Beavis and Butt-head

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
my best B&B moments should be obvious. they helped me discover White Zombie and other Industrial music.
I actually saw White zombie in a little club in Detroit called Harpos before they got famous. They were opening up for Danzig at the time, I think it was early 90s, maybe 91 or 92 ish? Anyway the stole the show. They had fucking huge ass Frankenstein monster dressed up chicks in cages on either side of the stage and the best thing was syncing strobes with the double bass drums in their songs. When Danzig finally came on it was a fucking downer after the WZ show. I saw them a few times after this in the 90s in Ozz fests and other festivals.
310795_Venue.png

Best was White zombie, Megadeth, Pantera and Slayer at an outside venue called Pine Knobb, which is a ski resort in the winter but a concert venue in the summer. They have a pavilion for the more expensive seats but then a grass hill fur the rest of the "lawn seats" when slayer finally came on the sun was setting and actual clouds rolled in, which added to the nature of the "evil" Slayer show. Prob the best concert Ive seen.

pine-knob-313-Presents-667x400.jpg

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I actually saw White zombie in a little club in Detroit called Harpos before they got famous. They were opening up for Danzig at the time, I think it was early 90s, maybe 91 or 92 ish? Anyway the stole the show. They had fucking huge ass Frankenstein monster dressed up chicks in cages on either side of the stage and the best thing was syncing strobes with the double bass drums in their songs. When Danzig finally came on it was a fucking downer after the WZ show. I saw them a few times after this in the 90s in Ozz fests and other festivals.

Best was White zombie, Megadeth, Pantera and Slayer at an outside venue called Pine Knobb, which is a ski resort in the winter but a concert venue in the summer. They have a pavilion for the more expensive seats but then a grass hill fur the rest of the "lawn seats" when slayer finally came on the sun was setting and actual clouds rolled in, which added to the nature of the "evil" Slayer show. Prob the best concert Ive seen.

View attachment 418715
i saw WZ several times during their Astrocreep-2000 tour and then saw Rob for Hellbilly Deluxe. i also gotta say, Danzig was a huge disappointment when i saw him too. not because his performance, he's fine. i saw him at the count Basie theater next door to the Silent Bob comic book shop. Danzig is just so small and he portrayed himself as this big badass. his guitarist John Christ had to stand far away from him on stage because he is so tall it looked like he could step on Danzig. it was really distracting watching all this and i couldnt enjoy the show. when you're 5'3'', not much you can do about it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I knew he was short but not that short. Unless the dudes in the picture are all 5'5" or hes standing on milk crate, I dont see it.

1656020025486.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I knew he was short but not that short. Unless the dudes in the picture are all 5'5" or hes standing on milk crate, I dont see it.

View attachment 418718
Danzig, who is 5 ft 3 in tall,[95] also developed an interest in bodybuilding:

"I've always been attracted to the Nietzschean idea of perfection, and so I began trying to perfect my body. I bought Arnold Schwarzenegger's ENCYCLOPEDIA OF MODERN BODYBUILDING and started studying. Lifting weights is just lifting weights, but bodybuilding is about sculpting the body. Nutrition is essential, and though I'd like to be eating candy and cake, it immediately settles on my hips. Unfortunately, when I'm on the road I only get to work out a few times weekly, but when I'm at home with my weights and machines I work out four or five times a week."[96]

iu

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
LOL Fucking manlet.
I “met” Danzig back in the early 90s after a concert in San Jose. This was back before the internets so the rumor mill on his height wasn’t that wide spread.

Even after watching him live on stage I had no idea how short he was until I stood in front of him back stage. It was kind of surreal towering over him as he angrily scribbled his signature on some shirt I had. Basically he was short and cunty.

Talk about never wanting to meet your heroes.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Napoleon complex maybe? But yeah, I hear that a lot of these rock dudes are cunts in RL. I heard someone that met Mustane said the same thing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Napoleon complex maybe? But yeah, I hear that a lot of these rock dudes are cunts in RL. I heard someone that met Mustane said the same thing.
i hung out with Colin Hay, bought him a pitcher of beer to hang with us he was fucking cool he actually joined our table and chilled. it was the best celeb experience i have had. i met Lemmy in a bar after i saw Men At Work. no idea he was a MAW fan, was talking to him for a few minutes, he was cool. i met the drummer of Twisted Sister at a bar and the fuck stole my beer. met the chick from Mr Mom, Teri Garr and she was a total bitch. met a few guys from MTV at metal concerts. Matt Pinfield and some others. they were fucking cool. though i dont think they counted as celebs. glad i never met Ricki Ractman, i wanted to punch that fucker in the face.

• 1Solidarity

joz123

Potato del Grande
i hung out with Colin Hay, bought him a pitcher of beer to hang with us he was fucking cool he actually joined our table and chilled. it was the best celeb experience i have had. i met Lemmy in a bar after i saw Men At Work. no idea he was a MAW fan, was talking to him for a few minutes, he was cool. i met the drummer of Twisted Sister at a bar and the fuck stole my beer. met the chick from Mr Mom, Teri Garr and she was a total bitch. met a few guys from MTV at metal concerts. Matt Pinfield and some others. they were fucking cool. though i dont think they counted as celebs. glad i never met Ricki Ractman, i wanted to punch that fucker in the face.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Cybsled

Movie was decent and probably on the same level as B&B Do America (although less music, there were only like 2-3 scenes with music that stood out) - they didn't really capitalize on B&B in the modern era besides smart phones and them wandering into some feminism class at a college, although their takes on both were pretty funny.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
It was ok.

More importantly I think they are about to add the old episodes with the music videos included. There is already at least one old one added now called cow tipping that had a few videos in it.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it was so refreshing to see this from all the Seattle shit that MTV was pushing at the time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Good lord, I just found this thread, Beavis & Butthead coming out it is awesome. It's a staple back in the 90s, along with Headbangers Ball, and Liquid Television.

It's where I learned about Gwar, and proceeded to buy all their albums.

Used to showcase all kinds of random amazing videos though. I remember seeing Ministry on there and was surprised while laughing my as off as a teenager.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Few things are more 90s than BnB.

Seems kind of silly to resurrect it. As goos as Mike Judge shows tend to be they are all very specifically products of their times.