Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Thanks for the info guys. Nah no bf3 for me, I'm just a BF noob (also playing on console, my pc is too weak for BF4).

faille

Molten Core Raider
Finally unlocked all the weapons. Handguns were particular painful to get through.
Just need to get through atk choppers and jets now. Choppers shouldn't be too bad, but I suck at jets so bad 8(

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Finally unlocked all the weapons. Handguns were particular painful to get through.
Just need to get through atk choppers and jets now. Choppers shouldn't be too bad, but I suck at jets so bad 8(
Between the close/medium range weapons (assault rifles, carbines, shotties) which is your favorite?

spronk

FPS noob
did they fix the server crash bug yet, servers were crashing about 50% of the games I was in yesterday so I just gave up and played saints row 4

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I crashed a bit yesterday; maybe 15% of games. Today I've been playing for 2 hours and haven't crashed once. /shrug.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I just joined a pistols only server last night to unlock them all. Took about 3 hours. Now I just need to finish up unlocking the attachments I want for the compact .45. The 93r is a rape machine though. I can't figure out why you'd take the G18 over it since it's way more controllable.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Between the close/medium range weapons (assault rifles, carbines, shotties) which is your favorite?
The problem with switching around so much is that it's hard to remember favorites. Having to unlock things also makes it hard to compare different weapons since it takes a while to get to the point where they perform with the same stats. I think specific weapons tend to play a bigger role than class. The M416 and Aek-971 were great assaults. UMP-45 was an awesome PDW, probably only decent one. Carbines were quite good in general, think I used the Ace-52 and G36c a lot. Shotties I'm generally not great with but they seem really powerful, especially the pump action ones, but you need to land those shots. Had a lot of success with the 870 MCS.

I was really looking forward to the compact .45, and it's still a decent weapon, but in game it seems to only have 11 in the clip rather than the 15 that the tooltip says, which really kills it for me. Though probably still makes it fine, just sucked when I was only using handguns, compared to using one to finish someone off.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
I use kb and mouse and pilot helos mostly. I set the sensitivity very high so that my left and right pitch works. I set the space bar and Q for my up and down pitch which really works well for me.

Problem is in other vehicles the sensitivity is way too high especially in a tank's turret or even as a helo passenger. Any advice?

Fadaar

That guy
I use kb and mouse and pilot helos mostly. I set the sensitivity very high so that my left and right pitch works. I set the space bar and Q for my up and down pitch which really works well for me.

Problem is in other vehicles the sensitivity is way too high especially in a tank's turret or even as a helo passenger. Any advice?
Buy a mouse that you can adjust sensitivity on the fly ie Logitech G500. Works awesome for what you just described. Can have up to 5 sensitivity settings saved on the mouse and with the click of a button can go from normal sensitivity to maxed out instantly.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
I was having about 1/3 games crash before the "fix." After a couple 3hr sessions, it seems only marginally improved. I had a couple times when the sound would freeze for a second, (would crash game pre-patch) and it continued to work post-patch.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Two things now:
1. Still sound loop crashing
2. My screen randomly does the RGB distort while I am playing, not just at end of round or menus.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Two things now:
1. Still sound loop crashing
2. My screen randomly does the RGB distort while I am playing, not just at end of round or menus.
How about when the enemy commander uses the counter emp thing they added in the recent patch?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pro tip to some people sucking:

Unless you're max hardcore awesome rig, just set your graphics to low and adjust the primary ones for distance. I went from probably 20-30 fps on High and a 0.75 KD to a solid 60-100 fps and I'm regularly 2.0+ KD. It's literally an entirely new game. I'm not pissed that dudes seemingly beat me in shoot outs that I get the draw on them in.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
im experiencing that quite often as well. Noticed it when the EMP hits, but sometimes it is every 5-6 seconds for a few minutes. crashing a shitload tonight.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Multiple people on the server I was on were complaining about the RGB blur thing. Both teams had commanders but damn it was happening a ton. If that is emp related, that is a stupid change/addition.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Unlocked the L96A1 tonight. Every other sniper rifle comes with a scope. This one is just iron sights. >_<