Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
What's the risk? I've never heard of this before, but curious if this will help me until I can get a new CPU(currently have the old i7 920).
Risk is to the life of the CPU. Windows parks cores that are not in use by software, sort of like a power management tool which increases the life of your CPU. Shit coded software (Like this game for example) is so horribly optimized that these calls aren't happening as they should, so if you unpark the CPU there is a chance it will utilize another core(s).

Basically: Sporadic results, decreased CPU life.

All in all if you upgrade your computer once every 4 years there is nothing to worry about if you do this. If you keep your CPU forever, or it's a very high end CPU, think twice.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Some of the rooftops on some of the maps are ridiculous in some game modes. The first team that lands a squad up there via helis can absolutely dominate the map.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
If any squad is camped on a roof top it's because either your commander sucks ass or your team doesnt know about mortars.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A good scout chopper pilot can wipe out rooftops easily, not to mention mortars and other ways to attack up there.

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
I am really tempted to get a BF4 server going. I just can't seem to decide on the Type/size/maps etc. I am thinking HC TDM/Rush with high ticket count, 48-64 Players.
From my personal experience, 64 player Rush doesn't really work with a lot of the maps regardless of the ticket amounts. Whenever you get to a stage of the map where the MCOM's are behind a couple of choke points it just turns into a meatgrinder stalemate. I'm guessing most of the maps were balanced for 32 players because of consoles.

spronk

FPS noob
I played COD:Ghosts at a friends house tonight for an hour (PC mostly he has 360 version too), goddamn there are a lot of bugs and problems with BF4 but fuck me if COD doesn't feel like some kiddie super nintendo shit. I'll give DICE a lot of shit for rushing BF4 and putting out a pretty buggy game, but I can't even fathom how Ghosts was released.

Incredibly shitty graphics, absolutely no depth or complexity, and the PC port just felt really off with weirdly bad textures (literally 1990s quality), boring ass maps, and boring MP. The only good thing I can really say about the game is the goddamn Dog, he is fucking awesome and every single player FPS campaign should include a dog from now on. Dogvision rocks.

also I am greatly offended that the COD story is that fucking Mexicans take over America, what the shit...

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think some of these BF4 maps could have used some polish, but the COD maps look like shit.

Locker is really just a fucking shitty version of metro in every possible way. It's also the ugliest looking map ever.

I would love to see some BC2 maps come back, like Atacama Desert and Valparaiso. Those were some good rush maps.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anway to drop the ironsights from m4? I got the red dot, but it keeps the iron sights and for some reason I cannot stand iron sights.

Elerion

N00b
Crazy amount of people being ban for hacks on the server tonight.
Punkbuster updated, which broke it for a lot of people, me included. I had to jump through some hoops to get it working again. I was being kicked by Punkbuster for "communication failures" before I did that.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Punkbuster updated, which broke it for a lot of people, me included. I had to jump through some hoops to get it working again. I was being kicked by Punkbuster for "communication failures" before I did that.
Same. Had to run pbsvc.exe in the Battlefield 4 folder to rerun and fix my punkbuster.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
That video was great!

This game is such a pain in the ass with the crashes though - I just had an operation locker that was 1000 tickets ... I had approximately 100 revives and who knows how many medkit ribbons - crashed with < 20 tickets to go ...