Battlefield V

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
It's a good game, it sucks they are doing their best to ruin it. I also wish they would bring modding and private servers back.

Make sure you have a squad to run with or you're gonna have a bad time.

Yea private servers would be real nice, along with more overall content too.

I haven't had much issues running solo, makes flanking so much easier.

Cybsled

I usually just fly around in planes, so squads are irrelevant to me lol

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
The TTK change makes it feel like BF1 now (shitty). The TTD was the issue people had, since you would have 1 frame deaths and shit.

I haven't tired the recon self loading rifles yet, but if they take 3 shots to kill on body now, they will be completely useless. But even less reason to play medic now because SMGs were weak before, but even worse now.

Edit: Yep, I'm not going to play recon ever again. Self loading rifles kill in 2-3 shots now depending on range/hit area.

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
TTK patch has ruined this game for me, it takes so many bullets to kill now that it's unreasonable. I hope they revert it but I seriously doubt they will, I'm out if they don't.

Everyone seems to be running bolt action snipers now since it's the fastest way to kill. Medics are in an even worse place now than they were before, no one is even playing them due to no medium range options and every other class outperforming them. They may have finally gave it the death blow they've been longing for.

willzilla

<Bronze Donator>
TTK patch has ruined this game for me, it takes so many bullets to kill now that it's unreasonable. I hope they revert it but I seriously doubt they will, I'm out if they don't.

Everyone seems to be running bolt action snipers now since it's the fastest way to kill. Medics are in an even worse place now than they were before, no one is even playing them due to no medium range options and every other class outperforming them. They may have finally gave it the death blow they've been longing for.

I had some solid success running assault with the semi-auto (any of them) and also the starter full auto gun.. Didn't notice a huge change in how long it took to kill.

Recon still seems to be the most popular kit on many maps... sniper rounds smoking you from all directions.

Only big difference I've noticed is it seems to take a longer to take out a tank with the shoulder rockets + tank grenade + grenade rifle and they are still sitting pretty lol.

willzilla

<Bronze Donator>
Played some today and game felt off for me.. was chillin in a tiny bush shooting at a barrel... bam bam bam.. barrel still there.. wtf? Realized a spec of grass was blocking my bullets completely and the rounds were simply vanishing lol... couldn't shoot thru even tiny tree branch twigs either, wtf?

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Played some today and game felt off for me.. was chillin in a tiny bush shooting at a barrel... bam bam bam.. barrel still there.. wtf? Realized a spec of grass was blocking my bullets completely and the rounds were simply vanishing lol... couldn't shoot thru even tiny tree branch twigs either, wtf?

Its crazy how all over the place the bullet pen is, I've gotten shot through a wooden wall/box but wood stair railing blocks bullets.

As for the assaults semi autos I noticed it takes another shot to kill people more so at any good distance. But I've been only using the Gwen 43 since I unlocked it. But been seeing a shit load more of shotguns since the TTK change didn't do anything to them.

Tanks seems wonky I've done 2 TnT + Anti tank nade + rocket to ass end of tank to have to kill it. While I've only had to use 2 Anti Tank nade launcher from support on the ass end to kill one.

willzilla

<Bronze Donator>
Its crazy how all over the place the bullet pen is, I've gotten shot through a wooden wall/box but wood stair railing blocks bullets.

As for the assaults semi autos I noticed it takes another shot to kill people more so at any good distance. But I've been only using the Gwen 43 since I unlocked it. But been seeing a shit load more of shotguns since the TTK change didn't do anything to them.

Tanks seems wonky I've done 2 TnT + Anti tank nade + rocket to ass end of tank to have to kill it. While I've only had to use 2 Anti Tank nade launcher from support on the ass end to kill one.

Yeah... It seems for some reason rockets do less damage at long range even tho.. it's a fucking rocket, lol.

As for bullet pen.. never noticed any weird prior to today, I mean yeah.. some inconsistencies with pen on some materials.. but today, I'd be crouching in a bush or something (but near edge so I can see out and shit) and I'd be firing on someone and ... no dmg... ??? Did some testing and realize that now bullets just "poof" vanish at times when u have even a tiny leaf or piece of grass in your way... and sometimes, you can fire fine like this. Has thrown me off a ton. They double nerfed the g43 which was my fav gun, first the accuracy nerf like.. last week, and now the dmg reduction nerf. Gun feels off and shoots to slow to do so little damage. I've been running the turner a bit and it feels better but wow... often it takes me 5+ shots to kill someone with a friggin semi auto, lol, wtf.

• 1Like

willzilla

<Bronze Donator>
Looks like the tides of war challenge "Look up" is glitched... multiple times with 2+ v1/jb2 rocket kills... still show as 0/2, lol.

Stave

Potato del Grande
It's a good game, it sucks they are doing their best to ruin it. I also wish they would bring modding and private servers back.

Make sure you have a squad to run with or you're gonna have a bad time.

Im quite surprised by this game. I had written it off due to all the SJW shit, but ended up picking it up for $30. It's an amazing game, at least on Domination, which is the only mode I play in these games. I'm glad the TTK changes were only in conquest. I hated BF1. Loving this one though. I can easily go 5 to 1 or more ratio. Pretty fun. To bad they fucked up by running their mouths with the SJW shit. Hopefully the poor sales will make them keep their dirty whore mouths shut next time. Also, I would love a BF2134 next go around. We're far overdue.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Im quite surprised by this game. I had written it off due to all the SJW shit, but ended up picking it up for $30. It's an amazing game, at least on Domination, which is the only mode I play in these games. I'm glad the TTK changes were only in conquest. I hated BF1. Loving this one though. I can easily go 5 to 1 or more ratio. Pretty fun. To bad they fucked up by running their mouths with the SJW shit. Hopefully the poor sales will make them keep their dirty whore mouths shut next time. Also, I would love a BF2134 next go around. We're far overdue.

I prefer any other mode than conquest, mainly play breakthrough. I just wish I could always be on the assault side, not a big fan of defendding.

The gunplay was phenomenal before, now it's kinda meh. I'm hoping they fix it.

• 1Like

Stave

Potato del Grande
I prefer any other mode than conquest, mainly play breakthrough. I just wish I could always be on the assault side, not a big fan of defendding.

The gunplay was phenomenal before, now it's kinda meh. I'm hoping they fix it.
I thought they only changed the gunplay in conquest?

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
The TTK changes are not for conquest only, its for every game mode.

There is just an server type called "Conquest core" that uses the pre-patch TTK, but only for conquest (which I don't like in this BF)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users