Best full Albums

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I was listened to Offspring - Smash the other day and it got me thinking of old albums back when we had Tapes, CD, Records and shit, and it got me thinking about solid albums where all the songs are great from start to finish. So let's see the full albums you could sit down and listen to the whole thing from start to finish.

Here are a couple of great ones to get started with.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Guns N Roses but you use the over long and spotty followups to one of Rocks greatest albums, Appetite for Destruction?

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Here is some of my faves....

Pantera-Vulgar Display of Power
Suicidal Tendencies-Art of Rebellion
White Zombie- La Sexorcisto
Alice n Chains-Dirt
Beck-Odelay
Faith no More- Angel Dust
Helmet-Betty
Perfect Circle-Mar de Noms
311-Transistor
Puscifer- Conditions of my perole/Moneyshot
STP-Core/Purple
Van Halen-1/1984
Tribe Called Quest- Midnight Marauders
Slayer-South of Heaven/Seasons in the Abyss
Eric b Rakim- Paid in Full

Tons more, but these are all I can think of right now... Plus other shit thats a given like Nirvana, Soundgarden, Rush, and other classics like Zeppelin etc... Too many to name really.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Yes, I'm old.

• 5Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Yes, I'm old.

Man, I'm only 31, and I still think Pink Floyd put out the best concept albums ever. :D

Some lesser-known modern examples would be the Dredg albums Leitmotif and El Cielo, Cave In's White Silence, just about any Opeth album... Porcupine Tree's In Absentia, Explosions in the Sky's All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Oh yeah, Queens of the Stone Age's Songs for the Deaf. I'm surprised no one else on this board mentioned it first, probably lots of QOTSA lovers here. :)

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
El Cielo and Catch Without Arms are still two of my favorite albums, hell yeah my man.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle
DJ Quick - Safe n Sound
Notorious BIG - Ready to Die, Life After Death
Wu Tang Clan - 36 Chambers
Eminem - Marshall Mathers LP
Tupac/Makaveli - Don Killimunati

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
El Cielo and Catch Without Arms are still two of my favorite albums, hell yeah my man.

I saw them live back in 2003. They opened for Glassjaw and Sparta, but I was there for Dredg. It's crazy how many of the out-there sounds from El Cielo they were able to reproduce in a low budget live setting. Still one of the best shows I've ever been to.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Perfect_From_Now_On.jpg

Needless

Toe Sucker
I saw them live back in 2003. They opened for Glassjaw and Sparta, but I was there for Dredg. It's crazy how many of the out-there sounds from El Cielo they were able to reproduce in a low budget live setting. Still one of the best shows I've ever been to.

Holy shit, i completely forgot about Sparta! man i loved them and dredg so much back in like 2004/2005ish

Double holy shit, they're touring now too

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So many good albums front to back. Many mentioned already.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Muse - Absolution
Sublime - 40oz to Freedom
Soundgarden - Superunknown
Steven Wilson - Raven that Refused to Sing
Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
All the "classic" Rush albums
Practically every Led Zeppelin album
Practically every Beatles album after they started doing drugs
All the classic Allman Bros albums
most Tool albums
Rage Against the Machine self-titled

And a hundred others I'm forgetting.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Being a drummer for the past 25+ yrs, Im kind of keen on good drummers in my music I like. The above list I mentioned are some of the best. Not all, but only some of the standouts.

For example that Suicidal Tendencies- Art of Rebellion (1992) album, if you never heard it before, give it a listen, its the only one of theirs I like, its a departure from their mostly punk/trash to more mainstream rock. And this is because they used Josh Freese on drums to record that album. Probably one of the best session rock drummers out there. Did other shit like Perfect Circle, among many others, which if you nictice is also on the list.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity