Battletech

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Well, look at it this way;

Its not Star Citizen. These guys have at least actually delivered games from KS funding before (2 or 3 times if I recall correctly). At least something will be released 2017, and checking the track-record, it will be something decently fun to play
smile.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I am in because Battletech, smoking some hopium that makes me think this will turn out better then MWO.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This is also the first ever Kickstarter I have backed. Kickstarter is an affront to all that I stand for, but it's Battletech and these guys actually have a record of putting out solid, quality products via Kickstarter. I justified it by the fact that I'm saving a little money on a game I'm going to purchase anyhow.

khorum

Murder Apologist
The game has reached its final stretch goal with 28 hours to go. PVP multiplayer is in, any excess cash is going towards polishing the features already present.

If you've been holding off to back it to see if it would be successful first, well, now is your last chance to do so.
You know I don't mind the multiplayer thing, even if it comes down to the fact that Unity gives them multiplayer out of the box and they only promise some solaris arena thing. But since you mentioned excess resources going into polish I can can't help but think maybe those three interns they got working on the multiplayer side could've been better used iterating through a couple extra maps to be randomized for the procedural mission pool.

They must have the numbers on it somewhere, even if they just ask the Firaxis guys or something, but how much of the playerbase actually asked for turn-based multiplayer if it didn't have a metagame progression hook? I'm sure lots of players logged hundreds of hours in multiple xcom ironman clears, but how many of those played multiplayer more than once or twice?

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Only aggravation is as a backer I'd like to have had my key by now sitting safely in my email rather than worrying about launch day emails to CS about wheres my key.

• 1Triggered

Qhue

Trump's Staff
That is especially odd given the release on Steam...they could easily distribute such keys right now and the game would unlock at the correct time.

• 1Like

Sludig

Did I miss the MW: 5 Mercenaries discussion as well?

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries

Please be good....so far the demo was very disappointing.
Playable demo or just a video of some reporter doing it? I saw one of those, and you could tell how amazingly bad the guy was. Like Cuphead reviewer comically bad. Really made the game look worse by comparison. For action based gameplay, probably currently better off with MWO. I recently started playing again, and far less requiring of any RMT purchases so far it seems. Decent cash from games that I can buy/upgrade etc reasonably quick especially with events that award millions of coin for easy tasks now and then.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was in on Kickstarter Day 1. The combat-only beta was solid. Turn-based combat with a decent learning and skill curve. The campaign looks frickin awesome.

• 1Like

OneofOne

Gotta say, been watching some streaming on youtube tonight, and this game is looking better than I could have expected, with far more depth. And the star map, while tiny for the actual existing universe, is actually quite large - quite a lot of systems to go to. Been watching - he plays at a good pace. Some people take 5 minutes to decide where to move one mech...

• 1Like

OneofOne

So I ended up watching all of ^^ his videos on this (32 at ~30 min each - slow week at work...) and this is probably the most hyped I've been for any game release in an extremely long time. I'm really shocked at how little attention this board is giving it. It's damn near everything I've been hearing people say they want in a BattleTech game. Long storyline with endless side missions and continued play after the storyline ends, for more mechs, cash, and plus moar better mech weps/parts. Pilots you level up (that can die), a dropship as a home base that you can improve upon and build up, factions you work for that give access to better missions, higher level pilots to hire, mech and mech parts to buy, etc. All it's really missing at this point in time is online co-op play or a static map for the player base to fight over/on. Who knows if THAT will ever happen, but I have a strong feeling this game is going to be very successful, and they have mentioned they have plans for additional content in that case.

Maybe it's a case of a starving man finding a Saltine to be awesome, who knows.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Fanatical has a special on it already. $31.99
Fanatical <-- direct link no referral/tracking

Not sure what the release actually is and not an endorsement as I haven't been following it all that much yet but it popped on slickdeals.

Edit- looks normal price is $39.99 so $8 off.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Green Man Gaming also has a 20% discount on it with the code April20. Brings it down to $31.99, plus you get a copy of War Tech Fighters for free.

If you buy it on GoG you get Shadowrun Returns, the same studios previous game, for free.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So I ended up watching all of ^^ his videos on this (32 at ~30 min each - slow week at work...) and this is probably the most hyped I've been for any game release in an extremely long time. I'm really shocked at how little attention this board is giving it. It's damn near everything I've been hearing people say they want in a BattleTech game. Long storyline with endless side missions and continued play after the storyline ends, for more mechs, cash, and plus moar better mech weps/parts. Pilots you level up (that can die), a dropship as a home base that you can improve upon and build up, factions you work for that give access to better missions, higher level pilots to hire, mech and mech parts to buy, etc. All it's really missing at this point in time is online co-op play or a static map for the player base to fight over/on. Who knows if THAT will ever happen, but I have a strong feeling this game is going to be very successful, and they have mentioned they have plans for additional content in that case.

Maybe it's a case of a starving man finding a Saltine to be awesome, who knows.

This is the year of Battletech. I am psyched for everything coming out this year. I plan on getting this and played MWO for years. I am looking forward to MechWarrior 5 too.

• 1Like

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I've had to wait so fucking long for this. THIS GAME CANT SUCK. Battletech hasn't had any games that were good enough for fucking years. I read all those poorly written books, I play table top with my nerd bros. I lost decades where I should have had incredible games in this universe. The lore is easy to make great stories. The mech types/weapons are very western friendly.

After a billion years since Mechwarrior with polygon autocannon rounds, and Mechwarrior 2 when I was 12. I finally might kind of really have a future piloting the robots of my dreams.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users