Beetlejuice 2

Sterling

El Presidente
Burton has done alright. Dark Shadows was actually a decent movie, but they released it at the same time as Avengers which was a death sentence to any movie that summer. I can honestly say that nothing I have seen by him recently has been unwatchable. Its actually Depp that's in the slump right now, and one of epic proportions.

After seeing Birdman, I actually think there is a chance this could be awesome, as long as they let Keaton be himself and stick with mostly stop motion and practical effects.
I don't necessarily think it will be terrible. I just don't think it will be able to reproduce all the awesome of the first one.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The first one is awful. It's just that magical awesome kind of awful that awful movies today can't capture anymore.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
After seeing Birdman, I actually think there is a chance this could be awesome, as long as they let Keaton be himself and stick with mostly stop motion and practical effects.
Agreed. Keaton's better than he's ever been, this could be an awesome vehicle for him if they have a decent writer.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Imagine if they got Roiland and Harmon from Rick and Morty to write. Tim Burton direction with their world building and dialogue. Oh myyyyyy.

Cybsled

If they did it, wonder how they would handle Baldwin and Davis' characters? I suppose it could be a new house and they stayed in theirs to haunt it and Lydia is in her own home now. It's easier to make Keaton look the same since he has the heavy makeup afterall.

I liked the cartoon as a kid, but I doubt they would make it 100% canon in the context of the films. More people saw the film in the scheme of things. That being said, there is enough material to mine there that I would imagine they might use some of the concepts from the cartoon. It has happened in the past (see: Ghostbusters 2...you can tell certain elements of it, like friendly Slimmer, were basically influenced by the cartoon).

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I enjoyed the cartoon enough to remember the theme song VERY clearly (it was awesome), but damned if I can remember the plot of even one episode. Is it worth rewatching?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I enjoyed the cartoon enough to remember the theme song VERY clearly (it was awesome), but damned if I can remember the plot of even one episode. Is it worth rewatching?
i remember watching it the first and maybe second season, but i distinctly remember they did something to fuck up what i liked about the show and then i avoided it. it was pretty awesome when it started though i cant remember any particular episodes.

Cybsled

The plot was pretty much "let's have wacky adventures and Beetlejuice will be an asshole to someone" if I remember ;p

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Loved the animated series as a kid, remember it had Jacques the french skeleton along with I think Ginger the spider and some giant monster that was his neighbor. River Styx and Masque of the Red Death episodes were pretty great if I remember.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, I liked the cartoon a lot as a kid but I don't remember much about it. I was pretty young when that was around. Years of X-Men, Ninja Turtles, GI Joe.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
rlPehjr0Omdt7r3GUfgu41eOJEn.jpg

Title: Beetlejuice 2

Genre: Horror, Fantasy, Comedy

Director: Tim Burton

Cast: Michael Keaton, Winona Ryder

Release: 2019

Plot: This is a follow-up to the comedy Beetlejuice (1988), about a ghost who's recruited to help haunt a house.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There better be stop-motion animation and calypso music or I'll write very mean things on the internet. Look the fuck out!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users