Battletech

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hard to pre DL when cocksuckers still havnt sent steam code to backers.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Big picture battletech history up to the point the game begins. I found this quite good and cool as hell.

Sludig

As of yesterday the backer page forme showed still pending but I'll check tonight. Just seems odd they waited so longto distribute after ir went "gold"

Sludig

WRU time zone or region shenanigans to get me in early before I'm busy all week.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Yeah I want to play this game right now!

Been playing battletech since it came out and watching the shit out of gameplay. Soooo want to jump in to this.

Hoping I can play indefinitely on side missions and kit my shit out nice.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I'm hoping to make a brawler, but I don't know how useful it'll be. None of the twitch streamers that I've seen playing the game have actually made a brawler yet.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Like a bunch of ac/5 or 10 and long range stuff, or like, a hatchetman type.

Not anyone I have seen has many if any, Heavy Mechs, not seen an Assault yet.

OneofOne

Used to play MWO for a long time, but once they released the skill trees, I just stopped logging in. Having to do the skill tree for every.single.mech I owned/wanted to play, just seemed like too much work for a game I was slowly losing interest in. Looks like they have added a lot since then, though.

Brawler mech looks like it'll be great in this. One of the issues with the streamers I've seen is no one has really taken advantage of min/maxing armor. In fact most run around at 1/2 armor or so for most of their play time, and then wonder why enemy versions of the mechs they are playing are tougher... But AC20s are brutal, multiple SRM6's are just downright scary. Toss in a few machine guns/small lasers, and add in some special +melee items (I have seen them drop in videos) and that's one mech you do NOT want getting close to you. Certainly a mech I'd like to build.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Right, I'm just trying to imagine what kind'a build your mechwarrior would have. I'm thinking Guts And Piloting. Guts for when your pilot gets hurt, piloting to move your mech up the front quickly.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
If you plan to pilot a Medium mech, I have my eye on Gunnery OR Piloting. Breaching shot for mechs specced with single AC20's or PPC's with jumpjets. Piloting for more mobile ground mechs with mixed weapons.

if you plan on piloting a Heavy or Assault, I think Guts is a must, Bulwark is amazing. Not sold on Juggernaut though, perhaps Breaching shot might be more useful (since you'll want Multi-target), or even Master Tactician.

For light mechs and missile boats, Tactics and Gunnery/Piloting look good.

Frankly all the skills are really good, you could make a solid argument for just about any combination depending on how you plan to use the mech. Personally I plan to build an assault lance of Atlas and Battlemasters and just stomp all over people using Bulwark.

The passive skills are not to be overlooked.

Gunnery – all ranks: +2.5% base ranged weapon hit chance per point

Piloting – all ranks: +2.5% base melee hit chance per point
  • Rank 4: +1 max Evasion, +1 Unsteady Threshold
  • Rank 6: +20% sprint distance
  • Rank 7: +1 max Evasion for a total of +2
  • Rank 9: +1 Unsteady Threshold for a total of +2
  • Rank 10: When performing a ‘Death from Above,’ this unit takes 25% less damage to its legs.

Guts

• Rank 4: +1 Health
  • Rank 5: -1 Recoil Penalty
  • Rank 6: +15 Overheat Threshold (redesigned, used to be 5 for every guts skill point)
  • Rank 7: +1 more Health (+2 total)
  • Rank 8: -1 Recoil Penalty, for a total of -2,
  • Rank 9: +15 Overheat Threshold, for a total of +30
  • Rank 10: +1 more Health (+3 total)

Tactics
  • Rank 4: -1 Indirect Fire Penalty
  • Rank 5: -45 Minimum Range,
  • Rank 6: “Called Shot Bonus”
  • Rank 7: -1 more Indirect Fire Penalty for a total of -2
  • Rank 8: -45 Minimum Range, for a total of -90
  • Rank 9: “Called Shot Mastery”
  • Rank 10: Eliminates Indirect Fire Penalty

Last edited:

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
If I can roll with a Centurian and pretend to be Kai Allard Liao then the 12 year old me will be in heaven.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user