Battletech

Rockstar

Trakanon Raider
There's a post on the Battletech subreddit about modifying a file to make the gameplay go faster. Apparently there are many intentional delays (eg. ~two second pauses after enemy fires) which can be removed. I'm testing it now and it seems to make the game much more playable. You can also change the speed the mechs walk at (but this is more tedious to do).

The end result is that turns go quicker and less time spent waiting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Aww man so gipped. I legged the boss in the final mission but it wasn't available as salvage. Its LosTech was though :D

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well hold on, is Heat Bank lostech? I have one but not sure where I got it.

No. Lostech is double heat sinks, ER energy weapons, pulse lasers, and the gauss rifle. Heat banks and exchangers are random lootable equipment like cockpit reinforcement or target tracking systems.

Lostech is also very different from clan tech. Technological innovation in the Inner Sphere has been almost completely stagnant ever since the Star League collapsed whereas it has proceeded normally in clan space and the clans never lost the ability to make the components that are considered Lostech in the Inner Sphere. So a Clan ER PPC is about 200 years more sophisticated than a Star League era ER PPC. Omnimechs are also not Lostech, they were created by the clans after the exodus.

Last edited:

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Final missions were kinda easy compared to the missions I'e been grinding. But the reward was TOTALLY worth it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
First mission after I finish the game, head to Marik space, boom two Atlas in the same mission.

lol must be gated to the post game if you got two on your very first mission. How do you like fitting one compared to a king crab?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
lol must be gated to the post game if you got two on your very first mission. How do you like fitting one compared to a king crab?

It's a tight fit.

fn9v6q9.jpg

HFzeKBR.jpg

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
There's a post on the Battletech subreddit about modifying a file to make the gameplay go faster. Apparently there are many intentional delays (eg. ~two second pauses after enemy fires) which can be removed. I'm testing it now and it seems to make the game much more playable. You can also change the speed the mechs walk at (but this is more tedious to do).

The end result is that turns go quicker and less time spent waiting.

i posted it a page or two back

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Yeah the nice thing about Clan tech, from what I recall, you still have the nice stuff like Gauss/Lrg Pulse Laser, etc, but the tonnage and damage are better.

I hope they wait a long time before doing 3050, there is so much stuff between 3025 and 3050

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
RNG is a total bitch. Freaking Cicada that would.not.die used his machine guns to inflict 4 head injuries, 4 turns in a row, on the same pilot. Like wtf? It was like a 3 Stooges routine where my mechs were trying to shoot and punch him, and he ended up a stick figure with machine guns before buying it. Not sure if more amused or irritated.

Fadaar

That guy
As if Glitch has ever survived any campaign long enough to shoot at an Atlas.

Funny you say that, mine died early on and has been the only casualty I've had. I learned to reload missions otherwise.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Funny you say that, mine died early on and has been the only casualty I've had. I learned to reload missions otherwise.

Actually mine has spent so little time in the medbay that she's about to be my first pilot with all 10s. Behemoth has been my injury magnet, but she's still alive and kicking.
I have never played a game in this genre. Would this be a fun first start?

TBH this isn't a very good game if you aren't already a Battletech fan. Maybe after it gets some patches and polish.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I lost Behemoth and Dekker early.

Glitch one-shots faggots in the face.

• 1Like