Batwoman

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
this Batwoman thing hasnt gotten any better, they had the comic con in san diego and Ruby Rose chickened out of the discussion panel.
the face of the show cant be bothered to discuss the show, or is too chickenshit she is going to get roasted by nerds.
then CW puts out this gem of a trailer
they even had some lame batwoman graffiti painted o a wall and a pink bat signal.
CW also secretly removed all their previous craptastic batwoman trailers off their youtube channel.
they should have cancelled this show with the first trailer. this is going to be brutal.
That trailer made my eyes roll so hard it physically hurt.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i like ruby rose... i think she's a little delusional, as she's said she wanted to transition to a male when she was younger but didn't go through with it for some reason. she's happy being androgynous, which, is fine, that's her schtick. the issue is that people keep putting identity politics where it doesn't belong. ruby herself doesn't actually seem to be all that outspoken about being woke. she's talked about being confused and wanting role models that she could look up to, but that's hardly unique. i think every human being has been in an emotional state where they are confused about SOME aspect of themselves and feeling like they have no guidance.

the difference seems to be from the higher ups wanting to make a big scene about it all, like they should be praised when it just feels ham fisted. i mean, maybe i'd guess that ruby signed on because it was supposed to be an openly gay superhero, where her sexuality wasn't a hindrance in some form or another, but then once she showed up for work she had to read all these terrible lines and now she's just embarrassed.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The issue is technology has changed our world in ways we never considered. Has Hollywood always been full of liberals, sexual deviants and pedophiles? Yeah, pretty much. Charlie Chaplin, Fatty Arbuckle and Errol Flynn to name a few. So today's woke crowd is nothing new. The difference is now with the internet and social media we all know about it. If Ruby Rose was a film star in the 20's 99% of America would know nothing of her sexual identity issues or thoughts on pansexualism. It would be pretty much all about "not a great actress but has a tight little ass. Cant wait to see her in her leather Bat outfit".

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The issue is technology has changed our world in ways we never considered. Has Hollywood always been full of liberals, sexual deviants and pedophiles? Yeah, pretty much. Charlie Chaplin, Fatty Arbuckle and Errol Flynn to name a few. So today's woke crowd is nothing new. The difference is now with the internet and social media we all know about it. If Ruby Rose was a film star in the 20's 99% of America would know nothing of her sexual identity issues or thoughts on pansexualism. It would be pretty much all about "not a great actress but has a tight little ass. Cant wait to see her in her leather Bat outfit".
arbuckle died close to a hundred years and he still gets this smear. Arbuckle never raped or hurt anyone. It was fake news. Guy died penniless and his rep ruined over lies.

• 2Like

Caliane

this Batwoman thing hasnt gotten any better, they had the comic con in san diego and Ruby Rose chickened out of the discussion panel.
the face of the show cant be bothered to discuss the show, or is too chickenshit she is going to get roasted by nerds.
then CW puts out this gem of a trailer
they even had some lame batwoman graffiti painted o a wall and a pink bat signal.
CW also secretly removed all their previous craptastic batwoman trailers off their youtube channel.
they should have cancelled this show with the first trailer. this is going to be brutal.
ooph..

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ruby looks more like female Robin from the Dark Knight Returns, also she's a bit short for the part.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i really dont understand these new casting choices. back in the 90s when they wanted a strong woman or feminist they casted an actress and made sure she looked the part. Xena was a big beautiful amazon who could wreck your shit while making you secretly happy about it. Linda Hamilton in T2 went from a pretty chick to semi roided out freak for the role. what is this ruby rose doing to embrace the role? did she train martial arts? did she have to gain or lose weight? did she even have to change her hair from the same hairstyle she always has? this whole thing screams of low effort.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
In our new woke world, asking a woman to put on weight, work out or change her hair to fit a part is sexist. You just need to watch and mentally understand when she looks like shit doing her stunts she really looks amazing because she is a modern female.

• 3Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
In our new woke world, asking a woman to put on weight, work out or change her hair to fit a part is sexist. You just need to watch and mentally understand when she looks like shit doing her stunts she really looks amazing because she is a modern female.

UGH I can imagine them, like Brie, "Why should I change my natural body type to please a man?" - vomit

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Well, at least that trailer looks like someone there finally listened to the large number of people saying "You have man hating at around an 11 , how about you reel it back to maybe a 3 or 4?" I still expect this to be an abomination due to the fact that the lead doesn't have the strong acting chops I'd want to see in the role.

Last edited:

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
If this were real life, she'd be raped night one.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If this were real life, she'd be raped night one.

shes smaller than gal gadot or the modern wonder woman

its a problem. all i could think about was how i'd steam roll her. her abnormally low bodyweight and height is disturbing to me.

its a distraction

and for that reason im out

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i still cant get over how she stole batman's gear, facilities, identity, even his manlet, and then claimed it all as her own.

• 2Worf

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
shes smaller than gal gadot or the modern wonder woman

its a problem. all i could think about was how i'd steam roll her. her abnormally low bodyweight and height is disturbing to me.

its a distraction

and for that reason im out

that's one of the few things that SHOULDN'T be an issue. you have tom cruise playing action hero and despite everyone thinking it's silly, everyone buys it without any real objection. i thought her physicality was fine in john wick 2, so again, it SHOULDN'T be an issue here. so we'll see