Battlefield V

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
There are many hackers still rolling around even after being reported with video proof.

They don't give a shit.
Yeah, this is what ultimately made me quit the game. I had a blast in the 1/10 games I got into that didn't have a blatant hacker in it, but it was eventually just too rampant.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Thus far Squad, Hell Let Loose and Post Scriptum have provided a better experience.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider

Cool recap for someone like me who completly disconnected from Bf, even tho i had a serious love affair with that franchise. Hopefully they steer it back with whatever comes next.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
So let's see, I first played Battlefield 1942 at a friends house, goofed around on it for a bit on and off, but never really got truly sucked in by the game... Until someone did a Star War's reskin mod, not sure on the details, but I just remember getting sucked into doing the battle of Hoth over and over and over for a couple weekends in a row. Battlefield 2 ate my lunch and I liked every second of it. I have never played Battlefield Vietnam, 2142, or the first Bad Company, or the couple of different console releases they did, and picked the series back up with Bad Company 2 and was immediately in love all over again. The worst thing about Bad Company 2 was getting sucked in only a couple of months before Battlefield 3 released, so I didn't play it very long before switching. Battlefield 3 was the first time I got to play any of the Battlefields with a tons of friends to actually fill my squad, and really do a lot of coordinated cooperative play, and is still probably the pinnacle of my collective Battlefield experiences. Battlefield 4 was a rough start, but we came back later, and played the ever-loving shit out of it after a DLC or two. Thankfully I skipped Hardline, Battlefield 1 was good, but short lived, due to having my friend base scattered to the wind. I bring all this up, because in spite of 15 years of high quality enjoyment, and numerous titles with hundreds and hundreds of hours played, it's only taken them 2 Battlefronts and Battlefield V to kill any preordering or day one purchasing of this franchise. I've tried a few times now to pick up Battlefield V and dive into, and every time I make it 10 to 15 hours and lose any interest in the game. I get my WWII nostalgia, pew pew ting m1 garand fix, all out of my system, and the game just fails to capture me beyond that. I haven't even been able to play it long enough to say why it doesn't work, when Battlefield 1 did for me. I want whatever they do next to be great, but I'm not hopeful anymore.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Free weekend for squad starting today, if you guys want to get a group going for shenanigans let's do it.

babo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone playing on xbox? Im trying to find a team preferably a mic communication ariel bombardment type that dominates the sky and gives support to ground troops. Would be nice to face other serious teams too. Send me your GTs if interested!!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anyone playing on xbox? Im trying to find a team preferably a mic communication ariel bombardment type that dominates the sky and gives support to ground troops. Would be nice to face other serious teams too. Send me your GTs if interested!!
sukik sukik and I play but we pretty much ground n pound

babo

Golden Knight of the Realm
yoo i just added trigger job to my Breda M1935 now i can unload the whole clip like a automatic AR shits godly!

spronk

FPS noob
rumors about battlefield 6

tl;dr (i didn't watch either)

Henderson states that Battlefield 6 will be heavily influenced by Battlefield 3 and could be titled simply "Battlefield". It's a soft reboot of the series, as mentioned before and will emphasise large scale battles with maps that support up to 128 players.

Additionally, he claims that the game is also scheduled to release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, meaning it won't be an exclusive for next-gen consoles. Henderson states that PS4 and Xbox One version will only have 32 vs 32 game modes with some graphical downgrades and limited destruction.

Apparently, the PS4 and Xbox One version of the game is in development "by a different studio or a different part of the same studio'',
which suggests EA are taking both versions of the game seriously.

Last but not least, a battle-royale mode for Battlefield 6 was in development. It seems EA are impressed with the success of Call of Duty Warzone and want to try and bring a much better battle royale experience with Battlefield 6.

sounds good, battlefield 4 was the shit but the game took a steep nosedive with BF1 & BF5. COD has the small maps and teams game sown up, battlefield concentrating on large maps and large screens would honestly be a good incentive to finally upgrade my PC

Cybsled

BF5's BR could have been decent if they actually spent any time on it. It never felt like it was pushing any envelopes and the looting/gameplay mechanic setup was abysmal.

The fact Bethesda spent more time on Nuclear Winter (the FO76 BR) than Dice did on Firestorm is telling, considering both were essentially side projects.