Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Tell that to the homo sniper on Lansing Dam I got into a duel with while hiding behind the ac ontop of a roof. That or maybe the SCAR-H sucks at suppressing.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Near as I can tell, the carbines break down like this:

Best at medium to long range: AK 5C. Low spread and recoil, highest muzzle velocity and range, but low damage. (oddly, not the lowest damage carbine, given the advantages listed - gun is OP for sure) This is BF3's ACW-R. You can pretty much just use this forever if you want.

Best in pure close quarters, where such a thing exists: ACE 53 CQB. Best TTK, but poor range and high recoil. BF3's MTAR. I'd rather sneak around with a shotgun, but it could be fun in domination on the right map.

Happy Medium: ACW-R or maybe M4. Better damage vs slightly better control and range. Giving up a lot over the 5C for a bit of damage, though.

At least there is no weapon that is the best in 90% of all situations this time like the M4A1 was, but I don't see any reason to use any of the carbines aside from the ones listed.

The one thing I haven't factored into this is the effectiveness of burst mode on the AKU-12. I haven't tired it out yet because I'm sure it takes practice. 1000rpm 4 round bursts could be pretty powerful. I'm sure there will be faggots with repeater macros owning up with it.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm an above average player that usually settles out around a 1.5kd ratio in battlefield games. And i do little vehicle whoring.

I've found that silencers massively decrease the amount that you will be killed by random tanks/commanders/mortars/players that you never see coming because they see you on the minimap. I've never gotten it so bad from all angles in a BF game before this, it was essentially at the level that it felt like the other team had wallhacks going on.

I was struggling to get above a 1:1 kd ratio. Now I'm running the first carbine w/ silencer, along with silenced EMR depending on what's going on. From feel I think the first DMR rifle is probably better, but I have a soft spot for the EMR. Getting many 2.5:1 games now, and rarely do i ever go below a 1:1.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm quick question. Anytime I fly a jet and do anything but fly straight and even, there is a constant jerk of the camera over and over. In a sense its like rubber banding every 2 seconds. No issues with helicopters, just jets and then its only when turning the aircraft, I can fly straight with no issue and dive with no issue but the minute I turn or try to pull up it starts again. Any ideas?

Fadaar

That guy
Boo got my monthly gold battlepack... what a limpdick. 2x 100% XP Boost, 1x 25%, some portrait, and the only useful item... an AK-12 suppressor.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Check this streamer playing heli's. So ridiculous how good he is. I die within 20 seconds every time I select one, and then I see this dude just raping:Widgitybear - Twitch

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
Boo got my monthly gold battlepack... what a limpdick. 2x 100% XP Boost, 1x 25%, some portrait, and the only useful item... an AK-12 suppressor.
Sounds a lot like mine. 1x 200% XP boost, 1x 50% boost, 1x 25% boost, Binocular Emblem (Fuck yeah!), and the tactical light for AK-12

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Either I shot that guy down with an IGLA a bunch of times earlier or the white cock emblem is more popular than you'd expect. (most go with American Inventordick)

(or maybe he was the one raping the fuck out of us)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wtb the days when I bought a game and that's all I needed. Install and run that and I'm playing. Instead I have to have the game, a steam style service, web browser and plugins just to play.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So was running over people completely removed? I drove right over 2 guys with the jeep and nothing. Also backed up over people trying to C4 me many times and NOPE.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Do keep in mind that in BF3/4 that when you are revived it does not add a death to your total even though another player gets a kill. This can distort KDR's in a meaningful way if you're trying to use it as a benchmark for your play. An organized squad can create some obscene KDR on the scoreboard but that doesn't mean they aren't dying. Their squad just always comes out on top with revives (so good players no doubt, but perhaps not near as godlike as it might appear if you yourself are struggling to go 1:1) This is for some of the new guys that may not know.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
So was running over people completely removed? I drove right over 2 guys with the jeep and nothing. Also backed up over people trying to C4 me many times and NOPE.
No, you just really have to hit them square. I've got quite a few roadkills on Golmud Railway on Oblieration.