Best All Inclusive's

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Sounds like something someone who doesn't live by the ocean would say.

I've lived by the ocean. I prefer freshwater, no jelly fish, no sharks, and just as beautiful. Hang out on Lake Michigan - can't see the other side, it's a huge body of water, has massive waves at times, and beautiful beaches. Also, far fewer tourists.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah but you get winter. I realize that also happens in many places on coasts too but those Great Lakes winters are brutal.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So, I haven't booked anything yet.

However I did just get back from a 4 day trip to Destin Florida. Wife and I flew into New Orleans (which is the single shittiest airport I've ever been to), rented a car and drove the coast to Destin. Once there we spent time on the white sand beaches which were beautiful though the water was pretty high with algee to the point where the water was a deep green. It was also beautiful though it made swimming interesting.

We took two charters out on the water, I caught a 17lb Red Snapper and a 27lb Grouper and a bunch of other smaller stuff. I sold the Snapper and we took the Grouper to Deweys and they cooked it for us and I fed a bunch of people (mostly strangers). Fished off the piers, got drunk on crab islands sand bar, and all in all, had a great time. Wife and I ate enough seafood to almost give ourselves mercury poisoning.

I got back last night, I miss it already. As someone who grew up on the great lakes, I love it here. I love the lakes a lot but they aren't anything alike other than they are large bodies of water. I can't wait to go back, this time further south and more tropical.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah but you get winter. I realize that also happens in many places on coasts too but those Great Lakes winters are brutal.

Winter is fucking awesome. I love it so much. Winter on the Great Lakes is supreme. Sledding, skiing, skating, snowshoeing, hiking, ice fishing...I could not stand to live in a place without winter.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I got to Tahoe for all that. Tahoe is fantastic. Ski all day. Play poker all night.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My experience has shown that the price of all-inclusives can he beat by doing the legwork (ie.. cruising the web) and building your own vacation. I have been throughout most of the Caribbean and you can make a really nice vacation for less than you think.

Ps.. I just got back from Bermuda. You want to see clear blue ocean like in the movies? Bermuda baby. And the island residents are amazingly friendly and not prone to stab you for your iPhone.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
^ This is true. All-inclusives are fun no doubt, but booking your own adventure is always better. You line up your favorite activities, stay in an area that fits your quiet-or-boisterous scale, and since you're usually a little more off the beaten path you're with less people. Just makes the moment more enjoyable.

• 1Like