Batwoman

Goatface

its already hit bottom
will probably go a lot lower. the 1st show did gain, +40% ish in the live+3 numbers, 2,648mil total and .7 in demo
still lower than what other shows were gaining last season, but some might be picked up by the their app
cw current line up, only 5 of 11 got over a million viewers on their last esp.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, they just don't understand that. We're all just rich asshole white men who don't understand them!
Its is truly like somewhere along the way business people decided to violate one of the foundational tenets of good business. That tenet being dont alienate your customers. It's why for so many decades we had the same formulaic television shows. They follow the same formula because they appeal to the widest possible audience. This is the entertainment industry version of the diner who puts a sign in the window "Republicans not welcome". Every customer matters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Its is truly like somewhere along the way business people decided to violate one of the foundational tenets of good business. That tenet being dont alienate your customers. It's why for so many decades we had the same formulaic television shows. They follow the same formula because they appeal to the widest possible audience. This is the entertainment industry version of the diner who puts a sign in the window "Republicans not welcome". Every customer matters.
The best though are the are media articles blaming men for this show`s failure. It was marketed aggressively against men. The star even said in an interview that us old white guys need to watch something else. Sooooooooooo ok, we will! And now they are mad about it. I hope this show lasts for 5 seasons and takes down the entire network with. The cw tried to pull a captain marvel but without and endgame or the disneybucks to buy up theater seats to make it look profitable.

• 1Like

Goatface

wanted to see some of the headlines for the show....

1571166021031.png

1571166419986.png

1571166552774.png

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i always see "entertainment articles" with headlines like "internet trolls are review bombing ____" and i'm like, what a creative way to save yourself from listening to critics. also, what a creative way to make sure i don't read that article

this is what happens when the generation raised on "you are a special and unique butterfly" grows up and starts writing acting and directing things.

• 1Like

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Bahahahahah. Sorry, I'm fine with female leads, strong female actors, and stories that contain them.
I dont care for my shows to put their overarching wymmin-power messaging emblazoned on the soles of their hot iron shoe treads and then step on my neck with said shoes to get their message across.
Bahahahah, lordy they need some better writers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Bahahahahah. Sorry, I'm fine with female leads, strong female actors, and stories that contain them.
I dont care for my shows to put their overarching wymmin-power messaging emblazoned on the soles of their hot iron shoe treads and then step on my neck with said shoes to get their message across.
I have watched the first 2 episodes and this isnt any worse than Arrow or Flash levels of virtue signaling. I think they learned that they wont get the Arrow watchers if they go hard into it like Supergirl does.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I have watched the first 2 episodes and this isnt any worse than Arrow or Flash levels of virtue signaling. I think they learned that they wont get the Arrow watchers if they go hard into it like Supergirl does.
BW and SG have almost exactly the same ratings, its not going to suddenly turn around for BW. perhaps if they move the time slot so they have a better leadin than reruns of Blackish, maybe it can gain some better numbers. and you cant blame sunday night football because that horrible shit on ABC about kids triples the CW numbers.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah this whole "men are intimidated are by strong female leads" is crap. If Netflix Daredevil wasnt so amazing, Jessica Jones would be my favorite Netflix Marvel show. The new show Stumptown is so far so good. The Last Jedi trilogy is... wait. Scratch that one. The Last Jedi trilogy is dogshit.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's almost as if the majority of American doesnt care to watch SJW influenced tales.
Or no one watches live TV anymore. I will eventually watch episode 2. The first episode was exactly what I have come to expect from a CW DC show. If anyone's expectations were higher then more of the same you were probably shooting for too much.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah this whole "men are intimidated are by strong female leads" is crap. If Netflix Daredevil wasnt so amazing, Jessica Jones would be my favorite Netflix Marvel show. The new show Stumptown is so far so good. The Last Jedi trilogy is... wait. Scratch that one. The Last Jedi trilogy is dogshit.

it's like people conveniently forget about edge of tomorrow, terminator 2, mad max fury road, alien(s)... BUT MEN ARE AFRAID OF STRONG WOMEN! yes, we are afraid of strong women being forgotten.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
it's like people conveniently forget about edge of tomorrow, terminator 2, mad max fury road, alien(s)... BUT MEN ARE AFRAID OF STRONG WOMEN! yes, we are afraid of strong women being forgotten.

It's only because of the media and this #metoo/virtue signaling over the last few years. So all these women just can't stfu about it. Supergirl didn't start out that bad, but as the times moved on they just added more and more of it onto the show. Hell we had lesbian/bi characters since season 1 Arrow with Sara Lance. Notice how no one complains she is the lead on Legends. Probably because she's not out there putting down her male audience.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Or no one watches live TV anymore. I will eventually watch episode 2. The first episode was exactly what I have come to expect from a CW DC show. If anyone's expectations were higher then more of the same you were probably shooting for too much.
waffles

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The star even said in an interview that us old white guys need to watch something else.

I didn't know this. It helps me make up my mind that I'm going to jackoff while watching the show. So far I've just sort of been fondling my balls wondering if I could get there. I need to send her a message letting her know.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I didn't know this. It helps me make up my mind that I'm going to jackoff while watching the show. So far I've just sort of been fondling my balls wondering if I could get there. I need to send her a message letting her know.
its actually rather amazing how unbelievably stupid these people can be.
do they not want me to watch their show?

'Some people might not see themselves on the screen and therefore not see the point. But there's obviously plenty of shows for people like that. There's plenty of shows for old white men'

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i was wondering how many views CW is getting on their app/webpage. heard the app was a chunky mess, but web player seemed to be better than most.
I watch the CW stuff on the roku app. Never had an issue.

Sterling

El Presidente
Stopped watching the CW shows a couple seasons ago. They were relatively fun shows. Eventually they went from superhero shows with CW casts, to CW shows with some superhero stuff and they stopped being worth watching for me.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users