Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Kyle Reese put it best...

"Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just treat him like a women. They go on a crusade about the littlest things, they love to blow shit out of proportion and they never shut up.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Anyone for BF4? I have 9 levels to go, and have had a horrid string of bad squads lately. Use a damn mic please.

BrahmaDogAlpha. Add me.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Absolutely nothing you said disputed anything I said, although the confusing and pointless metaphors were fun. I don't even know what you are arguing anymore, so I guess that's a victory.

You think movement was client side in quake, before quakeworld. (at least I think that's what your dick vein throbbing metaphor was trying to say) That or you think Kali magically transformed the architecture of Quake to have quakeworld style movement. You think 9600 baud modems cost a thousand dollars in 1996 and people used them to play quake because 28.8 cost, like, ten gazillion dollars. You're just fucking wrong.

Here I'll just cut and paste the wiki:

The point of all of that, originally, was to counter your ridiculous hyperbole that you were screaming along at 9600 in vanilla quake over kali with zero latency. You know, like today's games with client movement and client hit detection and "how the fuck did I die around the corner and down the steps.. oh some faggot is playing on a 9600 modem because it cost him $1000 25 years ago"

Anyway, who exactly am I shilling for? The Real Estate office I work at? I'm just shitting on your hyperbole.

Quake on a $900 9600 modem with perfect movement, remember?

Honestly, what I think is going on is you are confusing Doom with Quake. IPX emulation, really?
Yes really? Just like you couldn't fucking remember that a 56k firmware v.90 update came a year after quake in the fucking first place. Or your 300ms bullshit which wasn't even close to what real ping times were. Or anything else you have been fucking completely wrong about in all accounts. You are trolling. And if not, hyperbole is your new middle name not mine. Does Alzheimer's hit at 40 for you? Holy duck how can you not even remember the tiniest details of the greatest gaming age?

Take your medicine and go to fucking bed.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I turned VOIP off ages ago. 90% of the time it was just an annoyance.
Hehe this.

Though I did on occasion get someone blasting the soundtrack from war movies and BF Vietnam, which was awesome. The rest of the time, oh god it was torture.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
And one more thing guy. This game is an absolute cluster fuck. It did work 45% of the time. It took a month to fucking somewhat stabilize it after people could play for a fucking month losing progress daily from crashes and server fucks. People paying full price and having to deal with shit for that month only to see the price drop after it was patched fifty fucking times and is still buggier than a house in October near six boxelder trees. You are either the biggest fucking shill on the planet for this, as with others and the viral team, or so fucking dense you make Saturn a class m planet.

Sulrn

Deuces
About 40 hours in. Have only crashed once. Haven't lost progress once. Haven't run into any hackers and exploiters have been mildly annoying at worst.

My only complaint is never finding a good partner to play gunner/repair bitch for.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
In the ultimate in passive aggressive nerdness, welcome to ignore. You contribute nothing with your incessant bitching and exaggeration. You're never funny, which is pretty much the only way I can stand reading people crying about video games. When I bitch, I at least try to make it amusing. Hell, the entire point as far as I'm concerned is to make someone laugh a little while I vent. But with you it's like some game developer stole your woman, burned down your house, raped your children up the ass and ruined your life, over and over again with every fucking game thread on this forum. You talk about this shit like it's the most important goddamn thing on earth. For all of these reasons, I repeat what I said earlier: Even when you are right, you are wrong.

I will concede the point. 56k coming out a whole year after Quake is without a doubt, a far greater error than claiming that 9600 modems were hot shit that only the rich could afford at the time. Even though that is completely fucking wrong.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
In the ultimate in passive aggressive nerdness, welcome to ignore. You contribute nothing with your incessant bitching and exaggeration. You're never funny, which is pretty much the only way I can stand reading people crying about video games. When I bitch, I at least try to make it amusing.

I will concede the point. 56k coming out a whole year after Quake is without a doubt, a far greater error than claiming that 9600 modems were hot shit that only the rich could afford at the time. Even though that is completely fucking wrong.
When they came out they were expensive as fuck. And my point was that it didn't have an effect on gameplay at the time via Kali and ipx emulation within those games. And people didn't upgrade modems until they dropped down to about 39 bucks because of a large upfront initial investment. You were fucking late to the party.

Threadshitting? This thread shit itself when the willful ignorance of all the fucking bugs and crashes in this game are still ignored for the sake of the buck a post perpetuating this fucker. Go find a fucking conscience.

Until then, here is fucking reality.

Google

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I had someone pitch a fit in chat because I wasn't setting squad orders. Of course I was unaware I was squad leader, I wasn't reading chat because I wasn't interested in keeping tabs on who the hackers or [insert weapon] noobs were, and when I am leader most of the orders I give are completely on accident anyway because I'm trying to spot people (attack here! no defend here! no attack here! no attack there!) Perhaps having spotting, orders, and chat commands all bound to one key wasn't the best of ideas.

Fyro

Golden Squire
Nah I just wanted to unlock everything so I can play any game type and have the most suitable weapon.

I had a goal and reached it now i'm just not sure what my next one is. What do people that play this game regularly do? If I want to level what game type is the most xp. This is my first battlefield so I really have no idea.

Give ya an idea of where i'm at.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/muttonwar
In BF3 my goal was to hit 500 kills with every weapon.

I made it through every AR, Shotgun, PDW, Carbine, and all but two of the snipers and LMGS. It kept me going for a long time.

Currently on a mission to hit 100 kills with every weapon in BF4, from there I will do 500 with the main weapons. It gets hard if you use every gun because some are shit, and you want to keep a high K/D and W/L ratio. Sitting at a 2.45 KD and a 79% W/L ratio.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...20067/xboxone/

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Kali on a 9600 baud modem? hahah man that made my day. I was on 28.8 (usually only really connected at 19200) when Kali was first released and I was one of the first to register. I used QModem to start a terminal connection with the university where I could start a slip session then launch kali. Until PPP was supported by the university.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Especially given that the default rate limit for quake was 2500KB (20000 kbps). But 9600 modems were just as good as your 28.8 because they used to cost $900.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Especially given that the default rate limit for quake was 2500KB (20000 kbps). But 9600 modems were just as good as your 28.8 because they used to cost $900.
You are fucking higher than a kite. Seriously. What the fuck happened to you. Are you sick?

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
People actually got lower than a 200 ping on a modem back in the day? Shit until I got my cable modem I was ecstatic when I'd see a 250 ping on Gamespy or Mplayer. lol

Fadaar

That guy
People actually got lower than a 200 ping on a modem back in the day? Shit until I got my cable modem I was ecstatic when I'd see a 250 ping on Gamespy or Mplayer. lol
I could get around 200 with 56k on a good CS server. Never really played any online FPS games prior to Half-Life and its mods.