Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Not carrying the ribbons over is crazy. That'd be 18 sniper kills in a single game, plus the other stuff. Im nowhere near good enough for that
frown.png

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
Not carrying the ribbons over is crazy. That'd be 18 sniper kills in a single game, plus the other stuff. Im nowhere near good enough for that
frown.png
do a conquest Rogue transmission with 64 players and very high tickets then its actualy quite easy, I recommend using the SRR-61 with rangefinder, straight bolt 20x scope its awesome for countersniping all those idiots on towers and hills

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love that map. I just sit on the hills and welcome all comers. I'm not a pussy hiding across the map. Bring it on bitches!

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I use a heavy barrel. I dunno, I actually like it quite a bit since I do 95% of my aiming down barrel. The grip I have is for full auto, but when the hell do I full auto, its always burst.

I ran silencer for a while, but god I hated how many extra bullets it took to take someone down and UAVs/Spotting still show you on the map.
Silencers don't effect bullet damage. It reduces bullet velocity down to around ~300 m/s (varies depending on weapon's base velocity), hence increasing drop over range, and increases hip spread by 20%.

If you're going to use HBar, make sure to place it on weapons that need the spread reduction; generally speaking, most AR's and the decent Carbines and non-belt fed LMGs (U100, etc.) don't require one.

Edit: Quick attachment stats can be found here:http://symthic.com/bf4-attachments?p=list

The benefits of placing one on a weapon have been substantially nerfed relative to BF3; it only affects standing ADS spread, increases muzzle climb by 50% (as opposed to the 10% in BF3), and doesn't affect the damage drop off (e.g. bullets to kill at certain ranges). The benefit is a 50% reduction in starting spread (as opposed to 75% in BF3). E.g. an all-around nerf.

If you're dead-set on creating a burst fire set-up, try an angled grip to reduce the first shot recoil multiplier to create tighter groupings between your initial shots.

I'm still sticking to ergo/vertical grip and a muzzle brake or compensator depending on the characteristics of the weapon, but I've been having a blast with the AEK + angled (to counter the 3.0 FSM) and eventually compensator to counter the wide horizontal recoil pattern of the weapon (MB until then) on the rare rounds I play Operation Fuckfest.

Oh, and for the love of baby jesus, if you're a squad leader and see a commander mark an objective; even if you're not going to it, just mouse over the damn thing and hit Q; you'll get extra points and help fuel your commander's abilities. That and the leadership ribbons this acquires are about as rare as a Mistwalker.

faille

Molten Core Raider
The leadership ribbon is so stupid. I've got 22 Commander stars, and 1 ribbon so far.

As for why the new unlocks might not be carrying over, it's probably because it was a bug that they were released early since they are part of the next DLC. Hence the new MAV thing requires an air superiority ribbon which you can't get yet.

Flash hider seems to be pretty ghey compared to silencer. Seems to do nothing about making you appear on the minimap, but not completely sure about that.
Potato Grip seems to be the best grip option?

Morsakin

The leadership ribbon is so stupid. I've got 22 Commander stars, and 1 ribbon so far.

Potato Grip seems to be the best grip option?
Yes, it is. I have to make it a point to get the retarded squad leaders to press Q on the objectives I set for them.

I find myself strafing around corners too much, hence why I'm primarily using the ergo/vertical grips, which is what most of my friends are using as well.

I haven't yet had any problems with the new hidden unlocks carrying over. The L85 is quite tits; they upped the RoF to 800 (wtf?) and it's a fucking laser beam.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I saw a bunch of rank 101's and 102's tonight. What's the deal? Did they change that? Is it infinite?!!

Morsakin

I saw a bunch of rank 101's and 102's tonight. What's the deal? Did they change that? Is it infinite?!!
Not sure; have a friend who's 116 or thereabouts, but as far as I've heard no one's sure if it's just another bug from the recent patch, or if it's intentional. Either way, the purple text is a bit of an eyesore on the scoreboard. Maybe there is a 100 colonel system after all? Who knows.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
do a conquest Rogue transmission with 64 players and very high tickets then its actualy quite easy, I recommend using the SRR-61 with rangefinder, straight bolt 20x scope its awesome for countersniping all those idiots on towers and hills
I managed to pull it off this morning on a No Time Limit Zavod obliteration game. When a game lasts almost an hour and a half, even I can get 18 sniper rifle kills
tongue.png

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
In my last 25 games I have 3 wins. Even Soviet_Rocketstar couldn't turn things around.

rrr_img_49726.jpg

Come on, man.

Fadaar

That guy
I managed to pull it off this morning on a No Time Limit Zavod obliteration game. When a game lasts almost an hour and a half, even I can get 18 sniper rifle kills
tongue.png
Play a HC game on Zavod and run ACOG (or whatever mid range scope you prefer) and a suppressor while bushwhackin'. Can get entire squads sometimes before they even realize what's going on.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
frown.png
I found a work around, ribbons do carry over if you don't hit three. So get two ribbons then switch to the round objectives, complete those then get your last ribbon.

Dr Ent_sl

shitlord
What servers is everyone playing on mostly? I've been on the Reddit Conquest servers mostly, but I would really like to play with people that actually work together.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just pick between 4-5 conquest servers I have in favorites and go go random pug squad :p

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
getting those hidden unlocks on console is gonna be a bitch if the ribbons dont carry over, cant pick a longer game time and all that shit.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
fried my video card man, decided to build a new rig on cyber monday just for bf4, never played a BF before and even on console its pretty awesome.