Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So I have sort of a problem here, it takes like 5-6 minutes just to load in to a new server or map, I'm thinking there's something wrong here because I'm on the highest graphic settings with a pretty much constant 60FPS and no lag at all. But sometimes I'll load in to games so late that bomb's have already been blown up. Anyone know what's up?
Game has the worst load times of anything I've ever played. Get/put it on an SSD if you want to improve it, basically.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Game has the worst load times of anything I've ever played. Get/put it on an SSD if you want to improve it, basically.
That's really dumb, takes probably ~15 seconds for CS:GO and 5 minutes for this game. Kind of strange.

Sulrn

Deuces
CS:GO also looks and plays like a high school comp sci trade student did the engine work. Ie. It's a much simpler game to load.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ha ha. No.

CS:GO is worlds ahead of this game in terms of gun play. The graphics in this game are nice but clutter the game to the point where you literally can't see shit. If anything I'd say the overly large maps and massive servers increase the lag quite a bite.

Well then, play in a game where the opposing team has a hacker who goes 95-5 in to a 9 minute load in to the next map. I think that's enough BF4 for today.

spronk

FPS noob
are you sure its a literal 5 minutes and not "this feels like 5 mins"? Cuz yeah 5 mins is fucked up and something is wrong. HD should be around 60-120 seconds to load a level. SSD's can drop that to 10-20 seconds. So while SSDs are much faster, 5 minutes is way, way, way too long. Try defragging your drive, and deleting BF4 and redownloading if its still slow after that.

with all the crashing everyone experienced for so long it wouldn't be surprising if some people got some of the data files corrupted.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
2 1/2 minute loads felt like a goddamn eternity for sure. But if you clocked it at 9 minutes, you need to bring your PC back to Best Buy and have the Geek Squad take a look at it.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Fuuuuuuuucking DMRs. Finally ground out the last 20k points I needed (thanks boost xp) to get the Scar H SV. Now to suffer through unlocking attachments or instead just killing myself irl before I do that.

I really hope these get retuned to be less shit at 60-100yards. The fire rate is so piss poor in order to get any accuracy I get regularly outgunned by ARs and carbines. And I'll never understand why anyone things the basic chevron ACOG is good. Give me the horseshoe reticle any day of the week instead. Unlocking the Chinese 4x will be so fucking painful.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
are you sure its a literal 5 minutes and not "this feels like 5 mins"? Cuz yeah 5 mins is fucked up and something is wrong. HD should be around 60-120 seconds to load a level. SSD's can drop that to 10-20 seconds. So while SSDs are much faster, 5 minutes is way, way, way too long. Try defragging your drive, and deleting BF4 and redownloading if its still slow after that.

with all the crashing everyone experienced for so long it wouldn't be surprising if some people got some of the data files corrupted.
Yeah, it seems like it varies between each map but is almost never below 4 minutes. Last night I have a feeling I just froze? Which is really strange because nothing on my computer has frozen since I made it a couple years ago.

The drive's defragged on a schedule every night so that for sure isn't the problem, EA's solution is "REINSTALL DIRECTX!" which is just... yeah. It's not on the SSD right now, but even if it were I have a hard time believing it would have much effect.

lol k. I go to EA support to see if they know how to fix the problem and the guy says it's a known issue, here have a couple silver battle packs. AIGHT thx.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fuuuuuuuucking DMRs. Finally ground out the last 20k points I needed (thanks boost xp) to get the Scar H SV. Now to suffer through unlocking attachments or instead just killing myself irl before I do that.

I really hope these get retuned to be less shit at 60-100yards. The fire rate is so piss poor in order to get any accuracy I get regularly outgunned by ARs and carbines. And I'll never understand why anyone things the basic chevron ACOG is good. Give me the horseshoe reticle any day of the week instead. Unlocking the Chinese 4x will be so fucking painful.
Play in hardcore and just one shot everyone to unlock DMRs like most people do, can snipe with them and you will win all medium to long range battles against any automatic weapon.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
for what its worth sutekh, I have mine on the SSD and I don't think I ever take more than a minute TOPS maybe a little more.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Put a few slams on a flag pole and managed to bring down a scout heli. God I wish I had recorded it.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Out of curiosity what are people's thoughts on the best shotgun and the best attachments for it? Maybe I suck at googling but I haven't found much useful info.

Devlin

Golden Squire
It's taken a while but I'm finally getting the hang of playing on the PS4 sans keyboard & mouse.

The grind seems much much worse than it was in BF3 and when you have no decent attachments for what shitty weapons you do have it is a very harsh lesson in humility.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
YAY:

Battlefield 4 patch for PC on January 13
Various fixes for improving general stability
Fixed a memory leak issue occurring after level shutdowns, which could result in a out-of-memory crash in longer play sessions
Additional fix for the "sound loop" deadlock when running High/Ultra graphics settings
Added a warning for using Legacy AMD drivers that were out of date
Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done
Fixed a bug where players' rank icons on the scoreboard would not be updated
Fix for Asian users unable to start Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 on Windows 8.1
Normalized repair rates across all vehicles. Vehicles with lower health points, like aircraft and transport vehicles, now repair more slowly than before (huge for light choppa squads)
Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
Fixed a bug where a M1 Abrams Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver's camera
Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons.
Stealth Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other. F35 & J-20 are slightly more agile, Su-50 is less agile.
Attack Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other, and all 3 are now slightly less agile than earlier
Fixed camera glitch when switching weapons while moving in crouch
Fixed an occasional bug where players could experience intermittent engine sound dropouts when driving wheeled IFVs
Fix for player spawning under the map when deploying on Lancang Dam
Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rogue Transmission and Operation Locker

I hope that fix to the repair speed means scout chopper squads aren't invincible anymore. No fix for the server issue with ghost slots?