Beach Honeymoon Destinations?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bumping this old ass thread.

Im getting married next summer and am looking for options for a honeymoon. We have talked about going some where probably warm and on the beach (all inclusive would be awesome). Talked about Hawaii, Mexico, Caribbean and such. Will probably only be 5-7 days, not sure on budget just yet.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Im getting married next summer and am looking for options for a honeymoon. We have talked about going some where probably warm and on the beach (all inclusive would be awesome). Talked about Hawaii, Mexico, Caribbean and such. Will probably only be 5-7 days, not sure on budget just yet.

Mexico all inclusive resorts are pretty damn good. Been to ones in both Cabo and Riviera Maya and both were great. Tulum is sick too. Snorkeling in cenotes, checking out Mayan ruins. Mexico is rad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Excellence is a solid chain of adults only all inclusives. Did the one in playa mueres.

Turks and Caicos is awesome but is going to be a lot more than Mexico.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida

Budget is going to really alter recommendations, but if you have a high one, this is where I took my wife for our 10th

Ended up being about $1600 a day but all the alcohol is premium and they had 4 Michelin star chefs working when we were there. It is in Spain though, but flights were not bad (way cheaper then going to Hawaii), and the upper end rooms have private pools and a private beach. If that number makes you balk they do have rooms that bring it down to 700 a night, has same alcohol but you dont get priority on restaurants so you may not be able to hit all of them. There are 7 restaurants though and all were fantastic. Spa was included but I cant remember if that was part of the Deluxe thing we had or not.

Bonuses: They give you a Tesla for a day and you can drive it. The roads along the southern Spanish coast are wonderful and we took it to Gibraltar which was a lil over an hour away. Totally worth seeing.

If you stay 5 nights or more they pick you up from the airport, which was not exactly close so thank god lol.

Place was amazing tbh, but yea I have stayed at a pile of places all over the Caribbean, Greece, Spain and the South Pacific so I can def give you realistic recommendations if you have an idea what you want to spend.

edit. a minor amount of reviews complained about kids which made me worry so while booking I talked to the rep about it. It must be when they went (summer and its much cheaper then), I went in November and there were hardly any and the ones that were were just enjoying the pools maybe a lil loud but they are kids ffs. Didn't effect us at all.

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

I second any of the Excellence resorts, we were at the Riveria Cancun one last May and it was great. Dreams Tulum is also fantastic but it is almost 2 hours from the airport so be sure you have private transportation to and from the resort. The one I we have been to the most (and enjoyed the most) is the Barcelo Maya. It is right South of Playa Del Carmen and has 5 hotels on the same property. If you stay at the Palace or the Adults Only resort you get access to the restaurants, bars, and pools of all the other resorts. The Barcelo Maya Palace has the largest pool I've been to in Mexico and its swim up bar is worth every penny.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I second any of the Excellence resorts, we were at the Riveria Cancun one last May and it was great. Dreams Tulum is also fantastic but it is almost 2 hours from the airport so be sure you have private transportation to and from the resort. The one I we have been to the most (and enjoyed the most) is the Barcelo Maya. It is right South of Playa Del Carmen and has 5 hotels on the same property. If you stay at the Palace or the Adults Only resort you get access to the restaurants, bars, and pools of all the other resorts. The Barcelo Maya Palace has the largest pool I've been to in Mexico and its swim up bar is worth every penny.

Barcelo Maya is where I stayed too. The swim bars were definitely one of the biggest highlights.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Budget is going to really alter recommendations, but if you have a high one, this is where I took my wife for our 10th

Costa Del Sol is prime package holiday destination for Brits, Germans and basically most of Europe. There's no way I'd go all inclusive there because each resort town is filled with restaurants, bars etc. Admittedly it's different because you guys have Mexico on your doorstep and we have Europe, so just as I've splashed the cash on 2 weeks Mexico all inclusive at a nicer resort then I would book for Costa del Sol then it's prob the same for you and Spain.

Looking up that resort I can see it's outside Marbella itself. Marbella being higher end than the rest of Costa Del Sol, decent amount of wealth there but also home to aspiring influencers etc

Juvarisx

Florida
Costa Del Sol is prime package holiday destination for Brits, Germans and basically most of Europe. There's no way I'd go all inclusive there because each resort town is filled with restaurants, bars etc. Admittedly it's different because you guys have Mexico on your doorstep and we have Europe, so just as I've splashed the cash on 2 weeks Mexico all inclusive at a nicer resort then I would book for Costa del Sol then it's prob the same for you and Spain.

Looking up that resort I can see it's outside Marbella itself. Marbella being higher end than the rest of Costa Del Sol, decent amount of wealth there but also home to aspiring influencers etc

Gotcha then yea its like Mexico, only way to guarantee no kida is an adults only Sandals or something, but even then you can get some really obnoxious adults. Place we were at was real quiet when we went probably because it wasnt "Spring Break" or equivariant nor in the dead of winter, so the place wasn't full but it was all top shelf.

If you don't want to risk it then yea I can tell you about the adults only one I stayed at which was nice but the time as tainted due to a bachelor / bachelorette party that the resort put up with for a couple days before punting them all out lol.

Here is the list of the ones I have personally been to. I will add when I went for convenience and will say if I woulda changed when I went and a rough estimate of the per night for a couple. As mentione dhowever Excellence is a great chain that I will also recommend.

as mentioned we went all out on that one in Novemeber at $1600ish a night. Top notch everything, including extras. Didnt have the issues Ossoi mentioned but I guess its possible so try to go not during peak.

Wedding present from my folks, so again November. Adults only, which is a plus but we had the aforementioned bachelor / bahlorette party there that were awful till they got the boot. Outside of them it was excellent. Was $900 per night, room was two floor with its own pool and also had 2 private pools and 2 private hottubs available. 7 restaurants, 8 bars. Premium liquor is a tier up. Had great weather which was a plus and its easy to get to and fro since its Cancun.

Last edited:

Juvarisx

Florida

Mixed on this one. Lovely place, its big though and you can't really swim cause of undertow, but they do offer water sports. Premium booze included, $1100 a night, food was excellent, live music was eh but coulda just been when I went. Went in May so wasn't packed but there was a good amount of kida but nothing too bad after 10pm

So Jamaica is a little hit and miss, and this place was no exception. $500 a night in a June, food was fine, booze was not premium, weather was good, rooms were fine. But if you play golf holy shit 10/10. Superb golf course that I recommend.

Went in October, $1300 a night. Had lousy weather which put a damper on it. Hotel has its own private island you can go to which was nice, good food, great wine selection. 10 restaurants so lots of options which is nice. You get some trashy people cause its a Sandals and they dont know how to act since its the first nice place they have ever been. Swim up rooms have a butler which I was so so on since I like to be left alone. Getting to the airport was easy with Sandals.

So we went here during a trip to Australia for 4 days. The appeal was it was its own island and well its Fiji. For what it was it was expensive but again its Fiji. Great food though.

So its a Beaches, which isn't inherently bad its just very corporate. Went in February, was $700 a night, very decent place. They picked a hell of a spot though, the beach and water was perfect.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Mixed on this one. Lovely place, its big though and you can't really swim cause of undertow, but they do offer water sports. Premium booze included, $1100 a night, food was excellent, live music was eh but coulda just been when I went. Went in May so wasn't packed but there was a good amount of kida but nothing too bad after 10pm

So Jamaica is a little hit and miss, and this place was no exception. $500 a night in a June, food was fine, booze was not premium, weather was good, rooms were fine. But if you play golf holy shit 10/10. Superb golf course that I recommend.

Went in October, $1300 a night. Had lousy weather which put a damper on it. Hotel has its own private island you can go to which was nice, good food, great wine selection. 10 restaurants so lots of options which is nice. You get some trashy people cause its a Sandals and they dont know how to act since its the first nice place they have ever been. Swim up rooms have a butler which I was so so on since I like to be left alone. Getting to the airport was easy with Sandals.

So we went here during a trip to Australia for 4 days. The appeal was it was its own island and well its Fiji. For what it was it was expensive but again its Fiji. Great food though.

So its a Beaches, which isn't inherently bad its just very corporate. Went in February, was $700 a night, very decent place. They picked a hell of a spot though, the beach and water was perfect.

Damn you've been to a ton.

I'm going to the Six Senses in Ibiza for a wedding in October and it looks so fucking nice. Looks like some White Lotus shit.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Why do all Mexican resorts have faggot ass names like dreams and excellence rofl

• 1Worf

Animosity

Narrowed it down to Maui mostly. Id love to do Mexico but my fiance is just not super into the idea. She thinks we will be abducted from the hotel pool. Even though everyone we know has gone the last year and had an awesome time. Maui seems a lot more expensive but a little bit safer to travel around and do as we please. I just wanna hang out on a beach and eat and drink nonstop, with some snorkling and a couple hikes thrown in.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Narrowed it down to Maui mostly. Id love to do Mexico but my fiance is just not super into the idea. She thinks we will be abducted from the hotel pool. Even though everyone we know has gone the last year and had an awesome time. Maui seems a lot more expensive but a little bit safer to travel around and do as we please. I just wanna hang out on a beach and eat and drink nonstop, with some snorkling and a couple hikes thrown in.
costco has these 2 packages for next year, i just entered in basic info, if you wanna check it out
f6fce1d8019913f3d37a88b03f3e1a85.png

i checked the hotels out, me personally, i'd do the first one, b/c it is right on the beach access, the other one is like miles away, you want a beach honeymoon? make sure the beach is right there.

other than that i really don't know about costco, we were gonna use em for a maui package this year but plans fell through w/ the other friends.

• 1Like

Animosity

costco has these 2 packages for next year, i just entered in basic info, if you wanna check it out
f6fce1d8019913f3d37a88b03f3e1a85.png

i checked the hotels out, me personally, i'd do the first one, b/c it is right on the beach access, the other one is like miles away, you want a beach honeymoon? make sure the beach is right there.

other than that i really don't know about costco, we were gonna use em for a maui package this year but plans fell through w/ the other friends.
Wow ya that seems like an awesome deal. Ive read some reviews that basically say Costco can be very hit or miss with their vacation packages. But that first one seems good.