilot out of the attack heli with an airburst last night. I hope they raged.

Dashivax

N00b
32 players on that domination map is ridiculous. It's just random death all over.
The main problem is the ~2 second respawn. A full squad of smart players will almost never get wiped, by the time you get to the third or forth guy the rest are already respawning on the survivors. I fully expect the respawn timer to be increased for that game mode.

I keep hoping each installment of battlefield will bring a change where you can't spawn on squad members that are in combat, but it will probably never happen.

sebur_sl said:
So I can't for the life of me figure out how to use a 2nd scope.
Default key is T.

Hippos

Silver Knight of the Realm
There was a small patch today that, in BF4 beta fashion, is giving a lot of mixed results. For me, I wasn't able to play two games in a row all weekend without getting a BSOD/exe crash/display driver crash, but just now I played 3 games and didn't have any crashes or even really any big frame drops (though this problem wasn't so bad for me before anyway). The config also reset and it seems they kind of toned down the auto settings as well, as I was mostly Ultra settings before but now it has me playing at High.

For other people, the game is crashing significantly more and now some aren't even able to get into the game. If you're having problems getting in, try updating PunkBuster using thesetup utilityas that has helped some people.

edit- just crashed in my first game after posting this
frown.png
huehuehue

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Commander mode is back? Will buy!

Though I don't care about playing as the commander I think it is awesome to have someone lead the squad leaders and thus lead the grunts. In 2142 having a good commander made all the difference.