Batwoman

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
There's no way they're cancelling Supergirl.

Yeah, all the CW DC shows got picked up for new seasons already. They shunted Supergirl too a delayed delayed release along with Legends because Batwoman is the crossover with the new Superman show. All the 2020-2021 seasons are going to be 13 episodes due to Kung Flu.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Rose was "unhappy with the long hours required of her as the series lead, which led to friction on set."

1_We3cuit-POpN4Sa-GU-9lw.jpeg

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Nearly paralyzed? Nah. Long hours? Fuck that.
The long hours and filming time is a thing. Remember that TV is a step back from movies and these shows film for like 16 hour days for 9 months of the year. It is why they may lose Grant Gustin soon and one of the main reasons Amell left.

Cybsled

Richard Dean Andrerson left Stargate as regular because of time commitment. It happens.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The long hours and filming time is a thing. Remember that TV is a step back from movies and these shows film for like 16 hour days for 9 months of the year. It is why they may lose Grant Gustin soon and one of the main reasons Amell left.
Amell's contract was up and they didnt renew him or they did and they gave a shitty offer. Rose was already on a TV series, none of this was new to her.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Amell's contract was up and they didnt renew him or they did and they gave a shitty offer. Rose was already on a TV series, none of this was new to her.
He was gonna quit after season 7. He said on facebook that they threw so much money at him to do season 8 it would be irresponsible for him not to take it. If you notice he doesn't even talk about that Arrow shit anymore. He wanted out.

Also there is a difference between 8 episodes for Orange than 22 episodes on Batwoman.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He was gonna quit after season 7. He said on facebook that they threw so much money at him to do season 8 it would be irresponsible for him not to take it. If you notice he doesn't even talk about that Arrow shit anymore. He wanted out.

Also there is a difference between 8 episodes for Orange than 22 episodes on Batwoman.
i used to follow him on fb when i still was active on there and yeah, he never seemed all that jazzed about the role, i just assumed he was tired of keeping in salmon ladder shape for all those years. but he is a stark difference from Rose who was in HORRIBLE physical condition and she barely managed a single season. im sorry man, she's a loser. Supergirl is still chugging along after 5 or more years and i bet she could turn RR into a pretzel.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
im sorry man, she's a loser.

Hah, I don't really care. I am pretty sure this was a mutual thing where she wanted to leave and the CW guys were like "Cya." I feel bad for the rest of the cast cuz most of them were not horrible. The last few episodes with Hush were pretty interesting and like I said the Bruce Wayne casting was huge for an Arrowverse show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Hah, I don't really care. I am pretty sure this was a mutual thing where she wanted to leave and the CW guys were like "Cya." I feel bad for the rest of the cast cuz most of them were not horrible. The last few episodes with Hush were pretty interesting and like I said the Bruce Wayne casting was huge for an Arrowverse show.
I never watched an episode of this show, so I can't comment on its content, and I'm certainly not a super-rich-and-famous Hollywood insider like Screamfeeder, but I would bet money that they did not just mutually come to an agreement. Losing your lead star has got to be THE biggest kiss of death for a show there is. Particularly after you've already announced that it will be renewed and had your season finale where you didn't get to do ANY kind of setup for a transition to another character.

I mean, think about it. If she wants more money, despite how shitty the show is doing, it is still much more cost effective to give her some more than to go through the entire casting process again, and then have that new person get up to speed and integrate with the cast. Even if Ruby Rose hated everyone all the way down to the lighting guy, and they all hated her back, she at least had SOME amount of familiarity with how things worked episode to episode. If she just wanted to be done, I guarantee that they tried to keep her, at least half-heartedly, and a few lawyers sat down with her and explained to her exactly how fucked she would be if she voided her contract, in an effort to avoid recasting. They probably even offered her a partial season or even just a couple of episodes so that they could write in some way to explain her leaving and a new character taking over. You do not just casually let your lead actor walk out the door with nothing but a fuck you and no concern about what state she left the storyline in.

Like I said, I'd bet money they tried almost everything reasonable to keep her around, even if for a couple of episodes. Even 15 minutes of the Season 2 premiere, they could at least do something to half-assed explain her absence. I firmly believe it was not a "mutual thing". That makes zero Hollywood sense. Now, if it turns out that they fired her for some reason (which I find doubtful, but who knows), then she must have literally eaten a baby on set or something (maybe she implied that Trump wasn't wrong or something) for them to boot her out without making her film a transition scene or something. You just don't fuck over your show like that if you can in any way avoid it. I feel this had to have been all on her, whatever the reason was.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Guarantee it's about salary negotiations that failed.

Ruby: "I nearly got killed on set and I'm putting in way more time than I thought I would, if you want me back for season 2, get your checkbook out."
Studio: "This show barely brings in any viewers and is being made on a shoestring budget as it is. There's simply no more money for you."
Ruby: "I guess I'll just walk then."
Studio: "I guess you will, cya."

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reasons actors leave after "mutual agreement" in TV shows:

- Very difficult to work with (second-guessing everything, asking for "more involvement" like director / producer credits, think Wesley Snipes during Blade 2 and 3 and everything after)

- Family (the genuine one, someone's ill, something happened, might happen, wife / husband seeking divorce, your children don't watch your show, come on it could happen to anyone)

- Family (the fake one, like being outed, outing, having legal issues, social media / late shows breakdown or calling out Holywood in general, it's the Kevin Spacey / Mel Gibson one)

- Creative differences (failed attempt to replace director / producer / writer on set with not enough executive power, "it's me or him", said Christian Bale during Terminator Salvation)

- Personal reasons (this one is usually drugs, pills, alcohol, violence, hair, plastic surgery, cult, MMO or sex rehab, "I'm travolting'" he said from some remote Colorado facility)

- Conflicting schedules (some broke polish auteur really wants you tomorrow on the set of his next psychodrame film and your agent is definitive about "your moment, don't waste it")

- Wasn't part of the team (well you DID something to some fellow actor and THAT didn't seem consensual at all, let's just part ways and who are you again? pending formal indictment)

- I don't like it (only works if you're already a Holywood powerhouse figure and your agent did a bad job explaining yours, "it's too confusing" also works well if you're actually very old)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Guarantee it's about salary negotiations that failed.

Ruby: "I nearly got killed on set and I'm putting in way more time than I thought I would, if you want me back for season 2, get your checkbook out."
Studio: "This show barely brings in any viewers and is being made on a shoestring budget as it is. There's simply no more money for you."
Ruby: "I guess I'll just walk then."
Studio: "I guess you will, cya."
the default is always money. you start from there and then if thats been eliminated you pick something else. if she didnt like working on the show then she wouldnt have waited til the season was over and catch the studio with their pants down. thats a big fuck you to a large company like Warner. if she pulls out over money its still a fuck you, but its one they expected because they knew she would be trying to negotiate for more. maybe they didnt know she would be asking for the amount she did ask for. just guessing here. my opinion, she didnt like that the she was attached to a TV show that was a turkey and so she wanted out before it ruined "her brand". maybe her ego got in the way and so she told her agent to ask for some unreasonable amount of money so they would say no.

Cybsled

Most actors typically have multi year contracts on shows (usually 7 years, which is why so many shows don’t go past 7 seasons). Salary negotiation doesn’t make sense since I cant see them doing some one year contract type deal

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Most actors typically have multi year contracts on shows (usually 7 years, which is why so many shows don’t go past 7 seasons). Salary negotiation doesn’t make sense since I cant see them doing some one year contract type deal
Yeah all the Arrowverse leads had 6 season contracts I am pretty sure.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most actors typically have multi year contracts on shows

That's not really the default deal anymore, unless you're A+ list in a major broadcast TV show in 2020, there's no exclusive contract anymore, it's a thing from the past where 1960 Holywood acted like stables with resident actors. Nowadays with social media and global market it's actually very hard (and kind of pointless) to retain actors, especially in the TV show business where you actually develop seasons on a quite tight, busy schedule (to cut production costs). It's more of a handshake market where most actors would show up because they have to fill up their schedule.

What's happening to be more of a default deal these days is production / marketing deals. Some actors have a "show up" contract where whenever the show they're on is up, they have to make public appearances. A lot of them (via their talent agencies) retain a "what if" clause, it's the thing you sometimes see during a cast invitation to some show "and "BonduMcRantface" couldn't be here tonight because he's already on X set". The "public appereance" clause is kind of a big deal, that's why you see some random actor's usually quiet instagram / twitter account getting Genghiskhan'd about their latest TV show / movie.

I'm not saying back in the day Kiefer Sutherland didn't get a nice contract for 24, Gandolfini for The Sopranos, Jon Hamm for Mad Men or Michael C Hall for Dexter, I'm saying studios learned from their mistakes and unless you're a well established main character in the top 10 TV shows right now, and even then, there's no way your agent is gonna get that deal, because it's not how TV development works these days, they'd rather scuttle a TV show than give you more money.

I don't watch Batgirl and I've only watched Ruby Rose in OITNB or John Wick but I can assure you TV show cemetery is full of people doing bad decisions at bad times. It's a highly competitive, lucky, nepotist, who's who market where you can make huge money one day and then doing casting calls or instagram endorsments the next day because that's how it goes. Having thousands in your account only last up to your next paycheck. TV show wise unless you're working in some affiliate mexican production it's definitely not as demanding as almost every TV show is produced. Most actors deal with it. Who knows about Ruby Rose, maybe the production was a dangerous, safety concerns shitshow, maybe she got greedy or maybe she actually watched the show and figured it was a career deadlock.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Are they going to pretend it's the same person or have her die and bring in someone to take up the mantle? My guess would be the black love interest, but I don't know if she's got the required carpet munching skills.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Are they going to pretend it's the same person or have her die and bring in someone to take up the mantle? My guess would be the black love interest, but I don't know if she's got the required carpet munching skills.

In a perfect world they would say fuck Batwoman and just make it a Batman show. My second choice would be that they write the Kane character off and bring in Barbara Gordon. That would basically kill off all the cast but Fox and the Crows. I am pretty sure it's going to be a recast with an "up and coming" actress. They would have to be bold to go after a bigger actress and risk another Ruby Rose debacle.

Where is my asexual/aromantic hero? I feel unrepresented.
Gary is on Legends.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users