Battlefield V

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
BF1 & BF5.
Franchise is dead. It stopped being Battlefield when vehicles basically became nothing more than random power ups.

Also fuck the retards who wanted to make a WW1 and WW2 shooter with modern technology/mechanics.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They need to get back to modern era or future shit, fuck the revisiting history tour. Like anyone wants to play a fps using fucking muskets on horseback and shit.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They need to get back to modern era or future shit, fuck the revisiting history tour. Like anyone wants to play a fps using fucking muskets on horseback and shit.
Lol I played a 1942 mod of the revolutionary war back in early 2000’s. It took 15 seconds to load a musket. I just ran around bayoneting the milsimmers and roleplayers until they booted me.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Franchise is dead. It stopped being Battlefield when vehicles basically became nothing more than random power ups.

Also fuck the retards who wanted to make a WW1 and WW2 shooter with modern technology/mechanics.

Ya, at least in BF1942, not everyone was running around with fucking ARs or had portal AA guns that could 1 shot a plane. Being a good tank driver or plane pilot meant you could do some serious damage.

Vehicles were always the main draw in BF series to me, although BF3 started the whole "lol fuck planes/vehicles" shit when everyone and their mother had fucking anti-air heat seeking missiles and made flying incredibly difficult to actually do since you got rocket spammed by infantry.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Vehicles have been retarded OP since BF4. In both BF1/BF5 you're forced to run the anti-tank class the entire time if you want to have a chance as infantry. BF1 took 4-5 anti-tank player to take down a tank and most of the time you'd lose to said tank. BF1 was the most enraging with tanks because you had to lay prone to shoot a rocket, 7 out of 10 times you were getting your butthole jammed before you could pull the trigger.

In BF5 the tanks have no disadvantages. They are good at CQC, Long Range and in 3rd person the camera is back about 50ft so you can't even sneak up on them. I have to run Assault 95% of the time because I can't rely on blueberries to take care of planes/tanks.

Just like every game since BF4, there is always a vehicle player at the top of each team going 85-0 in a tank or plane.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ya, at least in BF1942, not everyone was running around with fucking ARs or had portal AA guns that could 1 shot a plane. Being a good tank driver or plane pilot meant you could do some serious damage.

Vehicles were always the main draw in BF series to me, although BF3 started the whole "lol fuck planes/vehicles" shit when everyone and their mother had fucking anti-air heat seeking missiles and made flying incredibly difficult to actually do since you got rocket spammed by infantry.
I loved BF3.

sienne
Grand bazaar
Op metro

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Just like every game since BF4, there is always a vehicle player at the top of each team going 85-0 in a tank or plane.

The bigger problem is they added grinding to vehicles to unlock shit. One of the reasons I eventually abandoned BF5 is I was late to the game, so it was nearly impossible to level up a plane. You either got destroyed in seconds by fully upgrades enemy planes, or you got 1 shot by those bullshit anti-air rockets that it seems like every infantry was carrying. Meanwhile, you are putzing around in a weak ass airplane that can't kill tanks and takes like 500 bullets to kill an enemy plane, and you can't strafe troops on the ground because you get railgunned by them, and your basic bombs do jackshit unless it literally lands on the head of a solider. And if it lands on a tank, it does nothing.

Their vehicle balance has been fucking stupid since BF3, when they nerfed the fuck out of the A-10 so it couldn't even kill tanks effectively.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Vehicles have been retarded OP since BF4. In both BF1/BF5 you're forced to run the anti-tank class the entire time if you want to have a chance as infantry. BF1 took 4-5 anti-tank player to take down a tank and most of the time you'd lose to said tank. BF1 was the most enraging with tanks because you had to lay prone to shoot a rocket, 7 out of 10 times you were getting your butthole jammed before you could pull the trigger.

In BF5 the tanks have no disadvantages. They are good at CQC, Long Range and in 3rd person the camera is back about 50ft so you can't even sneak up on them. I have to run Assault 95% of the time because I can't rely on blueberries to take care of planes/tanks.

It's because In real wars the bombing targets come as orders from their commander. It might be a lot less OP if all they did was enforce some kind of objectives so that pilots don't simply bomb the same squishy positions they know will get them a lot of kills over and over. "Ok you got 100 kills, but you let both Nazi commanders escape because you refused to bomb the target we told you to, so you get -99 kills."

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
When I played BF5 at launch, the bomber planes were ridiculously OP as fuck. Laying down whole swaths of death on the ground until someone on the other side got into a fighter (unusually more than one) to take him down. Tanks were pretty retarded as well, usually taking several troops on the ground to take them out. Niot sure how they changed it, but BF in general always had balance problems between infantry and vehicles since I played it first in BF3. I favored infantry so thank god they had infantry only maps we could spam, shit like lockers and Metro. (which was also missing in BFI and BF5 from what I remember.)

As I recall the only other game of its kind was Planetside 2 which, who would of guessed, had the same balance problems its entire lifetime.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
BF5's BR could have been decent if they actually spent any time on it. It never felt like it was pushing any envelopes and the looting/gameplay mechanic setup was abysmal.

The fact Bethesda spent more time on Nuclear Winter (the FO76 BR) than Dice did on Firestorm is telling, considering both were essentially side projects.
Firestorm had a lot of potential, and despite the issues I did have a lot of fun with it. I actually prefer the gunplay and atmosphere a lot more than Warzone. They made a huge mistake by not making it FTP, and it was pretty ridiculous how early they abandoned support for it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Because aside the first few weeks, it was a fail. and not so much a fail as a Warzone mode, but fail as a game as a whole. BF 5 had problems from the very first dumb ass promo movie they released.

Besides the whole Warzone thing at the time was really starting to get played out. It was just one more out of 100 warzone type games. Wrong game mode, wrong time.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
BC2 handled taking out vehicles perfectly. Once darted that mofo better not show his face for more than a second!

Matter fact...Gonna play me some Valparaiso!

Cybsled

BC2 was so much Carl Gustov spam lol

Vehicles still felt powerful in that game, though.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I played some BC2 a few months back, still a great game. I just wish there were more servers. Seemed like there were only Rush servers populated at the time.