Berserk - Golden Age Arc II

Vorpse_sl

shitlord
Berserk is definitely one of the top all time anime/manga. Glad to see they're planning to push beyond the original anime. Looking forward to seeing things animated that you only got in the manga before.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ok so because of this thread I just read the first arc then the golden age arc...

What the fuck did I just read!!! Mindblowing. Is Griffith being male SUPPOSED to be a plot twist by the way?

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
so since these are out in Japan, is nobody subbing #3? Normally with popular stuff like this, it's ripped, subbed and uploaded in no time, but I don't even see raws floating around yet

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Berserk has been on my list of anime series to watch. After getting caught up in Titan (fucking loving it) and hearing about it having a Berserk vibe I was planning on getting started on the anime. Am I better off just watching the movies? Or both??

Disp_sl

shitlord
Both. The anime series is better because you miss a lot of character development with the movie, but the movies so far have been solid and have great animation. Haven't watched the first movie since it was brand new, but I seem to remember they crammed the first 7 episodes of the anime into about the first 20-30 minutes of the movie, so you don't get the same understanding of the Guts/Caska/Griffith relationships. I definitely recommend watching the full 26 episode anime. It's the best anime series I've ever seen by far.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
What Ham said, arc 3 came out in Japan in February and I haven't seen a whisper of it subbed anywhere, if anyone has a lead it would be appreciated, I love the anime and you get alot more in it, but having seen that, and read the manga these movie versions are super fun eye candy while I fill in the rest.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Both. The anime series is better because you miss a lot of character development with the movie, but the movies so far have been solid and have great animation. Haven't watched the first movie since it was brand new, but I seem to remember they crammed the first 7 episodes of the anime into about the first 20-30 minutes of the movie, so you don't get the same understanding of the Guts/Caska/Griffith relationships. I definitely recommend watching the full 26 episode anime. It's the best anime series I've ever seen by far.
Thanks, i'll deff start with the anime series then. Looking forward to it.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Definatly what Disp said. You will miss a lot only watching the 3 movies. The anime adds a lot of depth to the characters.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you really want to get into it grab the manga, AFTER YOU WATCH THE ANIME, it is really great and will fill in all the blanks. It goes way beyond where the anime ends and is till going now. Kind of an undertaking to catch up but worth it if you like the anime. I for one am really hopeing they continue the movies past where the anime ends and keep the story going following the manga.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
has the manga wrapped up yet? and is there a version that people do similar to the naruto with the sound effects and whatnot?

my gf watched the first 2 movies and really wants to see the third, I feel like switching over to the anime now is doable, but the quality difference in animation is insane

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
has the manga wrapped up yet?
They still have not reached Elf Island or fixed Caska...

Anime is great, but the anime and the movies are the prequel chapters to the main story, so you will be left at a bit of a cliff hanger at the end. Anime is great to watch, but leaves out some critical characters that gives it problems with continuing (Skull knight - who's possibly the best character in the story, Puck - possibly the worst character in the story, some more Nosferatu Zodd fights that are great, more on who the Kushans are, etc).

Definitely start with the anime, then move to the movies though.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
manga is such a drag...

btw for ppl who want to watch movie 3, usually theatrical movies are never sub'd or cam'd so you're gonna have to wait for the bluray release. Which is usually 5-6 months, so mid-end of summer for movie 3?

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
well knowing that now makes rewatching the golden age story in anime form easier than waiting now I guess.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
lanx beat me to it. I did some e-sleuthing and found this: Unofficial torrent version will be probably late june because the Japanese blu-ray comes out on June 19th.

PKS

N00b
I ended up speeding through the manga last month and it was nice but became painful towards the end. The story line was extremely slow in developing and every chapter started to blur towards each other.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Every time I see this thread I think a new chapter has come out
frown.png
. But yeah the author is milking the shit out of the manga at this point ala One Piece, but at least that comes out weekly.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I agree it has it's slow parts, I skimmed alot of the Griffith vs the emperor, I really hope it gets back on track again, painfull to wait so long for something you will read in less than 30 mins.

Siliconemelons

Just downloaded I belive the ArcI remake and I belive also the orig series- any particular watching order etc? should I just do the new one?