Being an adult sucks

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
JFC pull your head out of your ass. Spoken by someone with kids. You need to experience everything to be able to fully appreciate it you dumb cunt.
Thanks. I'm not saying any other opinion is invalid, I was trying to respond to a specific statement. I'm not trying to invalidate someone who doesn't have kids, nor am I saying my opinion is the only one that is valid. I'm saying it's impossible to explain the joy/pain of kids without having them, so to project otherwise is folly.

But thanks for being so eloquent. You certainly put me in my place.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
lurkingdirk_sl said:
I'm saying it's impossible to explain the joy/pain of kids without having them, so to project otherwise is folly.
No fucking shit. It is impossible to explain anything completely without experiencing it. this is why terms like "book smarts" and " street smarts" exist and other variations of the theme. Implying the difference between knowledge and experience. I don't know if you're 18 and just figured this out or you seriously love the smell of your own shit. I said this in my first reply to your dumb fuck statement and you didn't seem to grasp it since you restated your point without adding anything except trying to take some kind of high ground because you are in fact a dumb cunt. Any more allusions to be something more is just that.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah seriously. I was once a bachelor and it was awesome. Sleep till whenever, stay up till whenever, have a full course dinner consisting only of cheesecake, go see a movie at noon, then see another one at midnight just because.

It was great. It was also the loneliest time of my life despite being surrounded by people. I just wanted to wake up next to someone that wanted to be around me as much as I wanted to be around them. Well, I found that and then 3 kids showed up and my life is literally just damage control. It's stressful, hectic and messy and I would absolutely never trade that in for anything. My 2 year old daughter went through a year phase where she puked breast milk on me at least once a week. It sucked. But she's my daughter and she's awesome so I let it slide.

It's weird because I DO NOT like kids. My kids on the other hand... Totally different.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah seriously. I was once a bachelor and it was awesome. Sleep till whenever, stay up till whenever, have a full course dinner consisting only of cheesecake, go see a movie at noon, then see another one at midnight just because.

It was great. It was also the loneliest time of my life despite being surrounded by people. I just wanted to wake up next to someone that wanted to be around me as much as I wanted to be around them. Well, I found that and then 3 kids showed up and my life is literally just damage control. It's stressful, hectic and messy and I would absolutely never trade that in for anything. My 2 year old daughter went through a year phase where she puked breast milk on me at least once a week. It sucked. But she's my daughter and she's awesome so I let it slide.

It's weird because I DO NOT like kids. My kids on the other hand... Totally different.
Being alone or having kids are not the only options. You can be with someone else and still not have kids.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck, most mothers in America don't even get paid maternity leave, let alone fathers
*fully* paid 10 weeks (4 before estimated dob, 6 after) is mandatory by law for the mother here. I don't even know how a woman can work a week before or after that, they're completely out of it, not even starting with the needs of the baby - well, that is what formula was invented for, I guess

I find that peculiar, given how so much of America talks about the sanctity of life, and are anti-abortion -- those are the same people who vote against extended maternity leave, and parental funding. It's odd.
it is the pro life vs pro birth dilemma, and they actually are just the latter.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Being alone or having kids are not the only options. You can be with someone else and still not have kids.
I didn't say it was the only option. It was for me because my wife had a son from a previous marriage. Clearly YMMV, but for me I'm a family man

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So you are missing out on the first weeks of your child's life so you can play a video game? Fantastic. You probably won't regret that at all.
The newborn months are overrated. Shit, sleep, eat.

When they're toddler aged, that's when things get interesting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I mean what the fuck can I do. I hold him for awhile, he shits, he gets hungry. I can change a diaper but beyond that not much I can do

Nuttin_sl

shitlord
My oldest kid turned teenager like 2 months ago, I daresay that all ages, newborn and onwards has their ups and downs, teenagers complain alot and I have had some trouble coping with that fact, fucking teenagers of today are all quite spoiled also, but that is our fault for wanting to give them something better, then what we, ourselves had, but I am starting to think that maybe giving my kids Iphones / Ipads / Xbox/ PS / Computers and shit, wasnt such a good idea afterall, but then again we live in a world where young people who dont have atleast a smartphone are treated as 3rd world retards.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I mean what the fuck can I do. I hold him for awhile, he shits, he gets hungry. I can change a diaper but beyond that not much I can do
before going to work I just spent 30 minutes with her, shaking toys and stuff, holding them for her to grab on then she dozes off already. Also got the new Thule model (chinook I), so I've been doing a lot of cycling with her sleeping behind me. Yay, I guess.

Yeah I want her to have it "better" than I had, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna shower her with toys and electronics later, because that's actually what I had. Sure, those weren't actually *my* PCs, but I played GNB, Civ, RRT, WC1-3, C&C, Blizzard's stuff and all those 90 classics up and down on my father's PCs. Father time however meant he was sitting on the other PC, playing another game as well, and very rarely it was multiplayer.

So better means I'll actually spend time with her instead of just in her presence.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I had a pretty absent father, not really his fault since he had to work two jobs to support us. My mother was good with us but is a complete mess now. My goal is to be the best father I can. I spend as much time as I can with him, believe me. I just want him to look up to me and be proud to call me his dad. Whatever I need to do to get there, I'll do it.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
*fully* paid 10 weeks (4 before estimated dob, 6 after) is mandatory by law for the mother here. I don't even know how a woman can work a week before or after that, they're completely out of it, not even starting with the needs of the baby - well, that is what formula was invented for, I guess

it is the pro life vs pro birth dilemma, and they actually are just the latter.
Oh usually mothers take off, they just don't get paid for it. My sister in law worked to the day she gave birth. The day before that she worked a 16 hour day too. Not sure how long she took afterwards.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I spent a lot of time with my kids when they were babies. The first six months are more like having an exotic pet. Can't fend for itself, sleeps, and requires feeding.

Also, Tananthalas seems upset.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I find that peculiar, given how so much of America talks about the sanctity of life, and are anti-abortion -- those are the same people who vote against extended maternity leave, and parental funding. It's odd.
You live in the Bible Belt, or around crazies? On the coasts, where people are able to think objectively and without fear of a made-up flying spaghetti monster sending them to a fiery afterlife, things are different.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I live in Jacksonville, which I swear has more churches than any other establishment, and the one abortion clinic here is protested every second it is open.