Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anybody know if I pick this up on Origin on black Friday/cyber Monday weekend will it include the China DLC maps (whenever they unlock) or would I have to buy that in a separate expansion?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Is multiplayer super boring to anyone else? Also I'm going to assume there's tons of wall-hacks or something out there. I've had too many people just jump-180 around a random corner, just *knowing* precisely where I am.

I just can't get into this one. I admit I'm probably not giving it a fair shake but /yawn

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Is multiplayer super boring to anyone else? Also I'm going to assume there's tons of wall-hacks or something out there. I've had too many people just jump-180 around a random corner, just *knowing* precisely where I am.

I just can't get into this one. I admit I'm probably not giving it a fair shake but /yawn
you know ive always had this same attitude ever since my cousin showed me a wallhack/aimbot for counter strike and basically every other fps he played he had a hack for, now granted during cs days there was tons of free hacks, now you gotta sub to some sites and then you get all their shit and its usually pretty well hidden. I have no idea how good EA/Dice anti hack is.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
I like parcel pretty good for sniping. The goggles help immensely during the storm. You have to stick and move but I usually get 15 - 20 kills as recon on that map.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm

Silencers on EVERYTHING will cut out 60-70% of your bullshit know where you are deaths. I was having huge problems, and now I'm back to my normal kdr. There's just so much more shit popping you up on the mini map in this version I think, also most of the engagements do not take place over long distances due to good cover on many maps.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's this thing called a motion sensor that Recon's get. Pretty good wall hack.

spronk

FPS noob
i am pretty bad at FPSs but I find the game still pretty fun. It really, really helps to play with a friend or two, a small team can be a huge advantage over a random group. Also sometimes I am just having a bad game, either the team is way imbalanced or the skill level of everyone else is way above yours, I just quit that server and go to a different one and magically the game is way better. Don't stick to a single server, jump around a lot until you find a setting that clicks with you and then favorite that server in your battlelog. I really, really hate rush and TDM modes too (I know some people love em) and love conquest. I haven't really noticed any hacker issues, I see waves of bans going out and afaik Punkbuster/dice/etc have always been really on top of hacking in battlefield.

I will say the crashes and the stupid rainbow bug is annoying now, I will go 2-3 games getting into the zone and then the game or server crashes and I just quit for the day, and then don't play for a day or two. So yeah, not as into the game as I was 2 weeks ago, but I guess the first DLC maps are out in 2 weeks or so.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

UAV, motion sensors, spotting,firing non silenced gun etc . If someone watches the minimap like they should and you do one of the things to show up on minimap, well why you see people flip around. If you don't want to deal with that, play on hardcore(no spotting, no minimap etc)

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I get tons of kills watching red arrows on my minimap so that's probably how it seems like people know exactly where you are around corners, because they do.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Minimap does sound like bullshit.
I'd say the kill cam in normal mode is worse than the mini map.

Also I fucking hate the starting engi rocket. Shit like that and the being able to re-zero your crosshairs with scopes in sniper rifles seriously lowered the skill lvl for this game.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'd say the kill cam in normal mode is worse than the mini map.

Also I fucking hate the starting engi rocket. Shit like that and the being able to re-zero your crosshairs with scopes in sniper rifles seriously lowered the skill lvl for this game.
Indeed, fuck the LAW. It's like a shoulder-mounted "hold my hand" weapon.

I have yet to use the zeroing mechanism for my scopes. The bullet drop on the SRR doesn't require it whatsoever.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Some Second Assault DLC map videos. Looks sweet. I couldn't tell a lot how much of an improvement BF4 engine is over 3 graphically before, but after seeing Metro, it is quite a bit better looking. Also burning grass should be cool.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Indeed, fuck the LAW. It's like a shoulder-mounted "hold my hand" weapon.

I have yet to use the zeroing mechanism for my scopes. The bullet drop on the SRR doesn't require it whatsoever.
ive never played a battlefield someone wanna explain re-zeroing your crosshairs and how i might do it? i messed with the snipers a bit but not too much i noticed one i picked up had a range finder or something that helped with bullet drop, but how do you even see how far someone is to use that feature? sorry total BF4 sniping noob here, noob all together really.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
most sniper rifles have the ability to "dope" your scope. Meaning you change the distance at which the center of the crosshairs will hit. If you set it to 500m, the bullet will fire so that at 500m it will hit where the center of your crosshairs are. I havent messed with it too much in bf4 yet.

Edit - I should say scopes have this ability. Rifles are just rifles.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whats so crazy about the engineer rocket? Havn't played Eng much. Isn't it just dumbfire + if something is lased can lockon?

On snipers, I havnt messed with the zero much. With starting CSLR the bullet drop to me is too intuitive and find myself doing crazy snap and pot shots like in sniper videos of lore. (Few pixes on a hill far away moving, pop headshot behind hill. Idiot on a builting, no problem.) Now when I say far I'm guessing no more than 600m. I was doing standard 6x and side irons and rolling like an assault sniper ninja. (Pop off far targets as they present otherwise dropping C4 and devices, capping, while 1 shot popping people in the chest or quick swap pistol as need be. I've actually swapped to the 3.4x + side irons. Sure not great for 800+km targets, but then again snipers shooting those usually arnt' accomplishing much else.

Now I did just get the 40x scope..... oh man seems useless. Even on like resort, aiming from starting base to enemy base it seems too high and I'm shooting at their bellybuttons. And without the field of view much harder to guess the drop on your own, which would make rangefinder and zeroing neccessary and to me less accurate than doing it yourself. The human mind makes for a pretty decent ballistics computer.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
most sniper rifles have the ability to "dope" your scope. Meaning you change the distance at which the center of the crosshairs will hit. If you set it to 500m, the bullet will fire so that at 500m it will hit where the center of your crosshairs are. I havent messed with it too much in bf4 yet.

Edit - I should say scopes have this ability. Rifles are just rifles.
i havent played recon is there someway to see how far a target is? so you can adjust on the fly?