Battlefield 2042

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm still unconvinced that adding even more players will actually make the game more fun, considering I've had the most fun lately playing Titanfall 2 which is only 6v6...

Squad is fantastic with 100 and maps that large. They just have to stop designing maps with trap style cap points that lure everyone in.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
IDK misty, the most fun ive had in a shooter was Planetside 2, fucking epic fights that none of these games ever captured.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
IDK misty, the most fun ive had in a shooter was Planetside 2, fucking epic fights that none of these games ever captured.
3 faction and all the infrastructure of bases and Galaxies and Sunderers has a lot to do with that.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Anyway, the more people the more it feels like a fucking war. No discounting that. You cannot capture that feeling in a 6v6 lol. I even had fun in the conquest mode in BF5, where you drop pout of airplanes and try to take the points, whatever that mode is called. And that was only 32 v 32, adding in 64 more peeps is gonna be even more epic.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I play a lot of 5v5 format with things like CS, but man.. getting a steady squad together fending off a hoard of zerging players trying to survive and keep a point is oddly satisfying. Having to duck from tanks so that you can get your boys back.. its just good time. Even in Planetside, I loved PS1 because I ran with a hitsquad and we'd go around sacking towers in enemy lines.

I think the only specific thing I miss from a smaller format, is the personalized salt that comes from the enemy team. You gotta really run lobbies to get that with 64+ players.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
These past few reveal trailers have felt like they trying to undo the fuck-over they gave their community with the BF1 and BFV launches.

Hopefully this one brings it back to why I loved everything up to BF1.

Trailer looks solid too. 9/10 (hopefully I don't have to endure that many vehicle whores on each map, and they give us at least 2 of the seven which will be more infantry focused)

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
BF3 BF4 hell I’ll take either of those at this point. Let’s hope this is good. If so this could be the perfect storm to come in and shake things up in the FPS world.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Bf4 supposedly free with twitch prime but i don't know who the fuck trading this thread wouldn't already own it. Maybe if it was a stream install or something would be nice. Was suprised 6 will be.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Bf4 supposedly free with twitch prime but i don't know who the fuck trading this thread wouldn't already own it. Maybe if it was a stream install or something would be nice. Was suprised 6 will be.
My origin got hacked a while back probably 250 hrs on BF4 300+ on BF3, 200+ on Battlefront 2, plus the games themselves which were full price when I bought them. Still cant get that shit back. Its fucking 2020 and for some reason they allow haxxors to go on origin and change the infos like email and name, etc... And now they dont even know WTF happened to the account. They want my billing info from 5 yrs ago, lol, as if I kept those CC numbers, lol. Fuck EA and fuck Origin.

So even if I can get those games free right now, like fuck off grinding all those unlocks again, lol.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Game looks cool. Curious what TTK is like as they didn't actual show much shooting gameplay, mostly vehicle shit. Hopefully it's faster than Apex but slower than Valorant/CS and MP CoD.

If every gun kills you instantly and then it comes down to the highest controllable RPM, that will be unfortunate. If they do limb multipliers and armor checks vs calliber correctly, could be pretty sweet.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I hope one of the levolutions involves a battlefield nuclear weapon going off.

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sign me up for those Russian helos. Since the last 2 bad bfs, I have some vehicle whoring withdrawal. Was my joy to collect server bans for hacking in bc 2 or 4, whichever one had Abrams having canister shot and the deployable infantry radar. Drop radar then bush shot every sneaky engineer and b4 nerf 2 tap with the quick swap between shell type.

With how bad ww1 vehicles and being felt, i hope they return to them feeling responsive and good and take away self repair so you still have to bring an engineer or pop out to repair and risk getting hijacked.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Ah ok, I used to get hackusations in BF1942 when I flew. One time on Midway I had 300 kills from sinking full landing craft and mowing the deck of the aircraft carriers lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was that the guy who actually pulled that off?

Seeing people that happy makes me happy. That would be my reaction if 49ers won Super Bowl.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That would be my reaction if 49ers won Super Bowl.

Would it look like this?

1623795665175.jpeg

• 1Worf