Battlefield V

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Stave

Potato del Grande
The TTK changes are not for conquest only, its for every game mode.

There is just an server type called "Conquest core" that uses the pre-patch TTK, but only for conquest (which I don't like in this BF)
You're right, they are in all modes, but dice just said they are rolling out core mode for all modes next week. What a clusterfuck. They need to just make hardcore servers, roll back the regular modes ttk, and be done with it.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

willzilla

<Bronze Donator>
They need to fix the broke as fuck Look Up challenge in Tides of War... shit is pissing me off lol.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I either got lucky or the tides of war challenges bug out the longer they are active, remember there was issues with the last set for people too.

My final assignments for the Gwen 43 and the ZH-29 fucking suck.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Im stuck on having my squad use a V1, which is bullshit when 80% of the player base doesn't know about the squad specials.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think they sort of screwed up the promotion and cover art for this game and that is partly to blame for sales sucking.

As something of a semi-casual FPS guy I had absolutely no clue, it was a WW2 game until very recently...

I mean the cover and main promotional art is a generic girl dual wielding pistols. Combine that with the fact it's called BF V, seemingly a sequel to 4 instead of BF 1... I just assumed it must be a modern generic setting because none of these things seem to indicate a WW2 game. Compare this to CoD WW2 or BF 1.... Those games made it very clear to anyone what the game as about... Seems a really big screw up on EAs part here.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
i watched a youtube about how a lot of the gaming goofs that are punishing companies (Battlefield V, fallout 76, diablo immortal). seem to be rogue marketing departments. "rogue" isn't really fair. the top brass are telling marketing to literally do whatever they want to make the product as cool to the age democragphics that they can (using demographics which naturally explain that every kid is an SJW and love that shit).

Meanwhile the programmers have built an entirely other kind of game. game comes out, everyone is pissed because they were told one thing was coming and got another.

spronk

FPS noob
thats not true in this case though. DICE and marketing was pretty unified in the beginning, "this is a game that celebrates women in gaming" - the SP campaign rewrites history so its a mom and her daughter that prevented the nazi's from getting heavy isotope water for nukes in norway, not a group of men (what really happened). The initial marketing push was about cyborg woman and her saving europe in WW2. Thats marketing + dev working together.

Then a huge blowback occurs, everyone says fuck off DICE, and both devs and marketing scramble to change BF5 so its more "oh no, this is about untold stories of WW2". Which also ends up being really false, its the most basic WW2 shit ever, with the maps set in early 1940s and only involving England/Germany. The "untold stories" of WW2 are the Russian front, the entire Asian Pacific Rim, the North African campaigns, the Greek/Turkish front, the italian resistance, etc. None of that is touched in any way in BF5, they focus solely on what everyone already knows about WW2 - nazis fighting the english in occupied france.

BF5 is the story of a company that wants to simultaneously be popular with EVERYONE but also simultaneously doesn't really understand its target audience at all. And a parent company that is so afraid of its market that it doesn't know what to do anymore and provides absolutely no supervision anymore.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Considering Wake Island in BF1942 is one of the all time great FPS maps it boggles my mind that they haven't included any pacific theater content yet.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Im stuck on having my squad use a V1, which is bullshit when 80% of the player base doesn't know about the squad specials.
Be proactive and take over squad lead, thus giving yourself the control to do the rocket.

----------------------------------

rZCAffisCzXks0tmzUqsfrbHlgOO9xxP2yBEimp7P3w.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
And they are reverting to the old TTK. The only good thing that came out of the shit TTK they changed to was I got a lot more playtime with tanks/planes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Classic wolf and sheep paradox: everyone wants to be the wolf, not the sheep. They don’t want to die in 1-2 hits, but they want everyone else to die in that many

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At least they are listening even if the rollout was done poorly and without discussion. As a predominate recon, I didn’t even notice a difference.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Destiny 2 did the same shit in vanilla to hopefully attract more plebs to play their game. Come to find out that not only did it not attract new players, their core fucking hated it as well. Among other changes as well, like 4v4 instead of 6v6, getting rid of random rolls, etc. Basically making the game easy mode dull with no depth.

Seeing their retention numbers plummet, they spent the next yr fixing the game to be like it should have been in the first place. Reducing ttk, bringing back 6v6, random rolls, etc...

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

-------------

Glad that they rolled back the TTK.

Medics still need some work. They have 0 mid-range and their heal crate is just shy of being useless.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
At least they are listening even if the rollout was done poorly and without discussion. As a predominate recon, I didn’t even notice a difference.

If you used the self-loading rifles you noticed like I did. It made me stop playing recon truthfully.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
thats not true in this case though. DICE and marketing was pretty unified in the beginning, "this is a game that celebrates women in gaming" - the SP campaign rewrites history so its a mom and her daughter that prevented the nazi's from getting heavy isotope water for nukes in norway, not a group of men (what really happened). The initial marketing push was about cyborg woman and her saving europe in WW2. Thats marketing + dev working together.

Then a huge blowback occurs, everyone says fuck off DICE, and both devs and marketing scramble to change BF5 so its more "oh no, this is about untold stories of WW2". Which also ends up being really false, its the most basic WW2 shit ever, with the maps set in early 1940s and only involving England/Germany. The "untold stories" of WW2 are the Russian front, the entire Asian Pacific Rim, the North African campaigns, the Greek/Turkish front, the italian resistance, etc. None of that is touched in any way in BF5, they focus solely on what everyone already knows about WW2 - nazis fighting the english in occupied france.

BF5 is the story of a company that wants to simultaneously be popular with EVERYONE but also simultaneously doesn't really understand its target audience at all. And a parent company that is so afraid of its market that it doesn't know what to do anymore and provides absolutely no supervision anymore.

The hilarious thing is Women don't even play games like this.... no doubt EA has reems of data showing this.

I was talking to my sister on the phone the other day, shes become this moronic pseudo sjw since moving to California. She mentioned she wanted to buy a PS4 for her Boyfriend. Why i asked? because apparently she think "journey" is a feminist game designed by women to combat patriarchy in gaming or something, idk but that was basically her response although i don't think it bears much resemblance to reality. but anyways it made me think of her game library, basically stuff like Civilization and the Sims.

That made me realize basically no girl i've ever met would have the slightest interest in a shooty, realistic violence, competitive game like this. Now, i am sure there are always a few outliers around, but it's interesting how its one of many data points that show this very clear difference between the minds of men and women that academia and most of society is just unwilling to explore or even acknowledge it's existence.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
The hilarious thing is Women don't even play games like this.... no doubt EA has reems of data showing this..

They definitely do. But IMO a good portion of women actually interested in gaming don't give two shits what gender their character is when playing them. The feature is nice I'm sure, but doesn't have to be a stupid ordeal/advertisement for inclusion.

Now, back in the 2000's when they started having options to change your character (q3/Unreal Tournament etc) it was still 99% guys playing the female chars just for the smaller hitbox, 'cause pussies. But at least the option was there for the obscure female gamer of those times too and it wasn't a big deal. It was just there.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard