Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Vehicles are way to close to being out of bounds for the enemy, I keep seeing squads dropping into all our vehicles from a blackhawk and ass ramming us from both sides. That shit is unacceptable.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Yeah that is bad us one of the reasons why jets don't need to take off anymore.

Also is anyone else sick of the fact that people can park AA and missile trucks in the spawn and be able to still control major portions of the map with them? The most annoying being the AA on Lancang Dam.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah that is bad us one of the reasons why jets don't need to take off anymore.

Also is anyone else sick of the fact that people can park AA and missile trucks in the spawn and be able to still control major portions of the map with them? The most annoying being the AA on Lancang Dam.
I don't give a damn about them sitting in spawn as long as they do something about Active Radar...that has to be the stupidest implementation they've put into vehicle warfare in this game by a wide gap.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I don't give a damn about them sitting in spawn as long as they do something about Active Radar...that has to be the stupidest implementation they've put into vehicle warfare in this game by a wide gap.
Just looked it up and that explains why I keep hearing a last second missile tone before being hit when flying. I agree there is like no time to hit the flares.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
So someone tried to revive me and I'm stuck at the 'press space or respawn' screen. Anyway to get out of that without leaving the server?

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Had that bug happen to me once. Only options were closw bf or wait for the round to end.

Active radar feels like cheating.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd say that too about active radar, but fuck those scout chopper bitches and never ending repair.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Active radar feels like cheating.
I'd be worried about anyone's reasoning capabilities if they felt any differently. I literally saw an AA just dumbfire an active radar rocket up in the air, which then proceeded to maneuver it's way around a corner and into the little bird nearby. Who in their right mind designed it, thought to themselves "Yeah, this will make a good addition, definitely balanced" and then implemented it into the game? Even the lowest of the low-skilled individuals can see that it's the epitome of hand-holding. I'm glad certain server admins are kicking / abusing players they find using it.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's odd, because I've fired it and had missiles go right by aircraft, if they are not in that center targeting circle and no it wasn't countermeasures.

I'd be upset about AR, but I find it to be the only decent way to get rid of aircraft owning a map. Plus they are very easy to destroy by bomber jets or ground troops.

Though I do agree about camping in spawns(not so much with missile truck though, cause its range sucks if used like that). Also maybe make the stealth jets immune to AR missiles.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Some people are exaggerating (slightly) do need to be semi intelligent with the leading and occasionally it does seem to not pick up for no reason.

Also by themselves won't kill anything, they do less than some other missiles and if you just fire 2 and that's it the enemy craft will limp away 70% of the time (100% if it's a repairing little bird)

However the seeming 100% movement impairment with just one paired with really rapid reload does mean that you just follow up with some heavy 30mm cannons and finish with another salvo of missiles if needed.

I'd drop the damage from 25 down to 15 or 20 or make it a much more lengthy reload like heatseekers for aircraft. Then make the manuever disable only if you are actually doing critical (Ie below 50% so hose it down with cannon then missile and back to cannon.)

One thing I thought while driving the other day would be a hella cool option for some jets or even if not possible IRL for the attack helicopter would be those radar hunting missiles from like Vietnam? The ones that the fighters would purposely fly over SAM's and when they got hit by the Kong radar stations it would auto launch a missile at the radar station.

Would be cool to have that as either an auto system or activated. Big trade off since you lose your defences but make it a fast and fairly heavy damaging missile. (Vs ground only, say like 60 dmg vs the AA vehicle and an infantry kill.) Only works while there is locking on + lock on. (This is why activated would be nice so you choose when to use it so it's not blown on just sniper Lasers.)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Just got in a chopper and got blown up immediately by missile with no warning until it hit me, that shit is annoying as hell.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
anyone else have problems downloading bf from origin, just got my computer all set back up, been downloading now for over 32 hours.. 4 steam games downloaded and installed in like 8 hours.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Picking this up tomorrow for ps4. Trying to figure my base cost. PSN network needs to be activated I assume and is there an online pass too or does that come with the game. I assume Premium is a PSN bought upgrade?

Thanks!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Picking this up tomorrow for ps4. Trying to figure my base cost. PSN network needs to be activated I assume and is there an online pass too or does that come with the game. I assume Premium is a PSN bought upgrade?

Thanks!
You need PSN to play online with any game on PS4. There's a 30-day free trial included with PS4s, otherwise it is $50 for a year. You can buy Premium over PSN or through Amazon IIRC for $49.99 if you so choose, but you don't really need it yet I don't think. Also the system comes with free $10 PSN cash, so you could use that to buy BF4 digitally if you wanted to.. or if you can find it cheap for PS3 somewhere you can upgrade your copy to a PS4 copy for $10.

Looking at:

$400 system
$50 PSN 1-year
$30-60 BF4 (YMMV)
$49.99 Premium (If you want it)

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Awesome, I'm glad they did with the individual online pass. If I just buy the premium through the PSN will that cancel out the need for buying the base game or is it considered an addon? I'll probably go that way if so. It also looks like commander for this system is still only on IOS? *shakes fist*

Thanks!

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If you were one shot in a helicopter then you were hit by a tank shell and either someone is really awesome or really lucky or you need to sit still less.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea I figured it out. The premium is an addon. Guess they wised up from the bf3 launch of that version.