Battlefield Hardline

spronk

FPS noob
officially announced at E3 today, shipping this fall developed by Visceral. It enters beta TODAY for PC and PS4, get into the beta here

Closed Beta Signup - Battlefield - Official EA Site

It took me 4-5 tries but I got in for PC although the "Get it Now" button at the end isn't really doing anything for me, and I don't see it in Origin yet.

Its basically a polished version of Payday 2. Definitely worth playing beta before buying, since BF4 launch sucked hard. Also will probably be 50% off sale on black friday, based on previous EA patterns.

spronk

FPS noob
got an email 2 mins later from Origin confirming I "purchased" Hardline beta for $0, still not showing up in Origin but hopefully that fixes itself in a few hours

I already own bf3 and bf4 on PC so dunno if that got me in instantly, I also signed up again for BF4 on PS4 and got a "we will email you if you got in!" message, not instant access. Don't own BF4 PS4.

spronk

FPS noob
also just checked the origin store, in USA regular is $60 digital deluxe (gold battlepacks) is $70. On Mexico origin store (hola VPN plugin) its $40 regular and $50 for deluxe. I really wouldn't pre-order though, its gonna go on big sales soon after release.

sebur

Bronze Squire
If you are having issues you have to give Origin a second to catch up. Took about 30 seconds to 1 min for the actual beta to show up under my games. Servers are getting hammered I am sure.

spronk

FPS noob
Live stream

Twitch

under origin click help / order history, mine says Processing thats why I think its not in my games library yet

spronk

FPS noob
shows up in Origin now as Battlefield Hardline beta. downloading now in Origin, 6 gigs. My order status still shows Processing for the order.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Anyone know if you preorder the game if you get into beta? Game looks like something i could get into so i dont mind. lol i want to play.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Can anyone else confirm that ziplines can take down helicopters? I did a bit of experimenting and it DOES indeed look like if I run into a zipline as a helicopter it crashes the vehicle. Not sure if I ran into a levolution though since a building also went down at the same time.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This looks really fun, hope I get in to the Beat immediately like you guys did.

spronk

FPS noob
played a couple games, pretty fun but it seems to be built on top of a older build of bf4. A bug I saw a few months ago, my display not going fullscreen when I start and staying windowed until I toggle settings, was back with this beta. The game also crashed twice on me when i was fucking around on a motorcycle. load times also seem atrocious, against a raided SSD too.

definitely cool but can't see paying full price for this, its basically reskinned bf4 with a lot of tweaks.

Hekotat

I actually had insane loading times playing BF4 the other day and I have a SSD as well. I didn't get in instantly so they may be full as of now.

Hekotat

Oh I agree, Origin will only get money from me when they have insane sales on their products.