Batwoman

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
when a thing like this happens, its usually not a matter of her saying, "lolz later , bitches!" its more of a "the studio wants her out , right now before shooting begins". either its as you said she is incapacitated from her fucked up lifestyle, or it could be the usual reason, she wanted more money. studio says, WTF? she says, gimme gimme gimme and then they say, get fucked, you arent worth more money and this show already has no budget.
She almost got paralyzed doing a show stunt. Not a lifestyle thing.

Ruby Rose undergoes emergency surgery after stunt injury almost leaves her paralyzed

Last edited:

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
weak bones from her vegan lifestyle?
giphy.gif

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Bleh. More shenanigans of the DC universe. It always seemed to me that Marvel was better at humanizing it's superheroes than DC. Meanwhile, on the other hand, DC was better at humanizing their villains, for the most part.

That's not to say that they didn't try and humanize their heroes, it's just that they kept going back to the same old stories over and over and over again.

I dunno, my 2 cents.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Bleh. More shenanigans of the DC universe. It always seemed to me that Marvel was better at humanizing it's superheroes than DC. Meanwhile, on the other hand, DC was better at humanizing their villains, for the most part.

That's not to say that they didn't try and humanize their heroes, it's just that they kept going back to the same old stories over and over and over again.

I dunno, my 2 cents.

Well, it speaks to a dichotomy that I think contrasts Marvel v. DC the same way that it contrasts Star Trek v. Star Wars. Warning, I'm about to go on a small scale rant....

They're both superficially similar in form. One is a vehicle which tells personable relatable stories and presents social conflicts of the time in the guise of it's medium (i.e. X-men = minorities, Every non-human race on Star Trek being an analogy to a non-US country here, etc) which make them decent vehicles for "social awareness" and such.... The other is a vehicle best suited for telling classic mode stories leveraging iconic characters in more black and white mode. (The Fallen Prodigal Son redeemed, and the Hero's journey in Star Wars, the Iconic Trinity in DC of Batman/Superman/Wonderwoman essentially representing Id/Superego/Ego with each always having a clear cut villain to fight)

When one tries to be the other they always fail.

The current Star Trek movies aren't resonating as well with traditional Trek fans because they're becoming summer popcorn good guy/bad guy space fights. (i.e. Iconic characters, black and white conflict)
The current Star Wars movies are resonating with traditional Star Wars fans because they're trying to tell current social justice and awareness stories in a universe designed for iconic characters and black/white conflicts.

DCAU is doing great because they know how to stick to what works for them (Hi2u Harley Quinn Animated Series!). Arrowverse has the same set of characters and is slowly spiraling down because they're trying to be "people in halls talking about their feelings" combined with "Look at how socially aware we are". The movies, damn... we shouldn't even get started with the "look at how aware we are" the movies are (Hi2u Harley Quinn Live Action Movie!).

MCU managed to tell personal stories of the characters, while weaving a large scope cosmic level conflict, but it was driven by how good the characters were, because that's what they're built for. Tony Stark's personal demons, Peter Parker dealing with coming of age, and even on the Fox Side limited success while they were doing Mutants being discriminated against, then failing miserably when they tried to shift into "Iconic Good v. Evil" with Apocalypse.

Back to Batwoman.... If this series survives season 2 will hinge not only on recasting the lead, but changing how the show is at it's core. The Bat is an iconic symbol, needs an icon villian to drive and fight against. It's OK for her to be a lesbian, but the show can't be ABOUT her being a lesbian. It's OK that she's establishing that people can respect a woman in the cowl, but it can't be ALL ABOUT her forcing down "the patriarchy". They essentially need to "De-CW" the Arrowverse as a whole. The saving grace for all of this might end up being DC doing more of the production rather than the CW, Stargirl as a interim of this, and in case you haven't yet go check out the live action Doom Patrol. Both DC Universe for the most part and avoiding a lot of the CW nonsense. (Might be too early to tell on Stargirl, but it's promising up front).

...end rant. You can all go back to complaining about how she's our collective least favorite kind of lesbian now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well, it speaks to a dichotomy that I think contrasts Marvel v. DC the same way that it contrasts Star Trek v. Star Wars. Warning, I'm about to go on a small scale rant....

They're both superficially similar in form. One is a vehicle which tells personable relatable stories and presents social conflicts of the time in the guise of it's medium (i.e. X-men = minorities, Every non-human race on Star Trek being an analogy to a non-US country here, etc) which make them decent vehicles for "social awareness" and such.... The other is a vehicle best suited for telling classic mode stories leveraging iconic characters in more black and white mode. (The Fallen Prodigal Son redeemed, and the Hero's journey in Star Wars, the Iconic Trinity in DC of Batman/Superman/Wonderwoman essentially representing Id/Superego/Ego with each always having a clear cut villain to fight)

When one tries to be the other they always fail.

The current Star Trek movies aren't resonating as well with traditional Trek fans because they're becoming summer popcorn good guy/bad guy space fights. (i.e. Iconic characters, black and white conflict)
The current Star Wars movies are resonating with traditional Star Wars fans because they're trying to tell current social justice and awareness stories in a universe designed for iconic characters and black/white conflicts.

DCAU is doing great because they know how to stick to what works for them (Hi2u Harley Quinn Animated Series!). Arrowverse has the same set of characters and is slowly spiraling down because they're trying to be "people in halls talking about their feelings" combined with "Look at how socially aware we are". The movies, damn... we shouldn't even get started with the "look at how aware we are" the movies are (Hi2u Harley Quinn Live Action Movie!).

MCU managed to tell personal stories of the characters, while weaving a large scope cosmic level conflict, but it was driven by how good the characters were, because that's what they're built for. Tony Stark's personal demons, Peter Parker dealing with coming of age, and even on the Fox Side limited success while they were doing Mutants being discriminated against, then failing miserably when they tried to shift into "Iconic Good v. Evil" with Apocalypse.

Back to Batwoman.... If this series survives season 2 will hinge not only on recasting the lead, but changing how the show is at it's core. The Bat is an iconic symbol, needs an icon villian to drive and fight against. It's OK for her to be a lesbian, but the show can't be ABOUT her being a lesbian. It's OK that she's establishing that people can respect a woman in the cowl, but it can't be ALL ABOUT her forcing down "the patriarchy". They essentially need to "De-CW" the Arrowverse as a whole. The saving grace for all of this might end up being DC doing more of the production rather than the CW, Stargirl as a interim of this, and in case you haven't yet go check out the live action Doom Patrol. Both DC Universe for the most part and avoiding a lot of the CW nonsense. (Might be too early to tell on Stargirl, but it's promising up front).

...end rant. You can all go back to complaining about how she's our collective least favorite kind of lesbian now.
here is my hope. its not a prediction, its not a leak. its just my hope. my hope is they saw how well recieved Stargirl was and so they decided to ditch the woke bullshit and get back to the campy superhero crimefighting we all know and love. very slim chance that happens, but with Ruby taking a powder whether voluntary or involuntary, it makes the little DC fanboy inside me dream about such things.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The show is renewed for season 2. They already announced Batwoman will be recast but only someone from the LGBTQ community.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
here is my hope. its not a prediction, its not a leak. its just my hope. my hope is they saw how well recieved Stargirl was and so they decided to ditch the woke bullshit and get back to the campy superhero crimefighting we all know and love. very slim chance that happens, but with Ruby taking a powder whether voluntary or involuntary, it makes the little DC fanboy inside me dream about such things.

This would work well with my Adrienne Palicki Batwoman fantasy...

• 1Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Well pretty sure she'll never work for a Warners movie or TV show ever again. She pulled that shit right after they had just announced the big Batwoman/Superman crossover for next year. They also just cast Bruce Wayne on the show. I would LoL my pants off if they write her out and just make it a Batman show. Their biggest save would be for them to intro the Barbara Gordon Batgirl and have her take over the show. As much as people yell SJW shit at this show. It wasn't forced on you nearly as much as Supergirl.

Also this 100% had to do with her accident I bet as well. Even if they deny it. She easily had a 6 season contract as that's what all the other lead CW show actors had.
few.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So she... almost? got paralyzed? As in she came out of it fine? Sounds like simple risk assessment, most times you're the 99%, sucks to be the 1%.
i think he means she is a dumb bitch who almost permanently wrecked herself, shes not fine because she's still a dumb fuckin bitch.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I would be shocked if she wasn't fired with how poor the show has done.
the ratings for Supergirl was almost as bad and they havent cancelled it yet and butterface is still the lead actress. so while i think Ruby was probably fired, i dont know if they plan on cancelling the show. we have to see what they announce for Supergirl. if thet cancel that then Batwoman is confirmed cancelled. if they pick up Supergirl for yet another abominable season. then nothing is cancelled and Ruby probably noped out due to money or some other reason.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
the ratings for Supergirl was almost as bad and they havent cancelled it yet and butterface is still the lead actress. so while i think Ruby was probably fired, i dont know if they plan on cancelling the show. we have to see what they announce for Supergirl. if thet cancel that then Batwoman is confirmed cancelled. if they pick up Supergirl for yet another abominable season. then nothing is cancelled and Ruby probably noped out due to money or some other reason.

They said in the linked article that Batwoman is getting season 2

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I would be shocked if she wasn't fired with how poor the show has done.
I would rather they kept Batwoman than Supergirl. Unless this is all specifically Ruby Rose hate, and you haven't actually watched the show, the SJW shit is not that bad. Mind you, I am not a huge fan of Ruby Rose. I don't find her particularly a good actress or even that attractive. The only difference though between this and Arrow relationship wise is that Batwoman is gay here. I just find it strange that you are soo hyper focused on this show when the real shit show is Supergirl. They got Tranny's and gay relationships galore over there all while making SJW specific episodes. I mean.. I get it... I'd fuck the shit out of Melissa Benoist though.

I just hope they get a good replacement. This show was a guaranteed second season the minute they cast Bruce Wayne/Batman in the season finale. I don't even wanna know how many hoops they had to jump through. Maybe it's because the Batman movie shit is still a bit off but DC would only let them barely hint at Batman on Arrow.

And yes, I watch this shit as background trash because I'm just a comic geek. I am starting to lose interest in Flash as well. Mainly cuz I am tired of the "poor Barry" drama. Legends is the shit though.