Best movie of the decade ?

Caliane

Mad Max was phenomenal but I feel Dredd is worth mentioning. Movie was top notch, the expectations were pretty bad and it basically blew away everyone.
I didn't think dredd was this decade. but yeah. 2012.

I wasn't coming up with a name, when looking at the tread title. nothing stood out in my mind. Until clicking the tread, and seeing Fury road, at which point, yeah. 100% fury Road. cinematic masterpiece.

Dredd IS amazing too though, and makes me wonder if there is something 2010-11 im forgetting. hard pressed to beat Fury Road even if though..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Echoing a lot of what others have already said. Fury Road, BR2049, GotG, Dredd, and John Wick 1 are probably my top 5.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Wind River is one of those movies where you can't be surprised by any of it after the first viewing, but it's still a great rewatch due to how well it is made and the performances by the great cast. Hell or high water is the same.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Fury Road hands down.
Need time to consider others but John Wick and Dredd are both great. Probably at least 1 Marvel movie (Civil War or Infinity War for me, take your pick, although Thor Ragnarok is defensible as well).

Trying to think some other fringe choices. Mandy?

EDIT: this is from 2010:

p8458319_v_v8_aa (1).jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You know. I am ashamed and appalled that nobody has mentioned Prisoners yet.

Fury Road is a great popcorn flick. One of the best ever in fact. But it's not the best movie of this decade, not by a long shot. Though it might be the best spectacle on screen of this decade.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
John Wick 1
Big Short
Wind River
Hell or High Water
Martian
Edge of Tomorrow

In no particular order.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Ex Machina
Mad Max: Fury Road
Interstellar
10 Cloverfield Lane
Momose, Kocchi Wo Muite (My Pretend Girlfriend) a Japanese movie

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
In no particular order:

John Wick
Mad Max
Interstellar
Wolf of Wall Street
The Force Awakens
Jurassic World
Dark Knight Rises (Dark Knight is better but not this decade).
The Avengers
The Avengers: Infinity War
Rogue One
The Hunger Games (first one)
Jumanji
Guardians of the Galaxy
Deadpool
American Sniper
Thor: Ragnarok
Inception
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (went steeply downhill after this).

Sterling

El Presidente
Do those of you listing Interstellar actually enjoy the ending of the movie? It's just so hard to overlook something so bad for me.

• 1Popcorn

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Black Swan was from 2010 so it just barely makes it but I think it deserves a mention. It's been a real shit show of a decade with all the sequels and superhero movies.

Live, Die, Repeat/Edge of Tomorrow was another great sci fi movie from the last decade.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Do those of you listing Interstellar actually enjoy the ending of the movie? It's just so hard to overlook something so bad for me.
I think I like it for the same reasons I like The Fountain (2006). Transcendence, love, eternity, working for a worthy goal. Silly, sure, but it's scifi mixed with human emotions, need, hopes and dreams. Romantic with your SO. If not, well, if anything it's great for netflix and chill, will get one laid.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users