Best PC FPS games of the last few years

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Avoid Max Payne 3 if you enjoyed the first two and looked forward to a proper sequel.
Totally will disagree with this. I loved Max Payne 3. First one was awesome, and I thought the second was rushed with the only fun part for me being the fun house.

Loved three though. Why didn't you like it?

spronk

FPS noob
I didn't like Max Payne 3 either, it felt way too quicktime-y and they forced a pretty boring story down your throat in ways that made it felt less like a game and more like a art movie or something - weird video cutscenes that were unskippable, QTEs, dopey dialogue, etc.

Titanfall was one of the better MP FPS' i have enjoyed, the pacing is super fast and it looks pretty on PC. The game is sorta dead MP wise on the PC, but I still enjoy jumping into a quick game every now and then. The ground game is great, good weapon variety and the parkour stuff really works great. All the Titan mechanics are just a big bonus, and its really fun to run around in a giant Titan. Its frankly hard to play stuff like Battlefield or Destiny after Titanfall, everything else feels slow. Not nearly as fast as Quake/Doom tho.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I liked the flashback parts of Max Payne 3, and the occasional alternate scenario (like the bus), but the rest of the game felt like "it sucks to be the drunken gringo".

Fadaar

That guy
Borderlands 2 was probably the most enjoyable/longest lasting FPS of the last 5 years for me

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Borderlands 2 was probably the most enjoyable/longest lasting FPS of the last 5 years for me
Same. Steam says I have 210 hours played in that. Can probably subtract a good amount to AFK, but as FPS experiences go (co-op) I can't think of a more enjoyable game in the past years. Like Hatorade mentioned, I have probably played that as long as most other FPS games combined in the past 5 years (as I rarely ever do multiplayer, just the single player (co-op if available)). Most FPS games are 4-8 hour experiences for me, as the single player part of them tends to be very short these days.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If third person counts Mass Effect 3 MP was sweet as balls
I played the hell out of ME3 multiplayer I am not sure what about it was so satisfying but it really scratched my shooter itch pretty well.

Fadaar

That guy
Same. Steam says I have 210 hours played in that. Can probably subtract a good amount to AFK, but as FPS experiences go (co-op) I can't think of a more enjoyable game in the past years. Like Hatorade mentioned, I have probably played that as long as most other FPS games combined in the past 5 years (as I rarely ever do multiplayer, just the single player (co-op if available)). Most FPS games are 4-8 hour experiences for me, as the single player part of them tends to be very short these days.
Mine only says 81 hours, but I know it's off by at least 100 hours. When I was deployed in 2012 I spent many many many hours playing BL2 with Steam in offline mode, which doesn't count toward your played time. Probably closer to 200.

If third person counts Mass Effect 3 MP was sweet as balls
I also second the Mass Effect trilogy. Except for the ending of 3 the series is awesome and at least 100 hours of play.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Mass Effect as a FPS sucked donkey balls, especially 2/3. Nothing but chest high walls galore into a room followed by another room filled with chest high walls.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'd have to agree with Borderlands 2 for a campaign style FPS. If you're looking at a team FPS I'm surprised nobody had mentioned Team Fortress 2.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Max Payne 3 took a series about doing slow motion bullettime dives through the air like a motherfucking John Woo movie and turned it into slow motion hiding behind things and popping up to headshot from cover over and over and over and over. It took a steaming shit on the established gameplay. And the editing of the billions of cutscenes were migraine-inducing.

Nendyen_sl

shitlord
F.E.A.R. series (yes, I'm going back a little longer than 3-4 years) was incredibly fun in my opinion. Although they did get less and less spooky the further into the series you go (3 is the least jump-scary one, it has co-op though, so /shrug). Still had fun with all three of them though.

And having played all the Max Paynes and Wolfensteins (except the newest Wolfenstein), I enjoyed them all, to each his own.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Serious Sam and Painkiller games are both worth the pennies-on-the-dollar prices you'll pay for them nowadays.