Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Played a bit more this morning and I think all the rooftop camping is going to kill this game, especially on point C when the building is still up. Had a full squad spawning on each other up there and with no stairs/ladder to the roof they were just dominating.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played a bit more this morning and I think all the rooftop camping is going to kill this game, especially on point C when the building is still up. Had a full squad spawning on each other up there and with no stairs/ladder to the roof they were just dominating.
That is where good heli pilots come in. When a good heli pilot is in a game the roofs are shockingly clear. Also, the very top roofs on C are the balance point for C since you cannot use the elevators that open on the main roof floor.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
That is where good heli pilots come in. When a good heli pilot is in a game the roofs are shockingly clear. Also, the very top roofs on C are the balance point for C since you cannot use the elevators that open on the main roof floor.
Until I log in with my Engineer and start taking them down with my Stinger. I did this on two separate occasions last night, just parachute onto a rooftop (usually one closest to C) and it was like target practice all round long. After two hits guys start scattering out of the heli like ants.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
So what's your guys opinions on pricing ?
This going to be one of those that stays at full retail for a while , or more likely around Black Friday time would be able to pick it up for decent amount off ?

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
Kill the game? really?

You shouldn't be pushing for C very hard. It's a noob trap. Simply 3-4 cap all the other points and completely ignore C if your initial push doesn't cap it. You WANT as many of their team spawning there since they will not be contributing anything while camping it. If they are doing a good job and you can't get 3 other points then blow C up.

And while the rooftops are good for anti vehicle teams anyone else on a rooftop isn't contributing much unless the squad deliberately has a sniper on one of the taller roofs to act as a spawn point so they can rapid deploy around the map via parachute.

Hekotat

Kill the game? really?

You shouldn't be pushing for C very hard. It's a noob trap. Simply 3-4 cap all the other points and completely ignore C if your initial push doesn't cap it. You WANT as many of their team spawning there since they will not be contributing anything while camping it. If they are doing a good job and you can't get 3 other points then blow C up.

And while the rooftops are good for anti vehicle teams anyone else on a rooftop isn't contributing much unless the squad deliberately has a sniper on one of the taller roofs to act as a spawn point so they can rapid deploy around the map via parachute.
I was going to type up a long-winded logical argument but I've decided it's not worth it, so instead I'll just give 1 reason and let you crush me with your superior debate skills and then insult you in some way.

1. Unorganized pugs

2. Origin fanboy

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Kill the game? really?

ROFL I was thinking the same thing when reading his post. 5 points to cap, and if Team A wants to hang on C, let them, lol. And like was mentioned, it takes only 1 good heli pilot and that shit is clear.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Controlling C is way better as a spawn point to parachute down to the other points than as a camp spot. I never sit up there when my team owns it, just spawn and parachute to a contested ground point. And no rooftop camping is not going to kill the game. This is 1 map out of 10 and we don't even have all the tools to deal with them yet. Once people have mortars rooftop camping won't be much of a problem.

I'd also like the point out that most of the time I see an abnormal amount of people on the other team roof camping, they lose the match, even if they are doing well individually and annoying you.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
1. Unorganized pugs

2. Origin fanboy
No.

Please use rationality when making statements. The term "game breaking" doesn't even come close to making sense in this case. I'm pretty sure we've all witnessed game breaking mechanics, and what you described doesn't fall into that category in any way.

Perhaps you should have said "man i kept trying to take point C, and got upset as I continually threw myself into the meat grinder of enemy bullets fired from superior cover."

Hekotat

I was trying to defend point C but was unsuccessful do to no way to clear out that upper area, which would fall under a balance issue, which would fall under game breaking.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I was trying to defend point C but was unsuccessful do to no way to clear out that upper area, which would fall under a balance issue, which would fall under game breaking.
This is a team game. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it's broken or game breaking. learn to fly a helicopter and C is yours until the skyscraper is taken down.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Hmm, I wonder how they are getting up there?<-------------- HINT

Hekotat

I was just saying there should be more ways to clear out that area other than flight, just a simple set of stairs.

I conceded though, you guys are right and I am wrong.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Like someone mentioned earlier , me and my friends motto is "if we can't have C then nobody can!". That only goes for if we are losing though. If we have all 4 of the other points capped they can sit at C all day. To be honest, stairs would probably be worse than the elevators. Just need to get the rest of the weapon unlocks and everything will be fine.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was just saying there should be more ways to clear out that area other than flight, just a simple set of stairs.

I conceded though, you guys are right and I am wrong.
How about using the two elevators that go to the top roof? I hear that is more convenient than stairs.

Hekotat

I'm talking about the roof, not the top floor. The elevator drops you off on the top floor, I'm talking about the 2 small roofs above the elevators on each side, if you get people up there you will absolutely destroy anyone on top floor.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm talking about the roof, not the top floor. The elevator drops you off on the top floor, I'm talking about the 2 small roofs above the elevators on each side, if you get people up there you will absolutely destroy anyone on top floor.
Maybe you should learn the map before bitching about it. There are six total elevators in the tower.