Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Myst

Peasant
Is anyone else having trouble getting servers to list? I have a hard time believing that there is only a total of 6 TDM servers (all options checked off). And I have the same issue with Rush servers. This has been going on for the past week.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Did you set your region? The only game mode I see nearly empty is squad dm, which is funny because that's all my xbros friends play.

Xalara

Golden Squire
You turn to the side/wings to repair. Alternatively just flail about firing the repair tool until you see sparks.

spronk

FPS noob
Is commander mode fun for anyone, I find it the most boring shit in the world... squad A, go here. squad B, go here. UAV scan. I rarely can get a cruise missile to do shit, either the other cmdr EMPs the target zone or nobody is there. I guess maybe on a tablet or phone it would be a way to pass time in a meeting...

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Is commander mode fun for anyone, I find it the most boring shit in the world... squad A, go here. squad B, go here. UAV scan. I rarely can get a cruise missile to do shit, either the other cmdr EMPs the target zone or nobody is there. I guess maybe on a tablet or phone it would be a way to pass time in a meeting...
It sucks now. In 2142 it was fuckin awesome to be in a mech and just run the battle and blow shit up.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I've never even noticed if a command came from squad leader, commander, or myself from spamming "spot" and being squad lead. Which has to be annoying for my poor confused squad. Attack here! No Defend this! No Attack here!

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
If the team you're playing for listens to your directions, I find it can be a blast, especially if you're able to take an otherwise rag-tag team that has been getting its shit pushed in and turn the tide. Otherwise yes, given the current state of the system (e.g. competent commanders negating cruise missiles indefinitely) it can be dull at times. Pop that 200% though and the fun will come from knowing every tiny little 25 is worth nearly as much as a kill.

My friends and I have been trying to implement the idea of "commander truces" between sides, so both commanders don't bore each other to death by endlessly EMP'ing every cruise missile launch, especially on obliteration. 45+ minute long matches can strain the body and soul otherwise.

Edit: Lol @ cruise missile rape on obliteration when enemies are zerging a bomb or plant spot.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Commander is frustrating for me. It's cool but would I need to be with a clan that actually requests/follows orders.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
I've never even noticed if a command came from squad leader, commander, or myself from spamming "spot" and being squad lead. Which has to be annoying for my poor confused squad. Attack here! No Defend this! No Attack here!
There's got to be a remap for squad commands. Gotta be. Imma check!

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Nope. Spot key is the same as the command wheel. So if you happen to "spot" the checkpoint, "ATTACK THIS OBJECTIVE!"

Funny enough, my spot key is the same key I use to target nearest in MMOs.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Nope. Spot key is the same as the command wheel. So if you happen to "spot" the checkpoint, "ATTACK THIS OBJECTIVE!"

Funny enough, my spot key is the same key I use to target nearest in MMOs.
It's a bitch of a reflex to get away from too; I remember catching myself trying to spot dragons in Skyrim. First world Battlefield problems.

spronk

FPS noob
dat moment when you know you are about to die, and is your last act going to be to try and spot the guy who killed you and hope a teammate retaliates, or shoot a bullet and maybe get some damage in...

I always spot, but can feel the spirits of 80s action stars scream in rage at me as I die. thats not what rambo would have done
frown.png

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Get ambushed as recon, run around a corner and drop C4 on the ground and wait...