Battletech

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The (according to reddit super frequent) bug where reinforcements spawn immediately instead of after you've already engaged/started destroying the primary target is not something that should have made it through even rudimentary QA. Having to deal with 3 mediums and 3 lights at the same time when 3/4ths of your lance is comprised of starter mechs makes for a pretty goddamn rough battle. Ended up with my first 3 month heal time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
i really want to like this game, and i'm sure i can if i persist

but doing the 3rd mission without a say in the builds sucks, 2 mechs with an LRM5, wtf is that?

• 1Salty

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I haven't had a single hard crash and I'm 60 hours in, but the delays on the UI definitely stack up over time.

I just made a Highlander with 3xLRM20's, my squad is almost complete.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
30ish hours in and no crashes. I do close the game every four or five missions, though, as it starts to run slower and slower. I also keep up with trimming out the old save files.

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm

but doing the 3rd mission without a say in the builds sucks, 2 mechs with an LRM5, wtf is that?

Dude, it's 3 missions in it's still basically the tutorial. Then just like glorious mech commander back in the day. Gotta salvage/buy/otherwise build yourself up a little to get the weapons you want. Once you are cut loose after 3-4 story missions 1-2 side missions and you should be pretty much free to make SRM boats and then at least an autocannon sniper if not a LRM10 boat. (Early light mechs usually a 10 and a 5 about all you can fit, by the time you get decent missile mediums you should be able to do 2 10's and a 5 or a 15 +10 if you are lucky.

Maybe 1/4 of the way thru you start getting a bunch of 15/20's about the same time you start getting ++ weapons and it gets silly. Big thing, is try not to do side missions too much, it's hard to resist, but other than picking up a few better lights and a medium maybe, push into the story missions because at least the early ones past the Argo are loot pinata;s and if you are lucky some bigger mechs salvaged earlier. (I did prison recently, sadly was unlucky with downing the jagermech, trebuchet, and forgot the other one)

• 1Like

Rockstar

Trakanon Raider
Any way to get more of these double heatsinks? I can't remember how I got them in the first place. Maybe story mission.

I think one of the tooltips said to visit high tech systems for better store loot? Anyone check that out?

My lance is now: Orion, Highlander, and two Battlemaster. Decided to go just sheer tonnage. It's fun to one-round full armor mechs, or pop their heads with AC20++ / Gauss rifle.

Recently just started finding a lot more of the random equipment items, targeting sensors/cockpit mods/etc. Not sure how significant a +3 ballistic accuracy would be? Enough to warrant 3 tons used?

Finally, I need to find a fix for these UI delays. Waiting 10-25 seconds for each and every click now, which was not present when I started. Takes me five minutes just to repair after a mission.

• 2Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Any way to get more of these double heatsinks? I can't remember how I got them in the first place. Maybe story mission.

I think one of the tooltips said to visit high tech systems for better store loot? Anyone check that out?

My lance is now: Orion, Highlander, and two Battlemaster. Decided to go just sheer tonnage. It's fun to one-round full armor mechs, or pop their heads with AC20++ / Gauss rifle.

Recently just started finding a lot more of the random equipment items, targeting sensors/cockpit mods/etc. Not sure how significant a +3 ballistic accuracy would be? Enough to warrant 3 tons used?

Finally, I need to find a fix for these UI delays. Waiting 10-25 seconds for each and every click now, which was not present when I started. Takes me five minutes just to repair after a mission.

Double Heat Sinks are LosTech. You're lucky that you have any to begin with!

• 2Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Not sure how significant a +3 ballistic accuracy would be? Enough to warrant 3 tons used?

It depends. I would take an LRM off'a mech, up to an LRM 10. Especially if your mech has an AC20. +3 ballistic accuracy is huge.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Not to mention that due to hardpoint constraints, it's not like you'll be able to change much for a while anyway. This ain't Mechwarrior 3 or Mechcommander 2 where mechs just have a big blank 'tonnage' space that you can stuff whatever you want into it.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
goishen goishen I upgraded my catapult today :D

Stalker.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
woof. +dmg on LRM20s is so OP. I have a pair of LRM20++ but they're both crit/stability. Also don't have anything big enough to mount dual LRM20s without stripping so much armor off of it that a locust could probably bring it down in a single volley.

khorum

Murder Apologist

you get to refit your mechs soon after the first mission, but the chassis constrain what types of weapons you can mount.

Within those constraints there's a TON of depth tho.., i got two ac/5++ than turn the blackjack into an instant knockdown machine and I havent found a reason to take it off the roster just because of those rare guns.

• 1Salty

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
woof. +dmg on LRM20s is so OP. I have a pair of LRM20++ but they're both crit/stability. Also don't have anything big enough to mount dual LRM20s without stripping so much armor off of it that a locust could probably bring it down in a single volley.

3.5 Skull and up you'll start running into the frames large enough to mount LRM 20s to. I got lucky and took out the stalker pilot with injuries so I got the entire mech in one 4 skull mission, its also the only stalker I've ever seen. 50 LRMs raining down sounds like Chinese New Year in my living room, and I'm loving it.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
3.5 Skull and up you'll start running into the frames large enough to mount LRM 20s to. I got lucky and took out the stalker pilot with injuries so I got the entire mech in one 4 skull mission, its also the only stalker I've ever seen. 50 LRMs raining down sounds like Chinese New Year in my living room, and I'm loving it.

Yeah with the reinforcement bug I've been leery about going any higher than double skull missions. Even 1.5 skulls is a clusterfuck if I have to fight 6 fully armored mechs at once.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Any extra advice for salvaging a whole mech. Initially i was trying to double leg. I need to revisit now that i have called shot 2, but early what usually would happen is side/center torso would blow from misses before the legs (especially hitting ammo)

So Lately I've been trying like mass missile knockdown + killing a side torso, that's 2 wounds, Usually then reknockdown via a leg kill or blowing another side for 3 wounds, but by that point pretty good chance of CT popping even on heavier mechs.

I might try a machine gun boat because Ive noticed a lot of head hits with small weapons, meanwhile LRM40 with 16% chance to called shot to head and I havnt gotten shit for hits ever.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Any extra advice for salvaging a whole mech. Initially i was trying to double leg. I need to revisit now that i have called shot 2, but early what usually would happen is side/center torso would blow from misses before the legs (especially hitting ammo)

So Lately I've been trying like mass missile knockdown + killing a side torso, that's 2 wounds, Usually then reknockdown via a leg kill or blowing another side for 3 wounds, but by that point pretty good chance of CT popping even on heavier mechs.

I might try a machine gun boat because Ive noticed a lot of head hits with small weapons, meanwhile LRM40 with 16% chance to called shot to head and I havnt gotten shit for hits ever.

Try praying to Kerensky before each shot. I'm super happy when I get double salvage on a mech I want, no matter how skilled you get triples will always involve a lot of luck.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I got double salvage on a Battlemaster and a King Crab last mission, was so fucking crazy.

Was a 3.5 Skull mission, and thankfully those two started out "shoddy" or whatever that takes a huge amount of armor off. Double legged the crab and got a lucky PPC on the cockpit of the Battlemaster from my nimble Panther.

My skills are almost 7-8 across the board, been farming a shit ton of side missions for salvage.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I've just been farming Davion rep in preparation for the final battle.

Also if you've only been levelling up 4-5 mechwarriors, you may want to look into hiring more...

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
My workhorses. My other two are Battlemasters that I'm trying to upgrade to a pair of Atlas.

Still saving my Gauss rifle.

8BLcnzY.jpg

YKh5hva.jpg

• 1Like