Best PC FPS games of the last few years

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I just played Bulletstorm and enjoyed the hell out of it and am hungry for more FPS games on the PC. What are the best ones of the last 3 or 4 years?

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shadow Warrior
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
Hard Reset
Borderlands 2
Metro: 2033
Metro: Last Light
Sniper Elite series

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
My favorites:

Far Cry 3(especially Blood Dragon expansion)
Borderlands 1 & 2
Portal 2
Bioshock Infinite(if you count RPG FPS)
I'm really enjoying the new Wolfenstein so far too, but I'm only maybe 5 hours into it, but it seems great so far

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My favorites:

Far Cry 3(especially Blood Dragon expansion)
Borderlands 1 & 2
Portal 2
Bioshock Infinite(if you count RPG FPS)
I'm really enjoying the new Wolfenstein so far too, but I'm only maybe 5 hours into it, but it seems great so far
Portal is not a shooter. And the fps aspect of Bioshock, especially infinite, is what dragged those games down.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Wolfenstein 2014

Borderlands

And for multiplayer

Planetside 2

Battlefield 3 and 4

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I second CoJ: Gunslinger, game is fun as hell, and Hard Reset is also quality, although it can be very hard early on. Spec Ops: The Line is great for story telling, the gameplay is pretty standard but I enjoyed it.

I'm playing through Shadow Warrior now and seems great so far.

One for multiplayer no one has recommended yet that I liked is Blacklight: Retribution. F2P but I was competitive right out of the gates, the unlocks help but not required to dominate people.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Wolfenstein 2014
Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon (Blood Dragon especially if you loved the 80's)
Bioshock Infinite

And if you have not played it yet, Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't get all the love for Blood Dragon. I loved Far Cry 3, but I made it all of maybe 30 minutes into Blood Dragon before I quit. It's just awful.

Wasn't a huge fan of Borderlands 2 either. Played the fuck out of the original Borderlands. Maybe because I never did multiplayer is why I couldn't get into that one.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
May as well put Tomb Raider, it's 90% a shooter anyway and the game is great.

Crysis 3 was okay.
Dead Space 2 (First one has awful mouse controls that you can maybe fix with fuckery, third one is a dull rehash)
Hold off on playing the Metro games, they are getting an update on pc/new consoles.

Avoid Max Payne 3 if you enjoyed the first two and looked forward to a proper sequel.

The first COD: Modern Warfare has a pretty good campaign. Everything since is shit.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
First Crysis was also fun, first few levels are basically you being a predator against a bunch of north koreans and the ending was pretty epic, but the stuff in between is forgotten, probably for a reason.

Evernothing

I don't get all the love for Blood Dragon. I loved Far Cry 3, but I made it all of maybe 30 minutes into Blood Dragon before I quit. It's just awful.
Funny, I had the reverse experience with Far Cry 3 vanilla, about 30 mins before quitting from boredom. But, I played Blood Dragon to 100%.

Like Kreugen said, Tomb Raider is also pretty damn good third person shooter.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Some good ones mentioned, but there's also Serious Sam 3 if you want mindless violence. The soundtrack is pretty good too.

If you want a choice between stealth/assassination or straight-up murderfest, you have games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution or Dishonored.

Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light are good FPS/story with horror/atmosphere elements.

Evernothing

If you are in to F2P online shooters, check:

Warframe
Hawken
Tribes: Ascend
Planetside