Battletech

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's made nearly a million in a day with a full month to go. I think it does have a real chance of getting there.
Yeah but didn't DOS2 do the same and it just barely got past it's 2M stretch goal? I'd argue that game even is more fresh in people's minds than mech games which were more popular a decade ago.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea, the previous Shadowrun titles were all already pretty big successes, and people love Mechwarrior maybe even more. It translates to a game better, and the only Mechwarrior people have gotten in the last what, decade? Has been that shitpile that is MWO. They're already at a million within a few days opening, so hitting 2.5 seems like a slam dunk.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I will definitely buy a copy when it releases. Not spending money until then, though. Tired of eternal alpha testing and junk like that.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I can't wait. Might re-read all my books.

rrr_img_111436.jpg

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah but didn't DOS2 do the same and it just barely got past it's 2M stretch goal? I'd argue that game even is more fresh in people's minds than mech games which were more popular a decade ago.
DOS2 made $534k it's first day, end of kickstarter total + PayPal = $2.07mil

Battletech made $709k on it's first day. I could see it making $2.5mil easily.

Tauro

Heh Nidhogg, you got about 60 books? Should last you till release
wink.png

I bought the first 12 books used from Amazon, will be enough until beta at least...

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I collected them growing up, so I have the entire series from first printing til they re-named the series Mechwarrior after Wizkids bought out FASA.

The entire book series is actually really good, lot of political intrigue - the mech fights were filler.

Tenks

I collected them growing up, so I have the entire series from first printing til they re-named the series Mechwarrior after Wizkids bought out FASA.

The entire book series is actually really good, lot of political intrigue - the mech fights were filler.
Hm. Would a 30 year old enjoy them or are they written more for young adult consumption?

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I would say they are actually geared towards a more adult crowd. A lot of the nuances and political maneuvering are lost on younger audiences. I haven't read them in a long time, but definitely a great series. Some of the books are so-so, but it comes down to the authors. Coleman and Stackpole are probably the best.

kaxfenix

N00b
First book series I ever read was Blood of Kerensky trilogy by Stackpole. Loved it.. The collector in me wishes I could get a hold of Hard covers for those three books have stackpole sign them and call it a day!

As of this post they are on their way to 1,300,000..

This will get FULLY funded ( I hope )

khorum

Murder Apologist
They're already at 1.2 mill with 33 days to go. I only really care about them hitting 1.85mill for the procedural missions and open-ended campaign. Couldn't give less of a shit for solaris-type arena PVP tbh.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
They're already at 1.2 mill with 33 days to go. I only really care about them hitting 1.85mill for the procedural missions and open-ended campaign. Couldn't give less of a shit for solaris-type arena PVP tbh.
That's where I'm at. I went ahead and dived in at 25 dollars when they hit 1 mil, and as long as they hit the 1.85 or a bit above it for some of the sub goals in that section then I'm satisfied.

Tenks

Same 1.85M was my desire. If they hit that I'll probably throw my kickstarter behind them.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'd be more enthusiastic for the PVP if it wasn't Solaris 7 and was instead a multiplayer version of the campaign or procedurally generated maps. My first impulse is to think that they are trying to go with the easiest/cheapest solution to a potential PVP stretch goal, but then again I might be completely wrong on that.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
PS: Next Friday 10/16 at 10:30 AM PDT, Mike will be doing an AMA on Reddit to talk about both BATTLETECH and his work on the Shadowrun series. Bring your best questions about our games, art and games in general, or working in the game industry! Or if nothing else, he'll be happy to share lots of pictures of his cats.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
This game is closing in on the 1.8 it needs for the expanded single player. Get Hype.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
OK so, this is going to be Mech Commander v2?

Kind of want? I used to love playing Battletech: Solaris on Gamestorm.

Stalker + one shot overload layout and just play skeet shooter with dumbass lights/mediums that don't realize you can just wait for your jumpjet to apogee and obliterate then.