Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

jeydax

Death and Taxes
It won't make a difference, definitely go with the higher resolution of the Q2710

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nope I downloaded that two days ago, did nothing for me. Sound loop crash almost every match still.
Ugh damn. I think just for shits and giggles I'm going to do a clean install of Windows and clear out my SSD. I usually do it every December so I guess it won't hurt if I do it early.
biggrin.png

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
900 RPM is epic + Burst on the AEK, been loving it. (What little time I have with it)

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I did a fresh install of windows and installed this game. No crashes for 3 straight matches. Gonna go balls out tomorrow and see what happens.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Finally played enough to get 10 and unlock commander. Played 2 games with it and boy does it seem like it is a problem. I cannot wait until I can actually play with my friends and give them amazing support.

Elerion

N00b
I'm having a blast *shrug*

Morsakin, on carbines. You stated the ACW or the SG553 are the best. Looking at symthic, it seems as though the AK-5C has tremendously lower spread as well as significantly higher muzzle velocity. The downside of course being the low RPM. Playing on HC servers, I never feel like the TTK on the AK-5C is too low, but I really appreciate its tight spread and sniping abilities, so I'm thinking I might just stick with it. Thoughts?

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I had a chance to play around this morning and I'm sad to report that I am still getting all the various types of crashes. Even after a clean install of Windows and the game; getting directX crash, sound loop, and the sudden CTD. I had a beautiful streak last night where I went 5+ matches but alas, it was not to be.

This is horrendous.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm having a blast *shrug*

Morsakin, on carbines. You stated the ACW or the SG553 are the best. Looking at symthic, it seems as though the AK-5C has tremendously lower spread as well as significantly higher muzzle velocity. The downside of course being the low RPM. Playing on HC servers, I never feel like the TTK on the AK-5C is too low, but I really appreciate its tight spread and sniping abilities, so I'm thinking I might just stick with it. Thoughts?
Even for normal, I don't see why you would use either of those over the ak-5c... Morsakin, is the rate of fire really that important on these? Every other stat looks worse.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They just patched in queue. Oh wow are there a lot of queues now.

And I think it is broken. It isn't actually having me join the server despite the number of queues being lower than my queue number. Stop trying to fix stuff DICE, just rerelease the Beta version.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Sigh, 4 games today, over 2 hours of playing. 0 progress because they were all server crashes.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
Reading this thread is making me nervous.. are most of these issues all pc related or do you suppose it will have a smooth launch with the ps4 version?

Nutron_sl

shitlord
So question that probably got asked like 3 million times...Is this worth buying if I enjoyed BF3 initialy but lost interest overall and thought BF:BC2 was a better game ;`x I keep looking at info for this and aside from the huge marketing buzz words I cant really see much diff with BF3?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm having fun. Outside the occasional crash(mostly BF has stopped working or server DCs), I only have sound issues and its only one 1 map. The crashes/DCs I get about once every 2-3 hours. I do notice that it seems server dependent. I have Favorited a couple servers where I was able to play for like 5 hours straight without a problem. The map with the sound issue is that huge open one, with the moving train objective in the middle.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I apparently can only hit people with my sniper rifle if I have a crazy lead of 6+ feet on them while they're running. I can't fucking hit prone guys at 600m.

Elerion

N00b
So question that probably got asked like 3 million times...Is this worth buying if I enjoyed BF3 initialy but lost interest overall and thought BF:BC2 was a better game ;`x I keep looking at info for this and aside from the huge marketing buzz words I cant really see much diff with BF3?
It's BF3, with three main differences:

- Better maps
- Cool terrain destruction
- More crashes

Xalara

Golden Squire
Yeah it really is what BF3 was trying to be. Unfortunately it being BF4 means I have to unlock everything again -.-

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
If you liked BC2 more then BF3, then you'll like this. It has all the destructibility that made BC2 so much fun.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is a great game. I am having a blast and that is with crashing every 2nd or 3rd game. Once the game is patched and stabilized it might make a run at best in the series imo. I only have it behind Bad Co 2 right now. Of course we will see what the game is like once most players have everything unlocked.